Game-Labs Forum

[modules] Refit & Note modifiers [Patch 11.0]

3 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

HP and Thickness have  a cap o 20%.  This is included with your wood bonus for what type of ship your craft.  So effectively you just put what a mod on there that maxed out your HP without even taking into account the second mod or wood type.  We where thinking the floating battery would prob be best used on a Fir or Cedar ships to tank something out that normally wouldn't be very paper thin.  We really just couldn't find a use for the Floating Battery. It's an odd mod with it's stats and the in game caps that we found so far.  With that we are suspecting that other things like Penetration and such might cap out at 20% too.  It's kinda hard to test those stats out.   We have some one about to do a reload build and we will be able to time it and see if it caps out at 20% too.

Thats really interesting, didnt know that. Stat caps are a odd thing if they are mentioned nowhere.:blink:

8 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

HP and Thickness have  a cap o 20%.  This is included with your wood bonus for what type of ship your craft.  So effectively you just put what a mod on there that maxed out your HP without even taking into account the second mod or wood type.  We where thinking the floating battery would prob be best used on a Fir or Cedar ships to tank something out that normally wouldn't be very paper thin.  We really just couldn't find a use for the Floating Battery. It's an odd mod with it's stats and the in game caps that we found so far.  With that we are suspecting that other things like Penetration and such might cap out at 20% too.  It's kinda hard to test those stats out.   We have some one about to do a reload build and we will be able to time it and see if it caps out at 20% too.

Ah, good to keep in mind, usually I try to push the envelope on my builds/combinations just because it's more fun :P

I'm guessing that the floating battery might find its use in ,say, a mahogany-mahogany build with its super-high crew resistance (and fire, whatever), and then the floating battery for the armour to get the best of both worlds.

Though of course there's ways to do it the other way around with thicker woods and crew res upgrades, but once the limited upgrade slots becomes more important than cost/availability more extreme upgrades such as the battery might take precedence.

Edited by Guest

I think there's no 20% Speed cap.

I've got Gazelle, Bovenwinds, Copper, Opt. Ballast, Art of Cargo Dist. on my Surprise (Bermuda/Bermuda) and it is 19% from bonuses and 10% from woods used, and every item/skill added increased speed, finally reaching 15knts cap. (drops below the cap, only when above 215 tons in hold with full set of long cannons - 4/9/6/4 pdrs).

Edited by Darayavahus

14 minutes ago, Darayavahus said:

I think there's no 20% Speed cap.

I've got Gazelle, Bovenwinds, Copper, Opt. Ballast, Art of Cargo Dist. on my Surprise (Bermuda/Bermuda) and it is 19% from bonuses and 10% from woods used, and every item/skill added increased speed, finally reaching 15knts cap. (drops below the cap, only when above 215 tons in hold with full set of long cannons - 4/9/6/4 pdrs).

15 knts is the cap for Speed mods. You an stack them all you want but you will never go faster than 15 in any wind direction.

18 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

15 knts is the cap for Speed mods. You an stack them all you want but you will never go faster than 15 in any wind direction.

That's why i mentioned it with an example when you pointed out other Stats might have 20% cap aswell.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:03 PM, Comrade I Stalin said:

Not other stats, just thickness. Each stat has different cap, ie speed 15 kts, thickness 20%, etc. This could all change at any time btw.

We know it's thickness and HP so far.   Think we have some one doing a DPS build so will know about ROF soon.  There is really know way to tell on the pentration states

• 4 weeks later...

I read these forums from time to time and I see in here there is a 20% cap?  Where did that come from?  Never heard of it.  Sure would be nice to know that as you are setting up your ship.  I also noticed the author of the thread say you can only use one refit???  That can't be true because I have multiple on ships that have shown up as changes in the stats.  So what the heck is it?  How about some accurate info on this stuff.

15 hours ago, Kolakhan said:

I read these forums from time to time and I see in here there is a 20% cap?  Where did that come from?  Never heard of it.  Sure would be nice to know that as you are setting up your ship.  I also noticed the author of the thread say you can only use one refit???  That can't be true because I have multiple on ships that have shown up as changes in the stats.  So what the heck is it?  How about some accurate info on this stuff.

Hey there. How about you take it down a notch. If you are missing information, collect them and make a guide for it? 

And if you read again, I clearly stated that a ship can only have one refit. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Quineloe said:

So we ever figured out what Rheas Turn is?  It can't be yard turn speed, because if you look at Art of Rigging Handling, that already has a name:  Yard Turn Speed

Can't Confirm your statement. I reckon you mean the following:

Art of Ship Handling

Hide contents

Art of Ship Handling
SAIL | SAILING_CREW_REQUIRED | 7% *new*
NONE | SHIP_MAX_ROLL_ANGLE | -8% *gone*
NONE | SHIP_MAX_SPEED | 2% *nerfed* (-2%)
NONE | SHIP_TURNING_SPEED | 5%
NONE | RUDDER_HALFTURN_TIME | -10%

Found as recipe. Needs:
1x Notes on the Best Rudder Angles
1x Art of Proper Cargo Distribution

no such thing in sight as "yard turn speed". So imo it still stands for yard turning speed.

11 hours ago, Mamen said:

what about Trim by the Stern? Is it still only negatives?

according to the data, yes.

[{"Slot":"NONE","MappingIds":["RUDDER_HALFTURN_TIME"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":12},{"Slot":"NONE","MappingIds":["RHEA_TURN_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":-10}]

I could have interpreted the variables wrong when it comes to color-coding. But normaly you want a decrease in everything with TIME in the name and vice versa an increase in everything with SPEED in it (except a few exceptions).

2 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

A treatise on rigging handling

Just doublechecked.

"Modifiers":[{"Slot":"NONE","MappingIds":["SAIL_RISING_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10},{"Slot":"NONE","MappingIds":["RHEA_TURN_SPEED"],"Absolute":0,"Percentage":10}]

still the same modifiers as listed. Where did you get that info from?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Can we add the type of each "Refit"? As for example some "Rig" refits cannot be used on the same ship:
Bovenwinds won't allow usage of Cotton Sails, British Rig Refit, French Rig Refit - so all of them should be counted as "Rig" type. Although Pino Ocote Masts might work (haven't tested).

Edited by Darayavahus

• 4 weeks later...