Game-Labs Forum

Registration / Key / Installation / Activation Problems

Barberouge

I'm a former naval officer and have actually served on tall ships as a cadet. This game looks pretty awesome but I have a couple of questions that will impact my decision to pre-order:

1. Will the game retain my progress when it goes out of alpha? Beta?

2. I know the game needs to be purchased but are there in game purchases as well that will lead to pay to win scenarios?

Thanks!

The yacht is a very decent ship as well.  I assume (could be completely off) that non-pre orders will start with the lynx, whereas those of us who preorder can start with the yacht?  The 6 guns per broadside will be mighty welcome over the 4 of the lynx, however the 20 less crew will be an issue in boarding actions.

I don't think the dev's will do a pay-to-win.  They are trying to balance ships according to historical accuracy.  Bigger does not always mean better and the ships that are currently in the line up are superb for different roles.  I highly doubt any "pay-to-win" ship could be much better than the ships we have and the standard ships will definitely give them a run for their money, especially if captained with skill.  The ships we have also cover a broad range of unrated and rated ships so I don't see any pay-to-win ship being able to fill an exclusive role that can't be more than adequately filled by a standard ship.  The only way pay to win ships start appearing would be if the devs stop caring about their game and that isn't going to make them much money and would be a smear to their reputation.

1. Will the game retain my progress when it goes out of alpha? Beta?

Yes, wipes will happen since the game is currently in Alpha. Even if they don't - in the traditional sense - once open world hits we'll have to acquire new ships by trading, building, capturing etc. Having a Victory by the end of the Alpha will by no means allow you to immediately have one when open world hits.

Hello, I recently bought Ultimate General Gettysburg, then I saw this game: Naval Action. As a huge fan of these kind of games I wanted to immediately buy it, but I can't find it anywhere. Then I saw "Preorder" so I thought that it wasn't out yet, but I watched some old videos about Naval Action like 7 months ago etc.

Is the game out? If yes, where can I buy it? Thank you.

You can "pre-order" it.  Every week the people who pre-ordered the previous week get invited to the "Sea Trials Alpha Testing" and you can play the game, which right now is PVE or PVP Team Death Match style.  But in the next few months the devs have stated we will start testing the Open World part of the game.

Any idea of when it is gonna be released? And thanks for the very quick replies. :)

Nope, no idea. 

"by the way

Feature work on the Sea Trials will stop - only tuning of ship parameters will be done.

We will only work on the open world features."

http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/2526-patch-30-dec/

Sometime in 2015.  But if you pre-order you still get to play, just have to wait until the weekend when they release testing keys.  Again, the devs have stated that in the next couple of months we will start testing (playing) open world.  It's just right now your "progress" won't be saved for game release.

Up to you.  I've had far less fun and gotten far less usage with games I've spent as much on in the past.   :)

Agreed, same here, it's just that I don't know anything about this game except that I am a huge fan of the era and that I love ships and sea, I've read that the game has lots of cool systems and features, but yet I don't know anything about it. Also I'd just be able to play it once a week, and as I have a slow connection (500kb/s) it would be a pain to download a lot of GBs every week. If the price though will raise once the game is released I'll definitely buy it now, just need someone to convince me ahah. ;)

If those won't convince you, I don't think anything will:

In fact, just peruse this thread: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/614-naval-action-on-youtube/page-1

First of all, it looks technically a GREAT game, even if to me it seems just a cannon fight sim, after all I don't see how boarding could be tactically managed. I'd probably buy it but I have some questions:

1. Once you get a weekly version, can you pay it whenever you want or just that precise day?

2. Is it online?

3. What's the size of the game?

4. When is the open world version coming?

Thank you.

There's no "weekly version", there's an always on (minus an hour or two here and there to put up new versions of the game) server that you can play as often as you want/whenever you want.

Yes, it's online only.

Total initial download is 700mb I think, and then patches when the come seem to be about 150mb or so.

Soon.