Game-Labs Forum
Jameson BH

MAKE NAVAL ACTION FUN AGAIN - MNAFA

Can I go out and do just 1 enjoyable PvP battle without being retagged 7 million times afterwards even though I've escaped? 

No you can't, this game is " SUPER hardcore." So hardcore that even though you escaped you didn't, enjoy being tagged again and again.

Please tell me something is in the works to fix this.

Great mechanics though, just awesome. Really makes it worth my time logging on the game to look for PvP.  

15 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Can I go out and do just 1 enjoyable PvP battle without being retagged 7 million times afterwards even though I've escaped? 

No you can't, this game is " SUPER hardcore." So hardcore that even though you escaped you didn't, enjoy being tagged again and again.

Please tell me something is in the works to fix this.

Great mechanics though, just awesome. Really makes it worth my time logging on the game to look for PvP.  

That was the final straw that made me quit. Now that in thier infinite wisdom the team has decided we can no longer long off for work or sleep unless we want to lose a ship to revenge teleport gankers. Basically now whoever can stay on the longest wins every battle.

Months ago i was told that if i attack someone in ow i DESERVE to be killed by a revenge fleet and if i dont want to sacrifice a ship every time i want to log off i should quit. So i quit. I decided on Saturday to give the new format a chance but with a real short leash. Ill be damned if i waste 9 months again for a system that encourages revenge ganking.

Fingures are crossed but i have no faith it will be different. 

I'd like to suggest some ideas I originally put forward about a year ago.

I will adopt the currently en vogue "repeal and replace" mantra from the IRL US political scene, keeping in theme with "Make ____ Great Again" of the OP:

1. Remove all teleports (including "tow to port" or whatever teleports are currently called). If we currently have a teleport mechanic because another teleport mechanic can accidentally teleport you to the Pacific, how about just remove all teleports - job done, no bug fix required. This also fixes so many of the other problems facing the game right now (see below).

2. Replace teleports by allowing the hiring an NPC crew in any port to sail your ships through the open world to any valid destination of your choice (national port, free port, or any port via smuggler tag) for a fee.

Teleports are IMO the root cause of much of the woe in NA, whether its making privateering/real piracy impossible (because very few player cargoes transit the open world) or gankers teleporting away, port battle stacking with pre-positioned fleets, the aforementioned bug with random TP destinations, etc etc etc. ad naseum. There are so many knock-on effects from this, influencing the economy, the grind, the new player experience, everything. Please, just take the plunge and finally get rid of them once and for all, it will solve SO MANY of this game's ongoing problems.

If I remember correctly, I got a reply from Admin saying that pathfinding for NPC-crewed ships through the OW would be difficult, I don't know. But teleports are the problem - ships must transit the open world for this game to be worthwhile and to function as intended.

Edited by Sansón Carrasco

I hope they come up with some sort of fix, I will not get my hopes too high though. They always seem to screw PvP players in one way or the other.

It seems that they have tailored the game right now specifically for people who have [24 hours] to wait 90 minutes to revenge gank after every single battle and can spend hours on end running from revenge fleets. If not the game isn't for you. 

From -  You should not have to escape twice, almost everyone doesn't have all day to run.

To - You must die to a revenge after every battle if you want to play this game. Or if you are like the people we made the game for right now,  you have no plans during the day and can spend hours running. 

Please fix, Hopes are high but chances are low. :o

Sincerely, Open World PvP player.

9 minutes ago, Sansón Carrasco said:

I will adopt the currently en vogue "repeal and replace" mantra from the IRL US political scene, keeping in theme with "Make ____ Great Again" of the OP:

1. Remove all teleports (including "tow to port" or whatever teleports are currently called). If we currently have a teleport mechanic because another teleport mechanic can accidentally teleport you to the Pacific, how about just remove all teleports - job done, no bug fix required. This also fixes so many of the other problems facing the game right now (see below).

2. Replace teleports by allowing the hiring an NPC crew in any port to sail your ships through the open world to any valid destination of your choice (national port, free port, or any port via smuggler tag) for a fee.

Teleports are IMO the root cause of much of the woe in NA, whether its making privateering/real piracy impossible (because very few player cargoes transit the open world) or gankers teleporting away, port battle stacking with pre-positioned fleets, the aforementioned bug with random TP destinations, etc etc etc. ad naseum. There are so many knock-on effects from this, influencing the economy, the grind, the new player experience, everything. Please, just take the plunge and finally get rid of them once and for all, it will solve SO MANY of this game's ongoing problems.

If I remember correctly, I got a reply from Admin saying that pathfinding for NPC-crewed ships through the OW would be difficult, I don't know. But teleports are the problem - ships must transit the open world for this game to be worthwhile and to function as intended.

At one time I was against npc drones sailing player ships for a fee BUT if it means no teleport i would be ok with it as long as the voyage took real time to finish and if those npc ships can be attacked like any other.

Just now, Mrdoomed said:

At one time I was against npc drones sailing player ships for a fee BUT if it means no teleport i would be ok with it as long as the voyage took real time to finish and if those npc ships can be attacked like any other.

Yes, all ships in the game must sail through the open world, all the time. In real time. Exposed, yes, to real risk.

8 hours ago, Sansón Carrasco said:

Yes, all ships in the game must sail through the open world, all the time. In real time. Exposed, yes, to real risk.

This^

And, regarding the repeated tagging thing, I agree. The taggers should be punished for their inability to seal the deal. If the taggee is able to get away he/she should be rewarded with a head start or progressively longer timers for every failed tag after the first attempted tag.

8 hours ago, Sansón Carrasco said:

the only issue I have with removal of the teleport is for new players and players that get stuck.  I think that's why the devs want it.  is so that you have a way out of being stuck or lost.  now I agree it should not be there, ships just should not be able to teleport.  HOWEVER, I do enjoy the outpost to outpost of you nation teleport.  I think that is needed.

10 hours ago, Mrdoomed said:

Wait... I thought pvp was about fighting other players.. What you are saying is that you don't mind fighting npc, if another player lose something from it?

That's interesting...

On 6/2/2017 at 11:40 AM, admin said:
  • In July we had biggest spike due to PVE/PVP treasure chests events - which for some reason many players asked to remove (big mistake)
  • End of October - we catered to solo pvpers again and started closing battles instantly (after that online fell even further as people could not help friends anymore)
  • December - huge feature - land in port battles (catering to conquest players) - no effect at all. 

July brought much more than just treasure chests.

I think it was the other bits that caused the spike. The treasure chests, while not bad to keep right now, did not serve their original intent: invoke PvP.

By December news of the wipe was in full effect. A lot of players do not approach this as an alpha test, but rather as a chance to play early. So it was close to impossible to bring about big enough crew sizes to actually play ("gonna be wiped anyway").

Maybe Anne should/could do more polls to get a feel of what the players like and dislike.
I personally like the land in PBs, and would hate to have come back and just seen the towers again.

It's also very hard to judge the general feeling of a single patch as much is combined and thus it rocks the boat back and forth.

The single biggest problem with treasure chests is they spawn in a single area that is too specific, they need to spawn in three areas and be much more vague as usually the population sees its too far and simply dont bother.

"Building a first rate will take a month or more and will require national level of effort."

By admin.

Is this still a goal? because we're currently at: a somewhat organized clan can crap out two or three first rates a day.

1 minute ago, Quineloe said:

"Building a first rate will take a month or more and will require national level of effort."

By admin.

Is this still a goal? because we're currently at: a somewhat organized clan can crap out two or three first rates a day.

Was going that way but... individuals of a nation not caring about nations spoke their words :)

Individual gameplay wins over Nation until we, players, think of a superb suggestion to make the bridge

33 minutes ago, Quineloe said:

By admin.

And now the ADMIN is going away from that and making first rates a dime a dozen.  And then we have the whole issue of even I an individual can build a 1st rate if I really wanted to at the rate of 1 every 10 days.