Game-Labs Forum

Apparently someone didn't read anything on Pirates, because now players can't capture NPC ships, which is a HORRIBLE idea. If Pirates can't capture ALL ships, what's the point of being a Pirate? Might as well just re-roll a Nation, since we're being treated that way anyway.

Apparently they didn't do the math on the ability to find a viable target player to capture ships from.

Sure, veteran players get their XP bonus. But then have to grind endlessly to get gold enough to simply afford cannons.
There are Zero repairs  consumables on the Market. People can't make them yet, because they're endlessly grinding, trying to get enough gold to afford cannons, and an Outpost.
Everything you can buy from NPCs is expensive, and everything is a grind. It should not take 45 min. to an hour to get 2300 gold and 70XP.  People will just log out after they figure out all of these things. Especially when they cap an NPC after 45 min. only to get ZERO cargo from it. Which is a waste of an entire hour when you consider having to sail back to port to repair/recrew.

I stopped playing this game for a year because they started making it like Pirates of the Burning Sea. This last huge patch took all of that BS out of the game, which is fine, Kudos for that.
However, Pirates NEED to be able to Capture NPC ships and at least break them down or sell them.

To me, that's a massive mistake. It's basically pooping on the entire Pirate community's head. All of these things together really feel like they DON'T want us to play this game.

I'm not asking for it to be too easy. I'm not saying we should be able to get rich from ONE Trader ship, and I'm not saying we should be able to have a Fleet of ships with us by ganking every NPC ship in the ocean.  However, there needs to be some middle ground.
Right now, this game just isn't worth playing. Like the reviews on Steam, I have to agree, this game is far too much like a Job, or Work. If I wanted to come home from my job and work for another 8 hours and get very little, I'd have a 2nd job... Or I could just go bum change from people on the corner of the Metro station... in fact, I'd probably be more productive doing that.

The GAME itself, the ship combat, is pretty solid, everything else though, they need to fix or this community simply won't grow, or stay.

• Like 1

Also, I'm sure all or much of this has already been said.
Maybe if we all say it enough they'll DO something about it. Or they won't and then no one will play it, or at least not enough to govern any more production of the game.

Edited by Sarversauce

3 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

You know that no one can capture these ships right? 

Pirates are in a resource rich area, it could be worse, you could be dutch or swedish. 

The devs are also working on pirate raids. 

My only issue right now is I still don't think it's fair the other 7 Nations (Pirates is a Nation too as long as we are part of RvR) get 8 ships in there shop and pirates get one 5th rate. I'm fine if it was a few ships not just one ship.  They should of gave usp the Rattler (H Rattler would been better), Niagara and maybe Ingermanland in our shop.  Other nations can still capture them or trader for the BP's or permits, but give us something so we are lke the masters of the 5th rates and below and the other nations are the master of the 4th and above.

That and of course the issue you should still get combat xp even if you capture a ship.  XP should be based off damage so you get it no matter if you get a kill or assist.  That way even the loosers of a fight gets xp for what he done.

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

My only issue right now is I still don't think it's fair the other 7 Nations (Pirates is a Nation too as long as we are part of RvR) get 8 ships in there shop and pirates get one 5th rate. I'm fine if it was a few ships not just one ship.  They should of gave usp the Rattler (H Rattler would been better), Niagara and maybe Ingermanland in our shop.  Other nations can still capture them or trader for the BP's or permits, but give us something so we are lke the masters of the 5th rates and below and the other nations are the master of the 4th and above.

That and of course the issue you should still get combat xp even if you capture a ship.  XP should be based off damage so you get it no matter if you get a kill or assist.  That way even the loosers of a fight gets xp for what he done.

I agree with all that actually. I dont know why you dont have everything up to the 4th rates. 

He does have a point though. They removed the ability to capture NPC ships to prevent people from getting too rich too quickly grinding the hopeless AI, and because they want every aspect of the game to be 100% player-driven. Unfortunately there simply isn't enough people playing to make it work. Numbers went up after wipe, but they are still only 10% of what they were a year ago. Everything is scarce and expensive, and everything feels like too much hard work for too little gain.

Give us back the ability to capture at least trade ships (LGV and Indy included) and make them worth our while to pursue.