Game-Labs Forum
EliteDelta

Framing and Planking Characteristics Sheet

Last update 3/4/2018 - Crew resistance bonuses added.

Hey all, I recently created this spreadsheet to help me figure out useful framing and planking combinations for ship crafting. I'm sure someone else will also find it useful. 

It allows for mixing and matching different woods for the frame and planking, as well as comparing two different builds.

Please let me know if you find any mistakes, or have any suggestions for things I should add. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hfF3vMSeVFMJVX392y6guaGFVKh404vx7qaKYlcGywI/edit#gid=1282085938

Data obtained from here:

Please don't try to sabotage the sheet. I can't protect the dropdown menu cells, so don't ruin it for everyone else. 

EDIT: Added data source

EDIT: Speed Update - http://imgur.com/Siq9RRa

Edited by EliteDelta
  • Like 24

Thank you for the nice and very helpful work.

One little remark, there is 2 entries for crew resistance, if i make no errors one should be crew HP ( % of additional crew) an the other crew damage resistance  , also missing the grog moral bonus or malus i think, if i make no errors and if things have not changed.

But thank you, already helps a lot as it is.

Edited by Kanay

Hi, i can't put my hands on it right now but if i make no errors ( might have changed or maybe i'm just wrong ) building with crew space lowers the morale like hammocks do no ? Might be interesting to get this data on sheet to, again if i make no errors.

Thank you.

I'm really surprise some one hasn't made a ship build tool where you can put in the cannons and mods and compare builds between ships before you do them in game.

On ‎8‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I'm really surprise some one hasn't made a ship build tool where you can put in the cannons and mods and compare builds between ships before you do them in game.

you ask nicely...

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 7:30 AM, Sir Texas Sir said:

On 10/10/2017 at 4:39 AM, Custard said:

Make us a tool Norf .......... please..................

On 10/10/2017 at 9:40 AM, AglyBeard said:

Pretty please?????

Done for Ship Speeds. Doing one for all characteristics would be a pain, but maybe someday. - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cyEvndWzhCgo6UQZwIbtjoyZncimnLHf4TujtfSw3m8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by EliteDelta
  • Like 4

47 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Done for Ship Speeds. Doing one for all characteristics would be a pain, but maybe someday. - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cyEvndWzhCgo6UQZwIbtjoyZncimnLHf4TujtfSw3m8/edit?usp=sharing

Awww cool.  I know it's some great hard work and you can expand it more later, but I wouldn't mind having turn rates added and the mods that effect it for now.   Than later maybe we can get the HP/ARMOR stats added.  Pretty much what I was thinking of though I was more speaking of all stats listed for a build.  

Though for not this rocks for figuring out base speed caps from building ships without building them in game.

Thanks

This is awesome work, like was already said if you could build on this furthermore and add armor, thickness, turn rates, reload, all mods and books it would be beyond amazing.

Great Work!

Updated with the hotfix changes today.

Framing:

Live oak thickness increased from 10% to 14%
Live oak armour increased from 2.5% to 7.5%
Caguarian armour increased from 3% to 8%

Live oak mast thickness increase of 5% added
Caguarian mast thickness increase of 5% added

Planking:

No changes

• Like 3

Updated with the crew resistance bonuses for oak and sabicu (10% and 5%)

Also fixed LO thickness bonus (15% instead of 14%)

• Like 2