Game-Labs Forum

Redeemable Ships Question

Stardog765

Question

I have owned the game since it came out in Early Access but have been waiting to really get into it until now so I have a few questions that I cannot seem to find a definitive answer to.

When I log in and create a character on the PvE server I see I have redeemable ships such as the trade ship and Surprise etc.  If I redeem lets say the trader ship does that mean I will never have that ship available again? or if I were to delete that character and create a new one would that ship then be redeemable again to my char on the PvE server?  

Also if I redeem that ship on the PvE server does that mean it will not be available to a character I plan to create on the PvP server?

Thank you for the help just a little confused by how the redeemable ships work and don't want to screw myself before I even get started.

2 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

If I redeem lets say the trader ship does that mean I will never have that ship available again?

You will still be able to craft the Trader brig later.

30 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

if I were to delete that character and create a new one would that ship then be redeemable again to my char on the PvE server?

If you redeem the ship you can never redeem it again on the same server. If you later delete your character you will have to ask someone to hold onto it for you and give it back after. 

If you did not redeem the ship before deleting your character, you will still have the redeemable on the new character you create (I just tested this).

32 minutes ago, Stardog765 said:

Also if I redeem that ship on the PvE server does that mean it will not be available to a character I plan to create on the PvP server?

You can redeem it both on the PvE and both of the PvP-servers. Servers are no longer synchronised, so anything you do on one server is not reflected on the others.

• Like 1