Game-Labs Forum

UGCW Feedback v0.80

15 minutes ago, Kloiste said:

I literally could not buy any more guns guns as the shop ran out of Springfield 1842, Rebored farmers, and 1855s/Pattern Enfields, and anything else was too expensive

This is a known issue that will be adressed with next patch. 

Also you can send brigades from north to south and vice versa by placing them on the adequate border. As the new phase triggers you'll see them spawning on the border.

37 minutes ago, Col_Kelly said:

This is a known issue that will be adressed with next patch. 

Also you can send brigades from north to south and vice versa by placing them on the adequate border. As the new phase triggers you'll see them spawning on the border.

That's actually really cool to know. Is that an exploit or working as intended? I'm going to use either way as I had a lot of units just sitting there doing nothing but just curious.

wow you don't use much arty.. I use a lot more than what you do, really have about 1 arty brigade for 2 infantry brigade, it gives them a lot more punch and staying power to always be back by an arty nearby.

2 minutes ago, Kloiste said:

That's actually really cool to know. Is that an exploit or working as intended? I'm going to use either way as I had a lot of units just sitting there doing nothing but just curious.

It's technically an exploit because your units will go back in time so to speak (since the battle starts at the same time in the north and in the south) but it's not the worst one. In a way it's a workaround to counter the fact that the map is cut in two.

7 minutes ago, veji1 said:

wow you don't use much arty.. I use a lot more than what you do, really have about 1 arty brigade for 2 infantry brigade, it gives them a lot more punch and staying power to always be back by an arty nearby.

I actually have a lot of artillery (around 20 batteries), pretty close to your 1:2 ratio, they are just in small 8 gun units because of diminishing returns with more guns in a unit. Any higher and you run out of ammo too fast imo. That and the only artillery pieces I actually consider using are the 24 hwtz and 10 ord. You simply do not have enough artillery pieces to get more - I pretty much already emptied the shop. Everything else I consider not as good, although the 12 nap is okay. Usual division I run is 4 infantry 2 artillery (1 10 ord, 1 24 hwtz) with 3 of these per corp - the a flex division with 4 infantry and 2 wild cards (usually either 1 carbine cav and 1 extra artillery or 2 melee cav depending on the battle)

Infantry is the core unit I will be using regardless, they are much more versatile and can operate independently.

Of course infantry is the core unit but I do find that Arty is actually quite useful in more ways : Nappys are really solid close range weapons, ie perfect to accompany infantry when you don't have enough 24s, which is always the case. And I find a few long distance batteries useful too for some counterbattery fire at least in the earlier to middle part of the game.

Just a quick clarification question to the beta testers or developers as I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, in the latest game update - did they raise the limit of AI brigades from 2950? I'm asking because I'm going through some old saves and I saw something like this.

Ultimate+General+Civil+War_2017-06-02_20-28-52.jpeg

• Like 1

On 6/1/2017 at 0:23 AM, vren55 said:

I actually managed to preserve Johnston throughout my entire confederate campaign... Issue is I probably can't finish my confed campaign now. Washington too damn difficult

No kidding? Ol' Albert survived in mine, too. I promoted him to Corps general, where he served the rest of the war as leader of the second best corps in my army. I always have a soft spot for officers I actually admire in real life :P

"Sir, we can take the objective if the 2nd Texas charges those fortifications!"

"But... but JEB Stuart leads the 2nd Texas... He's a super cool guy.... you know, The Last Cavalier and all that... I wouldn't want him getting hurt..."

"Sir, we can't win unless the 2nd Texas charges."

"Hm.... you know what, let's just start over again! Back to 1st Manassas again, everybody!!"

*facepalm*

• Like 2

I'm just amused to see that 20pdr Parrotts are still garbage.

@Kloiste If you run out of 24pdrs and 10pdr Ordnance, try 10pdr Tredegar and 10pdr Parrott. I've seen mixed reports but personally I would consider the latter two more or less comparable with Ordnance.

Edited by Hitorishizuka

On 6/2/2017 at 8:30 AM, Kloiste said:

Just a quick clarification question to the beta testers or developers as I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, in the latest game update - did they raise the limit of AI brigades from 2950? I'm asking because I'm going through some old saves and I saw something like this.

Ultimate+General+Civil+War_2017-06-02_20-28-52.jpeg

I encountered a 3000+ man CSA brigade at Gaines Mill and 2nd manassas.

There is something I would like to bring up... something so unimportant and trivial I hesitate to even mention it... Here goes...

The player's general's full name appears in the Corps general, instead of just their last name. The only way to remedy this is to only type your last name when you start the campaign, but then you only see your general's last name in the campaign menu, when every other general has their whole name

Again, this is ridiculous and unimportant, but my OCD drags it to my attention. Perhaps you could either 

A: have the game recognize the space between the names and act accordingly, or

B: have separate spaces for the player to fill in their first and last name.

I hope that made sense.

On 6/3/2017 at 9:16 PM, Albert Sidney Johnston said:

There is something I would like to bring up... something so unimportant and trivial I hesitate to even mention it... Here goes...

The player's general's full name appears in the Corps general, instead of just their last name. The only way to remedy this is to only type your last name when you start the campaign, but then you only see your general's last name in the campaign menu, when every other general has their whole name

Again, this is ridiculous and unimportant, but my OCD drags it to my attention. Perhaps you could either 

A: have the game recognize the space between the names and act accordingly, or

B: have separate spaces for the player to fill in their first and last name.

I hope that made sense.

Also, first corps is alwasy named First Corps, whereas others are II, III, IV and V...