Game-Labs Forum
Duncan McFail

Global or European

Global or EU  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Global or EU

2. 2. What nation on Global?

3. 3. What nation on EU?

Also added some sheet links if you wanted to register your clan or your self to a server. Also nice to find clans if you don't have one or check balance if you're thinking of swapping nations.

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Didn't vote.

Do we really need another stupid thread like this? Just a few more days till the wipe. Let the numbers speak for themselves then. We won't get anything out of polling or discussing this in the forum. Most players aren't on the forums. And moreover the forum is mainly used by players who have an advanced or native level of English and are not at all representative of the general population in this matter.

I for one hope that both servers will be well populated.

It's not like the servers will be shutting down outside of RvR-windows. A lot of players log into the game to do short trade-runs in the morning before they go to work. And RvR is only a part of what this game contains.

lol don't know if we "need" another stupid thread. In regards to the polls and forum playerbase I concede the point but the logical step from that pov would be to ask what value any feedback from the forum has since it's not representative of the general populace. As it is the devs has deemed the forums viable and valuable and therefore we must content with threads that has less than scientific value.. I don't really care where others go as it's the server setup that decides it for me, but seen as there's multiple threads covering this subject, none with a poll (other than the dutch that is) I thought I'd help the community out seen as we are all so interested in where the others are going.

• Like 1

From Euro PvP 1 to Global.

Mostly coz I want a game with Global mechanics than one that is restricted to those within 30degrees Longitude.

I will end up I suppose wherever viable gameplay is

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Duncan McFail said:

Also added some sheet links if you wanted to register your clan or your self to a server. Also nice to find clans if you don't have one or check balance if you're thinking of swapping nations.

If you are doing that it might be worth going ahead and listing these clans for Global: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IRtjy3zVe3aboAUBz8ym-tv6XIftXqPh90c6bK6vM1U/edit#gid=0

that spreadsheet is rather old data, probably not good to base the numbers off them now

EDIT: I tried giving a better accurate count for the 4 french clans.

I haven't heard from Elric in a long time, a couple BORK are tired of waiting and may not come back for a bit, PURGE is coming back in full force but a number of them will be on vacation and not playing when the patch hits and OMG is also tired of waiting and may not play for a bit.

Overall our outlook is still positive, I personally will like to play but my enthusiasm to play is pretty much destroyed until the patch comes. I really can't give any accurate numbers anymore as the wait has been too long and I can't represent players who haven't spoken up who will be playing.

Edited by Teutonic

55 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

that spreadsheet is rather old data, probably not good to base the numbers off them now

EDIT: I tried giving a better accurate count for the 4 french clans.

I haven't heard from Elric in a long time, a couple BORK are tired of waiting and may not come back for a bit, PURGE is coming back in full force but a number of them will be on vacation and not playing when the patch hits and OMG is also tired of waiting and may not play for a bit.

Overall our outlook is still positive, I personally will like to play but my enthusiasm to play is pretty much destroyed until the patch comes. I really can't give any accurate numbers anymore as the wait has been too long and I can't represent players who haven't spoken up who will be playing.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure Elric will be back. He's one of the most dedicated guys I've seen. My enthusiasm is about the same. I'm hoping this patch isn't as bad as testbed is. Even if it is they'll be working to fix it soon after. We just need the wipe to happen so that player base will come back.

EU, couldn't care less about having a larger pop when it isn't online when I am anyways, and want to have real RvR instead of flips and phoney wars.

3 minutes ago, Aegir said:

EU, couldn't care less about having a larger pop when it isn't online when I am anyways, and want to have real RvR instead of flips and phoney wars.

noone knows how the population will be distributed.

many forum members seem to go to global server though.

PvP2 to Global I THINK we're staying pirate.

i see that we are indeed staying pirate according to the ss

Edited by Ser_Slack
i can click links and read

39 minutes ago, rediii said:

noone knows how the population will be distributed.

many forum members seem to go to global server though.

Well sure, but that's also why a flat poll result is a bit of a silly gauge (yet still we persist on doing them). Couldn't care less about the global votes if most of them are by US and Aussie players since our coinciding playtime is ~10%, making our interactions mostly indirect economics. Especially now that the merger and exodus has made the EU playerbase on there significantly smaller.

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

• Like 2

Two Servers (and a PVE Server) are too much for the actual playerbase. and im quite sure that a lot of of the EU Players will move after a few weeks from Global to EU.

Not easy to find a good solution for all Players worldwide.

1 hour ago, Aegir said:

Couldn't care less about the global votes if most of them are by US and Aussie players since our coinciding playtime is ~10%, making our interactions mostly indirect economics

East coast US players interacted frequently with EU players of PVP1, not just through economics. In GB we had about 50% US players in some of our EU prime time port battles.  If this wasn't the case, then the 'dayflip' response to nightflips wouldn't have been a thing.

51 minutes ago, snowy2 said:

East coast US players interacted frequently with EU players of PVP1, not just through economics. In GB we had about 50% US players in some of our EU prime time port battles.  If this wasn't the case, then the 'dayflip' response to nightflips wouldn't have been a thing.

that wasnt eu prime time portbattles you are talking about. ;) 

sorry i have to:

NA global server used meeting to balance all nations.

It wasn't effective.

Unbenannt.PNG

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

that wasnt eu prime time portbattles you are talking about. ;)

Yes, they were, right in the middle of EU prime time.  Especially back when KIN was active,

1 minute ago, snowy2 said:

Yes, they were, right in the middle of EU prime time.  Especially back when KIN was active,

KIN was months ago, right? Never saw them in my playtime.

Didn't know that you talk about a time that long ago then, sorry :) . But in that time there were still port timers, or not?

6 minutes ago, rediii said:

NA global server used meeting to balance all nations.

It wasn't effective.

Unbenannt.PNG

You're absolutely correct Rediii. I think the person who called the meeting had that intention. It turned into complaining about the game and so much more. This was based on the sheet from that meeting that has minor updates to it. I was disappointing to see this many clans wanting to go Brit and US. My hope here is there will be some good clans that don't want to go with the flow will swap over to some small nations. Maybe a decent amount of guys from EU server that want to play both servers can help out with this too. Again, most of these pop numbers are outdated. All it takes is one decent size clan to split off from a major nation and go to a smaller nation to make it a force to be reckoned with. Still plenty of time and only a few people have updated this sheet.

PS-Thanks to whomever put the nation totals at the bottom. I was thinking of doing it, got distracted, and it was done when I came back.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Duncan McFail said:

You're absolutely correct Rediii. I think the person who called the meeting had that intention. It turned into complaining about the game and so much more. This was based on the sheet from that meeting that has minor updates to it. I was disappointing to see this many clans wanting to go Brit and US. My hope here is there will be some good clans that don't want to go with the flow will swap over to some small nations. Maybe a decent amount of guys from EU server that want to play both servers can help out with this too. Again, most of these pop numbers are outdated. All it takes is one decent size clan to split off from a major nation and go to a smaller nation to make it a force to be reckoned with. Still plenty of time and only a few people have updated this sheet.

PS-Thanks to whomever put the nation totals at the bottom. I was thinking of doing it, got distracted, and it was done when I came back.

No problem. :) 

well let's see how it will turn out. In my oppinion you can't balance these nations anyway. this will happen with (hopefully temporary) alliances and distance to capital.

3 minutes ago, rediii said:

No problem. :) 

well let's see how it will turn out. In my oppinion you can't balance these nations anyway. this will happen with (hopefully temporary) alliances and distance to capital.

Currently there's nothing listed in the EU registration. Something tells me if there was and we added them with Global pop it would be a lot more balanced. I know there's time zone problems, but a good alliance system could help that. If pirates could be in alliance we could definitely even some odds. Would be nice to see a lot of EU players give global a chance. 

Just now, Duncan McFail said:

Currently there's nothing listed in the EU registration. Something tells me if there was and we added them with Global pop it would be a lot more balanced. I know there's time zone problems, but a good alliance system could help that. If pirates could be in alliance we could definitely even some odds. Would be nice to see a lot of EU players give global a chance. 

will not happen again, we made our experiences already

If the eu clans come back to global it will be the same like before which everyone of us hated to a point where quitting NA was a good solution

Would be very useful if the poll showed which nation rather just numbers. I am more interested in the balance of nations than absolute numbers. For instance if Global has highest numbers but mostly US and pirate whereas EU has lower number but more reasonable numbers in each nation I will go EU.

9 minutes ago, SeamanStaines said:

Would be very useful if the poll showed which nation rather just numbers. I am more interested in the balance of nations than absolute numbers. For instance if Global has highest numbers but mostly US and pirate whereas EU has lower number but more reasonable numbers in each nation I will go EU.

That could be done. I'm definitely bored enough.

And done.

Edited by Duncan McFail
  • Like 1