Game-Labs Forum
admin

Hotfix 9 for testbed patch 9.99

43 minutes ago, Remus said:

Totally agree and I reckon the distance is too close. It's boarding distance, right? But at the end of a battle I don't need to grapple - I could send a boat over.

Yah but since I'm in a basic cutter and we are fighting bigger ships.  Navy Brig, Rattler, Mercury's I'm keeping my distance and just doing enough damage to get an assist and not et sunk, but by time it starts to sink I have to rush over and try to get the cargo.  Some times it just sinks way to fast.  Figure I'll unlock it while I'm being board, but that is even if I can get any of these drops in shallows.  I'm trying to hunt around the brits waters since I get free repairs with the basic cutter.

2 minutes ago, Atreides said:

I took the loot of an Bellona I was fighting in my Trinc by stern camping and raking to destroy guns and men, get the enemy ship crew  less than yours and it wont pull you to board.  Late in the battle repair your armour and then stay on the enemy ship's side with the fewest guns, match seed and pound it till it sinks, manual sail and depower so that when it finally sinks you can full reverse sail to stop and immediately loot the wreck.  This tactic has worked for me about 80% of the time.

Miss my Essex but I am going to just concentrate on fighting until wipe on live servers lands.

A little hard when your in a basic cutter, every thing has more crew than you, specialy after that first broad side drops yo to 30 something crew.

4 minutes ago, Eléazar de Damas said:

I found my manhours count to 1000 this evening. I'm XPcraft 50, it should have been to more...

Is 1000 craft hours the new limit, whatever the craft level ?

I'm currently 1120 at level 50. 1000 is the level 0 limit.

It increases at 42 per hour, more or less (I haven't done a proper check this patch, but it clearly hasn't changed much if at all).

Midshipman Missions looks a bit over the Top, if he sails alone as a new player and and get mixed up with 2 Enemys.Like Privateers and Cutters or Pickles.

1 minute ago, Remus said:

I'm currently 1120 at level 50. 1000 is the level 0 limit.

It increases at 42 per hour, more or less (I haven't done a proper check this patch, but it clearly hasn't changed much if at all).

Thanks! I probably used my MH just 23 hours and 49 min after having logged in after the last wipe...

2 hours ago, Remus said:

My question is, do refit BPs drop from ships of the nation associated with the refit? This makes sense in one way, but then makes it next to impossible for British players, for instance, to get hold of Brititsh refit blueprints, which seems a little daft. @Tiedemann.'s Crooked Hull he posted earlier is a British refit but Tiedmann's a Dane; I don't know what ship it dropped from.

We where in a Spanish region and looking for spanish fleets outside Ponce . The issue is that we got bored some times, so we attacked at least two British fleets while waiting for reports on spanish fleets in the region. So I can't really say for sure, but it dropped for two of us. So I'm sure it dropped from a spanish fleet at least once.

So I'm confident it is random drop as usual. I remember that I got the Copper plating Permanent upgrade from a British ship. I also got expert carpenter (5%) and rum rations (10% reload), but they would not stick to the upgrade slot on any of my ships. So suspect it' was just old stuff resurfacing.. Then I accidentally tried the copper plating on the Victory perm slots after all the others refused to stay put, and that one stuck! 6% speed bonus on a Vic.. 

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A little hard when your in a basic cutter, every thing has more crew than you, specialy after that first broad side drops yo to 30 something crew.

Started my alt account and only redeemed money, did the same tactic against a lone Spanish brig I found in OW.   Was pretty dicey for awhile and took 45 minutes but won the battle and got an Old Flag Officer and some rig repairs out of it.  Had to sail back in to buy crew.  Just starting out for new players is going to be brutal, evenworse than it was for us in the past IMHO. 

Edited by Atreides

I'm still seeing AI ships sail through sandbars and sometimes full islands. Reporting them as often as I see them.

Overall, the new way bots move around the world is really good (other than going in the sandbars). It looks a lot more organic, nice work. =)