Game-Labs Forum
Aventador

Why Make a Separate Game?

Rickard    310
On 9-6-2017 at 7:41 PM, Chustler said:

I think many of you are missing the fact that the arena type game is going to have a much broader appeal to a wider audience, and may actually serve to get many new people into the open world once they realize how great the combat in this game is.  It may end up being way better for everyone all round.

lets hope so

I am and original owner of the game back in 12/6/2014 and Naval Action Sea Trials never should have been removed from the main game. NA Sea Trials is why I played the game. Naval Action: The Age of Sail was just a beautiful game and many streaming youtubers were on quite a bit it was NA Sea Trails that interested them and myself. We tested the first Ships in battle and Sailed on Calm and Stormy Seas. You worked your way up by grinding experience and obtain the next Ship. As in World of Warships your Ship may be sunk in a 25 vs 25 sea battle but it would still be available to you when the battle was complete. Naval Action: The Age of Sail and Naval Action Legends should be combined in the same game package and you have the choice to play OW or ST Legends.

admin    28,126
Just now, Captain Reckless said:

I am and original owner of the game back in 12/6/2014 and Naval Action Sea Trials never should have been removed from the main game. NA Sea Trials is why I played the game. Naval Action: The Age of Sail was just a beautiful game and many streaming youtubers were on quite a bit it was NA Sea Trails that interested them and myself. We tested the first Ships in battle and Sailed on Calm and Stormy Seas. You worked your way up by grinding experience and obtain the next Ship. As in World of Warships your Ship may be sunk in a 25 vs 25 sea battle but it would still be available to you when the battle was complete. Naval Action: The Age of Sail and Naval Action Legends should be combined in the same game package and you have the choice to play OW or ST Legends.

They are separate games with separate mechanics, separate leveling, different payment models, and most importantly separate audiences. 

Mrgoldstein    114
22 minutes ago, admin said:

They are separate games with separate mechanics, separate leveling, different payment models, and most importantly separate audiences. 

But they audiences will overlap, and youll end up with 2 games with almost 0 players...it should just be added to regular na..

admin    28,126
10 minutes ago, Mrgoldstein said:

But they audiences will overlap, and youll end up with 2 games with almost 0 players...it should just be added to regular na..

Data/ratings/reviews show that there is a significant group who DO NOT enjoy ganking, uneven battles, crafting, trading, ow sailing, vast worlds. They currently are forced to play using mechanics they don't want resulting in them leaving unhappy. They do not overlap. Those who enjoy hunting, trading, exploring won't like the changes needed to keep the group mentioned above in the game. 

Skully    1,025
1 hour ago, Mrgoldstein said:

NA OW must be balanced asymmetrically, while NA Legends must be balanced symmetrically. The two are diametrically opposed.

jodgi    2,331
4 hours ago, Skully said:

NA OW must be balanced asymmetrically, while NA Legends must be balanced symmetrically. The two are diametrically opposed.

Explain in more detail, please?

Skully    1,025
1 hour ago, jodgi said:

Explain in more detail, please?

Legends is all about pure combat skill, 25x25 (and similar formats). In Legends the premise is that you start battle on equal terms.

In Open World you need to seek out battles to fight on favorable terms. Or putting it differently, in OW you seek the unfair advantage.

But to balance OW every tactic needs an Achilles heel, not simply a counterpart.