Game-Labs Forum
Anolytic

Why "Naval Action Legends"?

Sea Trials sounds a bit more elegant to me, although I can see the whole point in the Legends. Btw, I am pretty sure this new game will hit the NA population hard. So, take your time until we are more or less done with NA  :)

29 minutes ago, admin said:

Basically the name is not final and NA legends sounds good enough.
We did not like arena indeed. Arena is such not an age of sail name. 

But Naval Action Sea Trials is not bad too.  

What about "Action Stations !" ? Not that bad and historically accurate

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

There are E100 drivers guarding arti in WoT still. Some people you can't help.

And don't tell me from the behind the arty?  It all ways drove me nuts when some idiot in a heavy would sit be hind me fire to get spotted and draw all the action to him and in most cases get me completely killed way to early.   YOur suppose to be in front of me stopping them from ever finding me.

Back to the OP I like "Naval Action: Sea Trials"  or even, "Naval Action: Battles."  To keep it simple but related to the main game.

Ok have to add this....."Naval Action: Battle Royale"

And make one of the game modes not just team vs team, but do it like the Pirate FFA.  Last man standing....in other words A Battle Royale.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And don't tell me from the behind the arty?

Caught this one in the wild, perfect specimen too, butt to the red line and everything:

ee1be15a2b799c7db64fa1a1080d93fc.jpg

Naval Action - HOLD FAST

A storm (camera zooms in on a sailors) you can see hold fast tattooed on his knuckles (camera zooms in even more) a victory seems to smash to the PC screen fires a full broadside on l'ocean which is returning fire - a mast comes down you can hear a boarding action as the camera zooms out.

Naval Action - Hold Fast the new age of sail arena game. Where wooden dreams came true...

Honestly I don't know what's wrong with "Naval Action".  That didn't deter me from buying the game.  Sounds fine as is.

10 hours ago, admin said:

This pleases me to hear. 

Although after reading other people's interpretation of the "Legends" bit, that name is growing on me slightly. But I'm still all for "Naval Action Sea Trials".

"Arena" definitely doesn't work.

7 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

"Naval Action: Battle Royale"

I like it.

5 hours ago, z4ys said:

Naval Action - HOLD FAST

Becomes too much like: http://www.holdfastgame.com/

2 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

Honestly I don't know what's wrong with "Naval Action".  That didn't deter me from buying the game.  Sounds fine as is.

We're talking about a different game. This is about naming the Arena game that is developed in parallel to satisfy those who want instant action and no OW.

11 hours ago, admin said:

call it what it is. world of tall ships

just remember if you going to make that game to be sure that the UI is supreme. that's all that the world of tanks and warships has. is UI. rest is just arcade combat. seems to make them plenty of money

P.S the people who play those types games don't give 2 craps about realism. they want instant action that is fast paced. They want a 30 min commitment at the most. they want to play a round and walk off. so u will need to speed up the rate of combat by about 2x from legacy naval action.

Edited by King of Crowns

Still like "Naval Action: Hold Fast" like proposed. With an epic trailer you'll catch some attention for sure.

10 hours ago, Anolytic said:

We're talking about a different game. This is about naming the Arena game that is developed in parallel to satisfy those who want instant action and no OW.

I see.  I must've missed that announcement, I had no idea there was another game, never saw anything about it.  Sorry for the confusion.

21 hours ago, admin said:

Naval Action: Renown

'Legends' brings up all sorts of associations with crappy micro-transaction casual browser fare, personally. I don't even know what my subconscious is referencing, because I am not familiar with those other games. But that's my reaction, nonetheless.

Naval Action: Trafalgar

Naval Action: Age of sail battles

Naval Action: Victory

I think you have to make a connection with something casuals/no sailnerds understand. I myself had no clue what to expect from a game called "naval action" except ships. But which ships, no idea. (i have no idea about sailingships or sailing)

Also with this you maybe get into the results of a youtube search or something like this were a historic interested person searches for documentations for age of sail battles or something like this. He will see a game setting in his favorite time and maybe take a look at it. You don't get that directly with "legends" or "naval action".

What you could also do is just get pirate into the name, change the game a littlebit by adding clanflags of pirates at the back of ships and BAM ... naval action pirates or whaterever. :D 

Because: people like pirates. People like customization. People like clans 

Naval Action Michael Bay edition
World of Tall Ships

jk :D

Sea Trials sounds good to me.

10 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

just remember if you going to make that game to be sure that the UI is supreme. that's all that the world of tanks and warships has. is UI. rest is just arcade combat. seems to make them plenty of money

P.S the people who play those types games don't give 2 craps about realism. they want instant action that is fast paced. They want a 30 min commitment at the most. they want to play a round and walk off. so u will need to speed up the rate of combat by about 2x from legacy naval action.

yes, definetely all those people that played WT when it was good all wanted fast action, the same for Naval Action Sea Trials, all of those wanted fast action.

No... Thats BS, all i want is fast to get into action, but i dont want the action to be fast, that is the last thing i want.

On the topic of name, i think sea trials is what gets my vote, has a special place in my heart :P

14 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

call it what it is. world of tall ships

14 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

Whoa! That was some expertly hid passive aggressiveness.

I saw you talking about your skill level in that other thread, this game is perfect for you because you can come and take us all to school.

Sails of Glory.... dang, taken... erm... Naval Glory then. 

Can't wait for this, whatever it's called!

"Legends" immediately brought to mind pirate fantasy for me....NOT a good association.  No krakens, no mermaids and fighting skeletons. 

For the record, I am much in favor of all of those things. But never in Naval Action.