Game-Labs Forum
admin

Applications for closed testing of NA legends are now open.

isard    12

The last question is kind of tricky if you send most feedback via steam within the updates section.
I would recommend to change that last question to an url with feedback to naval action without the need to be from the game labs forums.

However I tried my luck :)

Edit:
Actually I found some posts in the forum here but it is in the german section and application is already sent.
Well, lets see wat happens ;)

Edited by isard

PIerrick de Badas    1,121

I'm almst jobless and back from holliday. Time is long around, NA need time but i need new experience to enjoy the seas :-).

I've give many advice, return, i ve already probably send 100 to 200 report ig trying to show you what works and what not. My english is what it is, it's may the weak point on my application.

Good luck with the game, see you for an answer :-)

SpaceMonkey    3

I've played naval action for quiet a bit (251h) and I think its a great game or step towards a game. I understand the small developer team is doing the most they can but this game just needs either more time or content. This Legend game is like the alpha all over again which in my opinion isn't bad if that is how you will increase the popularity of the game. I would like to join the beta of this legend game to see how good it will go with the community. Anyway I think it will definitly appeal to certain people because of the lower time investment needed to play.

Edited by SpaceMonkey

AusDV8    48

I think uncertainty is keeping the active numbers down, the short form of the game may help spark interest again until real world content can be sorted..

Hand is in the air - sign me up. :ph34r:

Jeheil    2,499

I have applied already, would like to know position on recording etc and.....please let us know when first round invites have gone out so I can be jealous etc if you don't pick me (flashbacks to schoolyard footy team picking).

Sir Texas Sir    3,660
15 hours ago, Jeheil said:

I have applied already, would like to know position on recording etc and.....please let us know when first round invites have gone out so I can be jealous etc if you don't pick me (flashbacks to schoolyard footy team picking).

So your saying you suck, but your mom brought snacks and sodas so we are going to let you on our team any way......lol

Dang I need to find me some curve ball to get in too;)

When this comes to Xbox pls let me know. I am 3+ yr WoT player with over 2 yrs Supertesting for them. I would be interested in helping out. Of course I dont know squat right now but can learn. Thanks in advance.

admin    28,100
3 hours ago, Pada said:

Almost™

very soon indeed

as we said - first small group will be invited to test if new backend does not totally fail. 
then invite all NA owners. 

actually first small group would be invited next week.

Ruthless4u    269
5 hours ago, admin said:

very soon indeed

as we said - first small group will be invited to test if new backend does not totally fail. 
then invite all NA owners. 

actually first small group would be invited next week.

Will invites be sent out through email or forum/steam PM?

Knite    3
On 8/16/2017 at 12:40 PM, Hagen0811 said:

Don't get me wrong. I love Naval Action, but I will love NA Legends more, if this is a rebirthed improved version of the sea trials.

I loved to chase down a solo pirate on my own or to escape a ganking fleet of raiders. It gave me a "Master and Commander"-Feeling combined with goose bumps. ^^

But, I will start my vocational education in a few weeks, which didn't allows me any more to sit on my computer for hours. Maybe for homeworks but that's not the point.

I think NA Legends will get more interest because of these factors:

1. The battles are not as long as a full preparation and attack on a hostile city with an entire fleet in front of it. (It's cool though, but often really               time- consuming.)

2. New and uncertain players are more open to f2p games. It gives them a chance to try it out without putting money in it. Also the experienced captains help the new ones to improve there skills. (Thanks to our community, this is not a rarity.^^     ...     Hey, that rhymes.)

What scares me a bit is the up coming game "Skull and Bones" form our "beloved", potato-server hosting, dlc-dealer Ubisoft, that causes more attention unfortunatly...

But maybe NA Legends will become a counter-part to games like "Skull and Bones" or "World of Warships".

Or in other words... Naval Action Legends could be the "Warthunder" of Ship games.

I have still hope and thank at this point the developers for every endeavour they made to make NA to a game I'll always love and remember.

I played NA for maybe 20 hours overall before deciding that I'd probably wait until a later date to come back and try the game; as someone with a vested interest in vehicular combat games and the age of sail, NA initially drew me in with its promise of sailing the Constitution, but the grind and the resets put me off trying to invest any serious time.

Then I saw a complaint that dev team focus was going to be split between NA and the new arena-style F2P title, and I was instantly interested again. As someone with ~3000 battles in World of Warships, the idea of an arena combat age of sail game was exactly what I was looking for. Whatever similarity to Sea Trials ends up being in the game at release remains to be seen, but if it's remotely similar, I'm still extremely interested.

To respond to a few of your points:

1. My biggest gripe with NA is the time investment; it reminds me of EVE, insofar as it is impossible to only sit down for one hour and do what you intend to. If Legends matches are limited to 20-30 minutes per match, that would be fantastic. That lets me get in a minimum of 2-3 games if I only have one hour of playtime I can devote that day.

2. F2P done well will draw in tons of players; WoWs is still growing in terms of playerbase, partially due to how much content is constantly being added, but also because you don't have to pay a cent if you don't want to. This is a smart move for Legends, provided the devs can figure out what level of monetization works. Some games don't do this well at all (APB, WarThunder)

I don't think Skull and Bones is going to attract the same kind of players, honestly. From what gameplay I've seen, it's not super interesting since you're just pirates; this precludes being able to sail the Constitution or other famous national tall ships. The entire reason I started playing World of Warships was so I could get the Iowa; I'm not the only one who started playing WoWs for a specific ship and got hooked, either. There are also WoWs players who have said they would love to see age of sail implemented into the game.

I love the idea behind NA, but I'm not sold on the execution. If Legends comes to be a real thing, it will receive my time and attention.

jodgi    2,312
25 minutes ago, Knite said:

Some games don't do this well at all (APB, WarThunder)

Only dabbled briefly in warthunder; how do they not do f2p or monetization well?

Knite    3
27 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Only dabbled briefly in warthunder; how do they not do f2p or monetization well?

The grind in WarThunder is outrageous; it practically requires a premium account, and this is coming from someone that ground out almost the entire USN BB line in WoWs without a premium account. 

WarThunder's premium currency, Golden Eagles, are slightly more expensive per unit than doubloons in WoWs, and Golden Eagles are pretty much required for some things, unless you want to spend 200 hours "eliting" a specific vehicle. In WoWs, if you want to retrain your commander, you can use Elite XP, which is gained when a maxed out commander receives XP in a match, and Free XP, which is gained in every single match, and may be received in greater than normal quantities by using (somewhat easy to come by) modifiers.

Essentially, WoWs makes the grind bearable by giving you modifiers and methods with which to increase the rate of your grind (which is not bad to begin with), whereas WarThunder gives you some bonuses, but encourages the player to drop money in more ways and for more things than WoWs does.

That said, I like playing WarThunder Air Battles; Ground Battles award you almost no XP, and there are tons of complaints about how much worse the grind is for GB than AB.