Game-Labs Forum
admin

Applications for closed testing of NA legends are now open.

Sir Texas Sir    3,660
5 hours ago, Ephant said:

It's even harder without any posts.

NAL is exactly what I wanted from NA. You can't imagine my disappointment when Sea Trials was removed (had 0 interest in open world). I always thought the game would feature both, open world and a Sea Trials-esque game mode.

But for Beta they want folks that will give them feedback for the game and not just play it. I understand there reason, but I'm sure some good testers are some of the newer players or folks that aren't as active on the forums right now, but they need folks that will be active to feedback problems with the game when playing it.  

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But for Beta they want folks that will give them feedback for the game and not just play it. I understand there reason, but I'm sure some good testers are some of the newer players or folks that aren't as active on the forums right now, but they need folks that will be active to feedback problems with the game when playing it.  

[Sir Texas Sir] is right

Its all about giving good clean clear feedback. The STEAM boards do give you a direct in no uncertain terms view. Now don't turn your nose up at STEAM, if you haven't given any clear feedback yourself... The pimple driven headstrong teenager might not have the same impressions of the game as you, but how would we know without your input?  

Vijar    11

Great! I really loved the old Sea Trials. I also like the open world but it is just too time consuming to find good battles to fit into my real life most of the time unfortunately. So for me personally this is the best news in quite some time. I sent my application. :)

My best memories of the game are from the original Sea Trials and a few port battles in the current form. I simply love this idea! Wouldn't it be fantastic to have historical battles re-enacted in Arena Battles. A handful of 1st rates (first come first serve), a few 2nd rates, and a host of 3rd rates. The real Trafalgar or the Glorious 1st of June. :rolleyes:  That would be fantastic!! Imagine a few period late 17th century battles too <_< ... okay, I know I may be pushing the boundaries a tad...but its not too far fetched...a few variations on the Ingermanland and we're good to go. :D

M G    80

I'm also genuinely looking forward to this, as I too remember the fun of the sea trials period.

For me, Sea Trials was like this: No messing about, join a battle, kick the shit out of someone, get the shit kicked out of you, laugh/cry, then do it all again.

What is there not to love?

"Duel anyone?" I remember the first time I duelled when I thought I knew what I was doing. Who the feck is this MrDoran anyway? What does he know that I don't?

LOL. 

SteelSandwich    2,243
22 hours ago, M G said:

"Duel anyone?" I remember the first time I duelled when I thought I knew what I was doing. Who the feck is this MrDoran anyway? What does he know that I don't?

LOL. 

Many a sailor died a similar death ;)

Turpos    7

Had to make forum account for this, and since there should be at least one helpful post i proudly present:

Turpos ultimate guide to naval action combat

Get the wind. Like seriously.

Edited by Turpos
Im not strong with spoilers

M G    80

Dear Mr Admin, how my heart leaps when I think upon you.

Pray tell when I might gorge my loins upon your latest creation.

I can keep a secret, you can Pm me if you like. I promise I won't tell.

Honestly.

Like seriously.

M G    80

What? No, of course not. What gave you that crazy idea?

You know you're the only one.

*Whispers to admin "Call me !"

Arvenski    316

Wait, this is a thing? Holy shit :o

Okay, you've got me looking forward to playing some Naval Action again, which is a feeling I wasn't expecting to feel again anytime soon. This seems like a great idea.  

Chustler    1,353

I am not ever the guy to ask this normally, but I am very curious about general time frames on this as well.  I'm hoping soon of course, but I'd love to know when to expect this.

DeRuyter    724

Looking forward to Legends - but being patient before initial beta don't want to rush it out. It would be interesting to have land and maybe even a port battle mode, plus the lighthouse from sea trials. :)

elite92    570
1 hour ago, DeRuyter said:

Looking forward to Legends - but being patient before initial beta don't want to rush it out. It would be interesting to have land and maybe even a port battle mode, plus the lighthouse from sea trials. :)

yes! a port battle mode with attack flleet and defense one with strategic objectives, land and forts would be awesome.

there is so much room to make this Naval Action Legends a fantastic game for captains who love epic battles and/or dont have much time to enjoy the OW; devs can put a matchmaking to balance ships and captains level or skillpoints and/or make private rooms with custom settings for special tournaments and battles.

would be also funny to have a map in the empty ocean and different layout of land in other maps with lighthouses , towers and forts that shoots to every1, the variable wind can also introduce some depth to the combat mechanics.

i was also thinking about type of game to have the best experience and gain more players: imho devs should at least think about the free to play type maybe with aesthetics stuff like hull and sails paints available for microtransations or premium subscriptions, nothing that can make this pay to win obviusly, but this is only my opinion

Arvenski    316
19 hours ago, elite92 said:

there is so much room to make this Naval Action Legends a fantastic game for captains who love epic battles...

Admittedly, that's what a lot of us thought about regular Naval Action a couple of years ago, isn't it?

Chustler    1,353
3 hours ago, Arvenski said:

Admittedly, that's what a lot of us thought about regular Naval Action a couple of years ago, isn't it?

Yep.  At least with this one, the vast majority of the hard work is already done. 

Liq    3,254

Any ETA so far? Single-use ships for 1 battle per is getting a little odd :)

Puchu    747

This is all i ever wanted! 

Pure 24h combat ahhhh dreams are coming true!

Tried to find my post from 3 years ago where i say that all i want is an arena mode :D

Edited by Puchu

dagdriver    38

I would be happy to participate, but unfortunately  cannot commit to the weekend tests, but when / if the tests are extended to other days I will apply as tester.

Hey all,

I just wanted to know if there's a topic somewhere on the forum explaining in details what "sea trials" or "legends" is about. Is it a lobby you join from your capital port or is it a place on the map you have to go to participate in pvp? I mean, I have no idea what are the features of this game mode. 

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Hermann

slik    702
1 hour ago, Fritz Hermann said:

Hey all,

I just wanted to know if there's a topic somewhere on the forum explaining in details what "sea trials" or "legends" is about. Is it a lobby you join from your capital port or is it a place on the map you have to go to participate in pvp? I mean, I have no idea what are the features of this game mode. 

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Hermann

Naval Action Legends is a separate lobby/arena style game. Sea trials is Naval Action testing period before open world was introduced.

MerimAh    168
19 hours ago, slik said:

Naval Action Legends is a separate lobby/arena style game.

so plz remove all separate lobby/arena style elements from OW version

Liq    3,254
3 minutes ago, MerimAh said:

so plz remove all separate lobby/arena style elements from OW version

There are none left? No more duels / small battles / large battles - just afk sailing left :)