Game-Labs Forum

Logged out Automatically

Is it just me that gets constantly logged out of the forum and repeatedly have to log in again? Every time I have been AFK for a while and get back to look at the forum, I am logged out and have to log back in again. I have ticked the box for the site to remember me and I never had this happen before.

It's not a huge deal, but still I thought it worth mentioning.

Is it just that something is being done behind the scenes that requires the forum cache to be wiped repeatedly and all sessions ended? Or is it a bug? Or is it only happening to me?

I use Chrome on Mac and Windows, + whatever browser my Windows Phone has. It hasn't happened for a few hours now since I've been by my computers, but it happened on all devices earlier.

At first I thought it might be because I'm switching between devices, and that they reduced the number of simultaneous sessions per user or something (since it hasn't been an issue with 3 devices before, only with 4), but that didn't seem to be the case.

Just now, Cornelis Tromp said:

Did you mark the site as read before? It seems to end my session from time to time.

Nope.

Just now, Snoopy said:

It keeps me logged in, from at least 3 different devices. Time to start being paranoid :)

Damn

Edited by Anolytic

1 hour ago, Anolytic said:

Is it just me that gets constantly logged out of the forum and repeatedly have to log in again? Every time I have been AFK for a while and get back to look at the forum, I am logged out and have to log back in again. I have ticked the box for the site to remember me and I never had this happen before.

It's not a huge deal, but still I thought it worth mentioning.

Is it just that something is being done behind the scenes that requires the forum cache to be wiped repeatedly and all sessions ended? Or is it a bug? Or is it only happening to me?

Not happening only to you :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

Never been an issue for me.  Is it possible you're automatically clearing cookies or your cache?  Some sort of security setting on one of your devices?

I haven't changed anything or any settings, and it seems to happen on all of my devices independently.

• 2 weeks later...

This issue is persistent despite having tried various attempts at finding solutions. It seems the forum is not allowing me more than one simultaneous session. So if I log in on one device I am logged out on all the others. The issue is the same across browsers, Operating Systems, devices and physical locations.