Game-Labs Forum

Upcoming patch

On 5/14/2017 at 6:43 PM, Fetzen said:

I agree with what was said before: Having the option for fixed enemy strength on normal difficulty would be great.

Fixed enemy strength on the harder levels would likely end up hurting the player. In order to be fixed, it needs to be challenging for those with a "lean and mean" army, so it needs to be high experience. In order to be challenging for players who max out the brigade sizes, the enemy needs to be large. So the total result is that it needs to be both large and high experience while the player can likely only achieve one of the two. 

In Colonel, they put the Fixed enemy strength on the lower end of both spectrums and they countered this by making rewards about 25% less. So on harder levels if you wanted the same relative number of troops but on Normal and with some more experience, the rewards would have to be like 40% less. At that point, you're really restricting what the player can do and how flexibile he can be. Options are extremely limited and defeats are punished even more harshly. 

Auto-scaling saves the player after a pyrrhic victory or bad defeat. Without it, the enemy keeps getting relatively stronger if the player can't keep up with the increase in macro that the fixed enemy strength would give on harder difficulties.

I know it's not perfect and can be incedibly frustrating, but I am firmly a believer that auto-scaling saves the player on Legendary, Hard, and even Normal.   

• Like 2

On 5/10/2017 at 11:52 AM, Nick Thomadis said:

No, it covers the event after that, in a speculative assault via Hardin Pike, Nashville.

I would love to see more of the battles of the Western front!! Perhaps in another campaign or even (as much as I hate the "theft" of DLC policies these days) I would certainly buy DLC'S for this game (especially ones adding new battles, skirmishes, ambushes, guerilla type encounters, etc. In New environment). It seems to me tho that there are many battles in the West that have been left out and there certainly enough to make another timeline out if it and maybe even room to change up the campaign mechanics. 

On 5/11/2017 at 3:59 AM, Hank said:

Just a "simple" request: could you please reconsider the balancing effects of having elite units with elite weapons (above all skirmishers)? Don't know if this has been addressed already, but a new player would, without doubt, try to create THE cool elite brigade. Elite weapons are scarce, which is excellent, but if that new cool elite skirmisher brigade has to face 3 enemy brigades with even better weapons next battle, the new player would not experience the rightful reward. Because there is none..

Weapons definitely need to be balanced and captured weapons need to actually make sense. As of now it just seems random the amount of weapons"rescued". If I capture 5000 mean then I should get at least have 5000 of their weapons plus if I win the field I should also end up with 90%of the enemy weapons from the dead soldiers but now it just seems random on what I end up with. Another thing of some import that needs modifying is the firing radious lines!! They're barely visible especially when overlaying the map and therefore all but useless but yet viral to the deployment of troops  Also firing radious' showing the range of a cannons differently types of shot or extremely important to the deployment of artillery. Extremely great game tho!!!! I'd just love for these patches to be done right and timely and this could be hands down tho best game, certainly of the genre, of the year possibly seven best game period

Another thing of some import that needs modifying is the firing radious lines!! They're barely visible especially when overlaying the map and therefore all but useless but yet viral to the deployment of troops  Also firing radious' showing the range of a cannons differently types of shot or extremely important to the deployment of artillery

Yes. this needs to be addressed! I made a post about this issue too. The lines are barely visible at times, especially in the morning/evening phase of certain battles, when the battle field is darker than usual.