Game-Labs Forum

Alternatives to the removal of endresult screen

Just now, sveno said:

As already stated, the discussion derailed away from the original RoE discussion.

I will now use my fairy-o-matic teleport out of this discussion because its really late here now.

o7

Well atleast I have given a suggestion, spawn so many miles away from where the battle started to prevent greifing and exploiting. But the truth is mate, this isn't about anyones clan it's about the game as a whole. How about offering some alternate suggestions instead defending the ROE that is best for you?

I Could say the same about compressed open world speeds and ninja stealth, but it adds nothing to help with the problem. As I am concerned about the game as whole and not just what myself or my clan wants. :)

The Incentive of this topic is to make revenge fleets earn their victory as opposed to having it given to them without having to do any work and being able to exploit the force to open world mechanic in numerous ways.

Instead of looking at it from some of your perspectives how this is somehow perfect for your playstyle how about looking at it as a whole game and not just how it works for you and your clans but how it would effect others.

• How can we remove greifing and repeat tagging?
  • How can we remove the exploits that are possible right now by surrounding enemy?
  • How can we make sure that it is a possibility to catch the enemy after a battle with the right tactics but not have us get instant revenge handed to us on a silver platter without even trying?

If we can get a mechanic that address these things it will be good for everyone and the game. We cannot keep this current system, it is bad and everyone knows it but some will not admit it because for some it does suit their needs and how their clans function.

My suggestion is having a radius of where you can spawn so many miles away from where the battle took place to stop grefing and repeat tagging and other exploits.

Revenge fleets should have to earn their victory's and not have them handed to them. Right now those who do not agree with having mechanics changed have grown to need these mechanics because they are so use to them. Yet they fail to see why it is bad for other clans and players.

We ask you admins and devs that you try to find some solution to this problem, It has been hard to find one, but we must find one.

Edited by Neptune

We go where there is a consistent chance of getting regular pvp. We aren't going to get that in places where there are is only the occasional enemy.

So we have 2 choices right now;

1. Go where there are enemies and know that we will be revenge fleet ganked. And if we escape the first revenge fleet tag then we can be sure that another tag will occur right after that. 

2. Go where there is maybe 1 player in the course of 2 hours and gank that 1 player. 

I honestly don't see how 5min timer and np battle result screen (with option at the very least log off) is a good thing for the game. Not for small/solo group players and not for the rvr players either.

Without a doubt rvr players will get extremely upset once they at some point fail to win a PB but a bunch of them survive, only to be thrown out of the battle right into the enemy pb fleet only to be ganked.

One that happens maybe you will understand our frustration better :)

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, TommyShelby said:

Without a doubt rvr players will get extremely upset once they at some point fail to win a PB but a bunch of them survive, only to be thrown out of the battle right into the enemy pb fleet only to be ganked.

One that happens maybe you will understand our frustration better :)

Oh I'm sure the outcry will be insane once the first port battle fleet will be lost right after fighting a 105 min port battle, losing it, and then after that losing your ship to "screeners" outside

• Like 2

Don't worry guys, once they have the mechanic exploited against them they won't be all for it anymore. They are acting selfish and are supporting such a mechanic because it favors them.

They aren't looking at the problems it creates and how it will affect the game, pure selfishness to ignore this. But not to worry, they will understand soon. If they want these mechanics the only players that will be left for them will be revenge gankers and players that abuse this mechanic then they will have to live with no PvP. Good on them, I guess?

• Like 3

Those here supporting this mechanic, you obviously do not care for the game. You are only concerned about yourself and your clan, I would be embarrassed to come on such a thread and openly support this type of exploiting mechanic. If you were worried about the game the least bit you would not be on this thread right now arguing about why it's good for your clan but offering a way to stop the greifing. Shameful!

Another alternate suggestion would be when the battle timer ends, hopefully 2 minutes if the attacking side has 1.5x MORE BR than the enemy they do not get exit to freindly port but need to face the revenge fleets for ganking. If you are within the 1.5x BR threshold than you may exit to freindly port.

Just throwing another suggestion out there, this needs to be fixed and you can't ignore it. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Neptune said:

Another alternate suggestion would be when the battle timer ends, hopefully 2 minutes if the attacking side has 1.5x MORE BR than the enemy they do not get exit to freindly port but need to face the revenge fleets for ganking. If you are within the 1.5x BR threshold than you may exit to freindly port.

Just throwing another suggestion out there, this needs to be fixed and you can't ignore it. :)

Ganker can be revenge ganked but ppl looking for relatively fair fights can't.  

I like it. (Ppl looking for fights can still be ganked, just not revenge ganked).

+1

• Like 1

Just now, TommyShelby said:

Ganker can be revenge ganked but ppl looking for relatively fair fights can't.  

I like it. (Ppl looking for fights can still be ganked, just not revenge ganked).

+1

I Was thinking about it last night, it would be the best solution in my opinion. If you gank you get ganked, if you have given enemy a fair fight there should be no reason to be punished for your actions of trying to create good fun content for the game.

• Like 1

I'm just going to give you my thoughts on this as well. I'll keep it to the question of after-battle options since my opinions on the ROE are expressed elsewhere.

I think revenge fleets are a big problem. I remember how this worked some while ago when Danish waters were attacked by gankers; we would scramble a group to counter the attackers, and I recall feeling very silly, sitting spread outside an instanced battle, waiting for the participants to pop out.

I'm generally in favour of as realistic a game as possible, within the restrictions we have with OW vs. instanced battles. The solution to the issue of after-battle options is very difficult. I'll say that I favour the ability to exit to a friendly port over the current system, and let me tell you why: Not only does that solve the revenge fleet issue (which hopefully everyone can see is utterly unrealistic and detrimental), but it also makes life easier for players with time constraints (as well as more casual players); you may have to sail quite far if you want to be certain to find some decent PvP, and if you do engage the enemy somewhere far from your home port, you may only have time for that one battle, or two before you need to set sail homewards, which also takes time. With the current system, the enemy can deny you an exit indefinitely, forcing you into battle after battle.

Now, I think it's desirable that you have to sail home after such a sortie to hostile waters, but the issue of time compression means that in the time it takes to fight the initial battle, you could've actually in OW time have fought the battle and sailed home. This is why I think, from my point of view which favours a close-to-realism-approach, exiting to a friendly port after battle is acceptable.

PS.

It is not in the question of these mechanics that we should solve the issue of unreasonable ganking. I'm of the opinion that ganking will always be part of a realistic PvP game, but the game mechanics should balance the scales carefully between wolf-pack groups and home water patrols. But, as I said, this is not where we solve it - we must solve that before rather than after battle closure: The balance issue must be handled with carefully tested and well thought out ROE that first and foremost make sense, but also facilitates enjoyable gameplay. (For example, I find the signalling perk very unrealistic and undesirable out of principle, but understand how it could make for a decent gameplay compromise. See here).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.6.2017 at 2:35 AM, rediii said:

This has 2 sides. Back to port is a free card for gankers. There was NO point whatsover to do a coastguard. Enemys got spotted, people said they need help. Nothing was possible to do, enemy ganked someone and teleported back to port to repeat as usual.

there was not even a slightest chance to keep waters safe which is total bullshit

Looks like the 'defense fleets' arent that much fun after all? :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

It was realy fun! Organized a big swedish fleet to save it. Everyone had fun in this action. :) 

Advantage of being in one of the largest clans I guess, capacity of pepole to warp by to save your butt is huge.

But try to see it from a small group of players PoV, which just prefers teh small frigate engagements rather than those huge 20v20+s. Basically right now you can only survive if you've got enough mates to beam to your battle position on the OW.

Steel Masts + Mass > Quality -> Uninstalled ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Liquicity
  • Like 1