Game-Labs Forum

PVP Global Server - Clan/Population Chart

Aventador

It's been a few weeks since we had our initial meeting on April 1st: 

In that meeting I sent out a spreadsheet that would help estimate our numbers in each nation. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IRtjy3zVe3aboAUBz8ym-tv6XIftXqPh90c6bK6vM1U/edit#gid=0 After all of the changes announced I would like to update the spreadsheet to get a better estimate of our active RVR numbers on PVP Global. If your clan needs to be moved to a different nation or if the amount of active RVR members needs to be changed please post like this:

EDIT

(Clan Name) to (Nation)

Active RVR Members:___

If you would like to add your clan to the list please post like this:

ADD

(Clan Name) to (Nation)

Active RVR Members:___

If you have any questions or comments please let me know. Please share this!

• Like 1

ADD

[AHOY] to GB

Active RVR Members: 15

It's a estimate for RVR members, should be close though.

Edited by Guest

I would like to ask members of the three major factions to please really consider joining a smaller faction. With additional numbers to these smaller factions they can grow to match numbers of the larger factions creating a bit more balance and a more entertaining server in the long run.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

14 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

I would like to ask members of the three major factions to please really consider joining a smaller faction. With additional numbers to these smaller factions they can grow to match numbers of the larger factions creating a bit more balance and a more entertaining server in the long run.

Fair point. In our clan meeting for [AHOY], we heavily discussed joining a smaller nation such as France. The problem for us is the possibility of getting "stuck" without the ability to switch nations if we don't like the situation. I saw something from admin saying eventually there will be a item we can get through steam that will let us switch (or something along those lines) but who knows how long that will take to be implemented... 

I know we could wait to redeem our xp, but then we aren't actually invested. Besides, if anyone redeemed by mistake then they would be stuck. 

I think the best result for GB will be groups of 1 or 2 clans fighting by themselves against an enemy. That type of fighting hopefully wont overpower the enemy too badly, and we wont run into problems where people cant get into port battles. 

15 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Fair point. In our clan meeting for [AHOY], we heavily discussed joining a smaller nation such as France. The problem for us is the possibility of getting "stuck" without the ability to switch nations if we don't like the situation. I saw something from admin saying eventually there will be a item we can get through steam that will let us switch (or something along those lines) but who knows how long that will take to be implemented... 

I know we could wait to redeem our xp, but then we aren't actually invested. Besides, if anyone redeemed by mistake then they would be stuck. 

I think the best result for GB will be groups of 1 or 2 clans fighting by themselves against an enemy. That type of fighting hopefully wont overpower the enemy too badly, and we wont run into problems where people cant get into port battles. 

Issue being the factions you considered "eastern alliance" on pvp1 will be empty apart from France and Danmark. Dutch are not looking like an increase in numbers, Spain and Sweden will pretty much likely be empty. Factions that are definitely growing will be US, GB, and Pirates. 

18 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

....Factions that are definitely growing will be US, GB, and Pirates. 

36 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

Well...  committing to GB will sure be safe...  no risk whatsoever - other than getting bored as you have so few opponents...

18 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Issue being the factions you considered "eastern alliance" on pvp1 will be empty apart from France and Danmark. Dutch are not looking like an increase in numbers, Spain and Sweden will pretty much likely be empty. Factions that are definitely growing will be US, GB, and Pirates. 

and that is the issue.  The game is gradually decreasing active nations due to the imbalance.  FAR TOO MANY players want a safe and easy game... 

As it is looking now,

• GB 36% of the players
  • USA 20%
  • Pirates 14%
  • French 13%
  • Dane 9%
  • Dutch 8%
  • Spain and Sweden essentially dead.

GB can take on and outnumber the two other largest forces....   

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Well...  committing to GB will sure be safe...  no risk whatsoever - other than getting bored as you have so few opponents...

and that is the issue.  The game is gradually decreasing active nations due to the imbalance.  FAR TOO MANY players want a safe and easy game... 

As it is looking now,

• GB 36% of the players
  • USA 20%
  • Pirates 14%
  • French 13%
  • Dane 9%
  • Dutch 8%
  • Spain and Sweden essentially dead.

GB can take on and outnumber the two other largest forces....   

First off, joining any nation other than GB would have split our clan in half. Many members heavily identify with GB, and had no interest in switching. 

Second, if the population falls as you say, then i'm guessing it will be most nations vs the Brits. Good, that sounds like fun, honestly. Considering we have a few large clans, and with the inability to teleport ships, i'm guessing we will mostly fight independently on different boarders (hopefully).

We (AHOY) are happy to try and fight our own private war, but we wouldn't have been able to bring the necessary numbers to a a different nation to do so. 

EDIT: Besides, if the devs actually create the alliance system for the small nations, problem solved.

Edited by Guest

US will not fight GB. No reason for them. Everyone will first grab Spanish possessions, then Swedens, then static map. Unless GB agressivelly attacks  US, 2/3 of the map will be red and green. The Pirates and small nations will have to fight the elefant in the room, look at pvp2 map, that is fair representation (dutch are in mega alliance so less yellow more red there in global). Just my prediction.

12 minutes ago, Comrade I Stalin said:

US will not fight GB. No reason for them. Everyone will first grab Spanish possessions, then Swedens, then static map. Unless GB agressivelly attacks  US, 2/3 of the map will be red and green. The Pirates and small nations will have to fight the elefant in the room, look at pvp2 map, that is fair representation (dutch are in mega alliance so less yellow more red there in global). Just my prediction.

I disagree. From what I've heard they will, or at least portions of the GB/US groups will, some may not, it will be a weird dynamic. The worst thing that can happen is that they don't fight each other and the server will be dead before it started.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Comrade I Stalin said:

The US will fight GB.

1 hour ago, Comrade I Stalin said:

We already agreed to fight each other :)

Pretty sure both sides are looking forward to it too, I know I am. Should be some great competition.

1 hour ago, Teutonic said:

I disagree. From what I've heard they will, or at least portions of the GB/US groups will, some may not, it will be a weird dynamic. The worst thing that can happen is that they don't fight each other and the server will be dead before it started.

I'm sure the mix of PvP1 and PvP2 guys will get a new feeling of the game for all sides. I for one would love to see the two big guys fight each other so I can be more pirate like and not worry about Conquest stuff.  To be honest all we wanted on PvP2 for the most part was a buffer zone of regions and than we would just keep it to PvP in OW, but when no one fights each other it gets boring and you have to take the fight to them.   Lets hope we don't see that again.

1 hour ago, Aventador said:

The US will fight GB.

I'm not to worried about this since I'm sure the ones that didn't want to fight will be out number and can't hide behind there alliances.

20 minutes ago, EliteDelta said:

We already agreed to fight each other :)

Pretty sure both sides are looking forward to it too, I know I am. Should be some great competition.

I won't say what side I'll fight but I'm pretty sure as a pirate I'll take advantage of any fighting ya'll have....sharks do get drawn towards the blood.

I tried to find the correct thread where someone mentioned that join PvP EU because it is more relaxed.  I did not think that "that" much that time.  Now that I check the clan list, and I try to remember more or less who are and in which clan, this guy actually could be right.  Saltiest guys are actually, probably, listed here.  There are also clans that are not listed yet, but who I have understood will be on this list.

There is a chart like this for PvP EU as well?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

I tried to find the correct thread where someone mentioned that join PvP EU because it is more relaxed.  I did not think that "that" much that time.  Now that I check the clan list, and I try to remember more or less who are and in which clan, this guy actually could be right.  Saltiest guys are actually, probably, listed here.  There are also clans that are not listed yet, but who I have understood will be on this list.

There is a chart like this for PvP EU as well?

I am unaware of such a spreadsheet for the future EU server.  The one that Aventador created was for the Global Server.

If those players intending to go to the EU server want to create a spreadsheet for the EU server, that is up to them to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, qw569 said:

I look at image and don't understand why EU players choose GLOBALr server.

Can anyone explain to me why?

Has Rubli decided yet where they will play? Do you know anything about the other Russian clans like 18BEK as well?

Edited by Jon Snow lets go

2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Has Rubli decided yet where they will play? Do you know anything about the other Russian clans like 18BEK as well?

no, we havent decided yet. global server doesnt look promising thou, concidering our early eu tz. 

most likely we will check both servers and make a decision after the wipe.

there are some rumors about other ru-speaking clans switching servers and/or nations, but nothing specific.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

'Sweden' will be non-existent.

When it will just be two kittens and a couple of strays they will be nothing more than the annoying nat that are are now in pvp2 since pvp1 swedes are more dedicated to EU server. 

33 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Asking clans or factions to leave their nation to populate what is projected to be non popular nations is really not going to help in anyway realistically. 

How so?