Game-Labs Forum
Aventador

PVP Global Server - Clan/Population Chart

Raekur    51
1 minute ago, Aegir said:

I believe that the teleporting refers to port-to-port teleporting of you yourself, while ship teleporting is being outright removed in all its forms. Which means that to remain active around La Navasse, you would have to live there fulltime, or sail there from your closest national port each time. Only truly dedicated pirates and privateers would put in that effort.

Once you dock ships at La Navasse you can teleport yourself back to another port to sail a second ship down. Once ships are in place then the only time you have to worry about sailing down again is to move another ship there to replace one that was lost.

While I understand the other capitals have freeports nearby, my point was to remove just those freeports to give new players a little more breathing room. If a person just starts playing the game and for a solid week or 2 can not even leave port without getting attacked then chances are they are not going to put any more time into the game but will be willing to write up a rather negative review with PC Gamer.

Liquicity    2,769
1 minute ago, Raekur said:

Once you dock ships at La Navasse you can teleport yourself back to another port to sail a second ship down.

you cant teleport from nation port to free port nor from free port to nation port.

Raekur    51
Just now, Liquicity said:

you cant teleport from nation port to free port nor from free port to nation port.

That is going to cause a LOT of issues. If someone is sailing out of a Freeport and gets chased back there by a larger force then the only option they have is to log off the game for a while. Not what I would call a positive direction for the game.

For example, A player in a tradeship has an outpost at La Navasse and KPR and Cap Francis. He loads up some goods from Cap Francis to take to KPR. He is sighted by a group of pirates as he is passing La Navasse. Since he has an outpost at La Navasse he can dock and switch ports with the old patch. Under the new one he is pretty much screwed since there is nothing he can do but wait the hostile forces out which could take hours. Actual play time will be negatively affected by this approach.

Liquicity    2,769
7 minutes ago, Raekur said:

That is going to cause a LOT of issues. If someone is sailing out of a Freeport and gets chased back there by a larger force then the only option they have is to log off the game for a while. Not what I would call a positive direction for the game.

For example, A player in a tradeship has an outpost at La Navasse and KPR and Cap Francis. He loads up some goods from Cap Francis to take to KPR. He is sighted by a group of pirates as he is passing La Navasse. Since he has an outpost at La Navasse he can dock and switch ports with the old patch. Under the new one he is pretty much screwed since there is nothing he can do but wait the hostile forces out which could take hours. Actual play time will be negatively affected by this approach.

Oooor he could, as he has an outpost in navasse in your scenario, grab a combat ship and call for someone in the area to help him defeat those evil pyrates!

Edited by Liquicity

Aegir    1,548
Just now, Raekur said:

Leave the LGV there, sail out in a basic cutter to do something else for a while. Same thing, short trip.

Now if you were far away from your national waters, sure, that might be annoying, but that's kind of the point of it. The further away you are, the more difficult it is to operate, for trader, privateer and pirate alike. Unlike the present case, where entire national fleets can teleport in and operate at the flick of a switch.

Bach    1,143
1 hour ago, Raekur said:

Even if rookie areas are removed from the bahamas it does not change hostiles based out of La Navasse from constantly harassing KPR. 

Freetowns may be useful, but I would not have placed them within 10 min sail time from capital / starting areas

If you know pirates and privateers are raiding your home waters of KPR from La Navasse then what any good British naval officer would do and figure out a way to protect your coast.  If you just leave you new players to the wolves that's your choice in a sand box.  But the player made content generatation is in you playing the game to stop them. Not the computer generating "safe spaces." that offer no content without PVE mission development.

Grundgemunkey    738
1 hour ago, Bach said:

If you know pirates and privateers are raiding your home waters of KPR from La Navasse then what any good British naval officer would do and figure out a way to protect your coast.  If you just leave you new players to the wolves that's your choice in a sand box.  But the player made content generatation is in you playing the game to stop them. Not the computer generating "safe spaces." that offer no content without PVE mission development.

sorry its not going to happen ...cant afford to spend in game time doing such things as pvp to protect newbies or protecting the coast  ..i will be elsewhere on the map afk sailing a trade ship while watching netflix or playing another game ... since we cant use delivery system anymore

Edited by Grundgemunkey

Bach    1,143
1 hour ago, Grundgemunkey said:

sorry its not going to happen ...cant afford to spend in game time doing such things as pvp to protect newbies or protecting the coast  ..i will be elsewhere on the map afk sailing a trade ship while watching netflix or playing another game ... since we cant use delivery system anymore

Having been one of those pirates hunting KPR from La Navasse last year I could give you several ways to thwart or hamper such pirate activities. But part of the game is your team figuring it out or even devising something I haven't. Besides, no one actually goes there specifically to target new players. We're mostly looking for you.  The simplest solution to true new players is to tell them to move somewhere else.  But if you want PvP then setting up methods to defend that coast or harass La Nabasse is a way to get it.

Edited by Bach

DeRuyter    647
4 hours ago, Anolytic said:

If I understand correctly, Rookie areas are being removed with the patch.

While I hope we're done with the hostility generation system, the suggestion to give higher mark rewards/production caps for smaller nations are worth exploring. Only problem will be when small nations become over-populated with econ-alts that do nothing to aid PvP or RvR. 

Rookie area has already been removed in the test bed server.

Bach    1,143
6 hours ago, Raekur said:

Doesn't this situation solve the one you were worried about on the previous page? Pirates and Privateers camping KPR from LaNavasse. If British players blockade La Navasse, and your in the best position to do it, then the pirates are the ones screwed/stuck if they can't out fight you.  If you do this occasionally you will either get some great Pvp fights at the LaNavasse blockade or you'll see a squadron of pirates in lynx's sailing over the horizon going to bother someone else.

Edited by Bach

chailang    141

I want more people to join Denmark.  ‘cccp’ can fight in the wee hours of the morning  (Relative to the United States 

But the results are sad... 

Sir Texas Sir    3,238
14 minutes ago, chailang said:

I want more people to join Denmark.  ‘cccp’ can fight in the wee hours of the morning  (Relative to the United States 

But the results are sad... 

with the merge we prob will see more SEA/AU players on during y'all time in the other nations.  Which will be good for ya'll.   Might even get some GB during your prime time to exchange some fights with.