Game-Labs Forum
Ink

Hotfix 1 for testbed patch 9.99

JobaSet    268

@admin Bug if you have a 1 fleet with say a merc and it happen to cap a ship. you lose both ships, and no xp and no marks... lets not forget crew loss

Edited by JobaSet

Intrepido    1,958
3 hours ago, JobaSet said:

come on 250k 3 dock gives 8, 750 for 3 more 11 and 2.25 mill for dock lvl 3 to get to 14.  Then 6.75 mil lol you guys I want some of those drugs.

@admin My money didn't get taken away until after a battle. 

The overall prices of everything are incredibly high in comparison with the gold you can get.

This only means one thing, grinding/farming at its best. So sad.

Jeheil    2,320

BIG BUG. I have F11's it.

I have 11 dock slots.

I have 3 in port.

I get the "Not enough room in docks" on the error screen.

Anyone else have this ? 

admin    25,970
18 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Surprise needs you to unlock 3 on the Renomme, The Renomme needs you to unlock 4 on the Mercury, The Mercury needs you to unlock on the Pirvateer, The Privateer neesd you to unlock on the Lynx

thats changing today

scout ships (leading to endymion and constitution) won't require progression in the standard ship line (that leads to first rates)

admin    25,970
20 minutes ago, Jeheil said:

BIG BUG. I have F11's it.

I have 11 dock slots.

I have 3 in port.

I get the "Not enough room in docks" on the error screen.

Anyone else have this ? 

slots are universal now (not per port). So if you have 20 slots they are for all the caribbean (not per port)
do you have ships in other ports that might be taking those 11 slots?

admin    25,970
4 hours ago, Lancella Dutch de Wildt said:

@Ink Sorry to mention it again (and again) but I'm still stuck in Battle Screen with no crew and a sunk ship (which in fact was a near mint one with adequate crew when battle ended)...

you have to delete char

but hopefully today the patch will be deployed and we will also provide xp and money again.. 

23 minutes ago, admin said:

you have to delete char

but hopefully today the patch will be deployed and we will also provide xp and money again.. 

Ah ok, roger! Thanks for answering :)

Edited by Lancella Dutch de Wildt

The Spud    571

I'm going to ask a stupid question here, but what is the deal with the upgrade slots? I see people talking about levels for upgrade slots? I don't know what they are on about.
Are those about craft stuff (had to reset char so no XP or CXP so haven't crafted) or is this about the upgrades you can get on ships? Don't they come as you get XP with the ship?

I saw people setting up a chart yesterday, but I haven't got a clue what they were on about?

Edited by The Spud

Liquicity    2,824
7 minutes ago, The Spud said:

I'm going to ask a stupid question here, but what is the deal with the upgrade slots? I see people talking about levels for upgrade slots? I don't know what they are on about.
Are those about craft stuff (had to reset char so no XP or CXP so haven't crafted) or is this about the upgrades you can get on ships? Don't they come as you get XP with the ship?

I saw people setting up a chart yesterday, but I haven't got a clue what they were on about?

To unlock a ship knowledge slot on a certain ship (e.g. slot number 3 on the surprise) you need to also unlock those slots on the renomee. If you don't, you won't get the additional knowledge slots on the surprise.
Knowledge slots are not really upgrade slots, as you cant buy upgrades with gold and drag-drop them into the slots. However you'll be able to choose from a skill-pool once a slot is unlocked. Those 'skills' are basically the current upgrades (effect wise). Can unlock more of those by buying them in the admirality store for marks.

Edited by Liquicity

admin    25,970
15 minutes ago, The Spud said:

please don't set up charts just yet - system is evolving  - normal ships will be removed from requirements of scouts

AlteSocken    70
11 minutes ago, admin said:

normal ships will be removed from requirements of scouts

what ships are considered normal and which are scouts? Arent you referring to the rating-system?

Sir Texas Sir    3,261
56 minutes ago, admin said:

thats changing today

scout ships (leading to endymion and constitution) won't require progression in the standard ship line (that leads to first rates)

Good to know, I was expecting an update patch today before the weekend.  Hopefully it's more stuff to or the whole patch.   I also figure ya'll tweek it jsut as I get the Surprise unlocked in that line lol

12 minutes ago, admin said:

please don't set up charts - system is evolving

Yah I keep telling folks that all the crafting and stuff is not even in the game so don't be setting things up, this patch isn't even final and than we get to tweeking, but we did set up a fast spread sheet of the line for the unlocking that didn't take long with the info folks had.   It just makes it easier for when every thing is tweeked we will have a reforance chart for players that aren't on the testbed when the patch goes live.   

After all it's part of what we are here to do, test things.

Sir Texas Sir    3,261
34 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

To unlock a ship knowledge slot on a certain ship (e.g. slot number 3 on the surprise) you need to also unlock those slots on the renomee. If you don't, you won't get the additional knowledge slots on the surprise.
Knowledge slots are not really upgrade slots, as you cant buy upgrades with gold and drag-drop them into the slots. However you'll be able to choose from a skill-pool once a slot is unlocked. Those 'skills' are basically the current upgrades (effect wise). Can unlock more of those by buying them in the admirality store for marks.

actually you can buy the knowledge/skills.  You use PvE marks in the Admirality/Pirate shop and can unlock more than just the basic ones we all get from start.  Also some ships if captured will have books/notes that you can use to unlock them too.

Once I get most of my Surprise unlocked I'm going to go back to captured ships (since I won't need the XP) and do some hunting for these things.

Liquicity    2,824
Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

actually you can buy the knowledge/skills.  You use PvE marks in the Admirality/Pirate shop and can unlock more than just the basic ones we all get from start.

Said that in the last part of my first post :)

Sir Texas Sir    3,261
Just now, Liquicity said:

Said that in the last part of my first post :)

lol selective reading, but hay I added we can get them from drops too.  It's way to early for me to be up this morning.   Time for some coffee...

admin    25,970
12 hours ago, JobaSet said:

come on 250k 3 dock gives 8, 750 for 3 more 11 and 2.25 mill for dock lvl 3 to get to 14.  Then 6.75 mil lol you guys I want some of those drugs.

we found in the previous 12 months that audience accepts the reductions in requirements easier than increase in requirements. 
this is needed to control inflation - but of course we don't know yet that those numbers are final

1 hour ago, admin said:

slots are universal now (not per port). So if you have 20 slots they are for all the caribbean (not per port)
do you have ships in other ports that might be taking those 11 slots?

I also had this problem. I only had access to 2 port slots and 2 fleet slots in total (at every port). After I paid 250K to expand the port slots, it began to work correctly.

FieryCross    14

Yeah Conni works properly.

Dont know if it's a bug but sold 2 contract items and didn't receive the PM that items had sold.

The Spud    571
1 hour ago, Liquicity said:

So its just those slots you unlock where you get the + sign and click on it and then you can select like "Power Monkeys, Improved magazine acces, Copper plating, etc.." so it replaces the old drag and drop system. But once you get at a certain amount of slots you might need to unlock it on another ship first before you can use it (like the reno and the surprise). I have been sailing the niagara and the first and second slot unlock with XP, I believe 500 en 2000XP for the second.

And I suppose these upgrades you can buy at the shops "Extra hammocks (6-7)" need to be added to the crafting or they drop onto an empty upgrade box?

Sorry for the silly questions, but with the char reset I had to do I haven't been playing alot and I don't have the marks or gold to test allot. I think i'll figure it out eventualy.

@admin I allready read that its not final, I think they just want to use it for now and combine everybodies knowledge. They'll probably do the same every time it changes.

Liquicity    2,824
Just now, The Spud said:

And I suppose these upgrades you can buy at the shops "Extra hammocks (6-7)" need to be added to the crafting or they drop onto an empty upgrade box?

as far as i know you can only buy/unlock them in the admirality store for pve marks, for example extra hammocks (5-6) would mean that once bought and used you can use that extra hammock skill for any 5th and 6th rate.
Don't think there is a way of crafting them.

The Spud    571

Also I capped a rattlesnake yesterday, I had one fleet perk active and i have put crew on it like 22 or so, but in the end I did not get the ship and I did not get any rewards. Saldy i forgot to F11 it. I'll try to cap another ship, and see if I did something wrong.

Intrepido    1,958
11 minutes ago, admin said:

we found in the previous 12 months that audience accepts the reductions in requirements easier than increase in requirements. 
this is needed to control inflation - but of course we don't know yet that those numbers are final

Those numbers are very high.. Reaching millions for more slots is not good.

Remember @admin that we have now one durability ships. One bad battle and we lost our sailing ship. We need easy lots for storage several ships of the same type to be ready to any event.

The Spud    571
Just now, Liquicity said:

as far as i know you can only buy/unlock them in the admirality store for pve marks, for example extra hammocks (5-6) would mean that once bought and used you can use that extra hammock skill for any 5th and 6th rate.
Don't think there is a way of crafting them.

Hmmm. i bough some hammocks, but couldn't figure what to do with them. I was prety tired tho. Might be I need to "use" it as to get the knowledge. I thought it was something you had to add to a crafting recepy to get "crew space" or something on your ship. Have a whole afternoon ahead to check that stuff out. Cheers for the replies Liquicity.

Sir Texas Sir    3,261
4 minutes ago, The Spud said:

So its just those slots you unlock where you get the + sign and click on it and then you can select like "Power Monkeys, Improved magazine acces, Copper plating, etc.." so it replaces the old drag and drop system. But once you get at a certain amount of slots you might need to unlock it on another ship first before you can use it (like the reno and the surprise). I have been sailing the niagara and the first and second slot unlock with XP, I believe 500 en 2000XP for the second.

Sorry for the silly questions, but with the char reset I had to do I haven't been playing alot and I don't have the marks or gold to test allot. I think i'll figure it out eventualy.

@admin I allready read that its not final, I think they just want to use it for now and combine everybodies knowledge. They'll probably do the same every time it changes.

Just to let you know Niagara doens't take anything to unlock all 5 (well 4) slots so you can completely unlock that ship without any others.  I think there are a few others like also.  Not part of any tree.

The kinda cool thing is if I have all slots unlocked, I can set perks on a ship and trade it to you and that ship will have the perks.  They will be locked, but you will have a 5 perk ship compared to say your 1 perk ship.   Than you can change the perks as you level up that ship.  This is where capture of ships from players is going to be nice.   You capture say a vets ship it might be completely unlocked.