Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PIerrick de Badas

Stair farming and skill slot

TXSailor    104
23 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

As a newcomer the 3 slots are unlocked by the time the player ranks up. There's no grinding, the slots get accessible naturally.

And those first three slots aren't what we're concerned about. It's the remaining two.

The Red Duke    5,951
1 hour ago, TXSailor said:

And those first three slots aren't what we're concerned about. It's the remaining two.

Correct me if I am wrong, Once you unlock the 3 slots your next ship can be pulled up to 5 ?

Sir Texas Sir    3,271
8 minutes ago, The Red Duke said:

Correct me if I am wrong, Once you unlock the 3 slots your next ship can be pulled up to 5 ?

I'll bet most folks won't stick around with some ships long enough as they level up to hit three.   That and when you move to the next it might not be the ship in line for that one you have to unlock.  Hint the fact we would like a tree to tell us what path you need to take.  We are making one our selves with the data we gather, but new players won't have that at this point. 

Most folks rush through ships as fast as they can until they can get to something bigger and better.  Than you got folks that will not go back into those ships once they get out of them.  Remember I'm not a casual player.   Though I have unlocked every thing from the lynx up to the Mercury and now doing the Renom so I can unlock the Surprise.  I been grinding all day though and most of yesterday.

The Red Duke    5,951

Let's say a average of 2 hours per day then, 1 week and sailing a Mercury brig or a Niagara and learning it . Not bad for a newcomer captain. Not bad at all.

Remus    603
4 hours ago, The Red Duke said:

Let's say a average of 2 hours per day then, 1 week and sailing a Mercury brig or a Niagara and learning it . Not bad for a newcomer captain. Not bad at all.

That seems pretty fair, and in that week you'll have gained enough xp to reach Master and Commander and want to get a Surprise or Renomee, so if the 'lower level ship knowledge' slot on the Surprise or Renomee were unlocked by this experience I expect you'd hear praise for a well-thought-out plan, rather than the torrent of criticism you are currently facing.

But this isn't how it works. I have forgotten where the unlocking list is posted so this is just a guess, but to unlock a Renomee requires a Mercury. Specifically a Mercury, not a 'Mercury or Niagara'. But the Mercury will require another First Lt ship - a Niagara perhaps, or a Navy Brig - and since fully learning just a Mercury will pretty much level you up through the rank, where do you find the time to sail the other ships? Then at Master and Commander if you find you prefer the Surprise to the Renomee well, tough. However much you sail a Surprise and whatever experience you gained in the Mercury, you still won't be able to unlock it without spending many hours in a Renomee as well.

Edited by Remus

The Red Duke    5,951

By the time you are in a Mercury you should be raiding enemy waters ? That's 3x the XP, should even be faster :)

But that's an assumption and each player has its own rhythm. Is not a day, is not a week, may not even be a month.