Preliminary patch 9.99 deployed to testbed server

jodgi    2,002
3 hours ago, NielsVisser said:

*Discourteous whining removed by moderators*

haha

Vernon Merrill    2,197
5 hours ago, NielsVisser said:

*Discourteous whining removed by moderators*

I sometimes wonder what the average age of people posting on the forums is...  people like this usually force me to drastically lower my number. 

Xyster    16

I am on the test server working my way solo and from a new beginning (no redeemables). After about 70 hours in I am ready to start crafting ships, I am craft level 6 now due to trade missions and one Lynx crafted. I am not seeing blue prints to craft a Trader Lynx, or the Trader Cutter. Is this missing from the Test Server?

Edit-After breaking up the Lynx I just crafted I received- 2x Cordage and Oakum,1x Tar, 1x Rigging Parts, it seems breaking up ships is not worthwhile in its current state.

Edited by Xyster

Pad Seayew    92
2 hours ago, Xyster said:

I am on the test server working my way solo and from a new beginning (no redeemables). After about 70 hours in I am ready to start crafting ships, I am craft level 6 now due to trade missions and one Lynx crafted. I am not seeing blue prints to craft a Trader Lynx, or the Trader Cutter. Is this missing from the Test Server?

Edit-After breaking up the Lynx I just crafted I received- 2x Cordage and Oakum,1x Tar, 1x Rigging Parts, it seems breaking up ships is not worthwhile in its current state.

70.......real life hours? 

Xyster    16
3 minutes ago, Pad Seayew said:

70.......real life hours? 

Indeed, I am not attempting to rush through any thing. Just testing things.

Xyster    16

Would it be possible to disable the ability of player in a foreign port to purchase a warship. I was traveling under a smuggler flag looking for a Surprise (could not find one in my own nations ports), found one in a port of another nation, bought it and the cannons to arm it, then found out I could not leave the port with the ship. 200k lesson learned, but may go over poorly on the live server.

Powderhorn    2,021
45 minutes ago, Xyster said:

Would it be possible to disable the ability of player in a foreign port to purchase a warship. I was traveling under a smuggler flag looking for a Surprise (could not find one in my own nations ports), found one in a port of another nation, bought it and the cannons to arm it, then found out I could not leave the port with the ship. 200k lesson learned, but may go over poorly on the live server.

Definitely a good idea.

Blackbrook    48
5 hours ago, Xyster said:

Did you try to put that ship to the fleet? I don't know about testbed, but that did work in the game long time ago, when I had to fetch two good ships from the conquered port couple of days after the port battle. Worth testing.

I think you should apply the same generic principles to this as to other smuggling. You can buy small ships, which you can smuggle out of the port with small crew, but you can't buy real warships (e.g. 4th rates and bigger), because there would be people asking  questions if some foreigner buys warships from your navy.

Edited by Blackbrook

Xyster    16
8 hours ago, Blackbrook said:

Did you try to put that ship to the fleet? I don't know about testbed, but that did work in the game long time ago, when I had to fetch two good ships from the conquered port couple of days after the port battle. Worth testing.

I think you should apply the same generic principles to this as to other smuggling. You can buy small ships, which you can smuggle out of the port with small crew, but you can't buy real warships (e.g. 4th rates and bigger), because there would be people asking  questions if some foreigner buys warships from your navy.

On the Test Server this does not work. You can only move ships into or out of your fleet while you are at one of your own outpost. While in a non-friendly port you can not change ships unless you sell the one you are sailing, and then purchase a new one.