Game-Labs Forum
Macjimm

Naval Action Arena Game

Macjimm    411
On 4/10/2017 at 4:11 AM, admin said:

everyone to the open world.

We are not going try to satisfy both audiences going forward. There is an audience that is here for long journeys and age of sail experience (chasing and running). And there is an audience that wants a nice brawl (an e-sport). 
If you want lobby battles you want a different game - a session based lobby age of sail shooter with no open world - which we are making in parallel. 

It is a little confusing what you mean here.  

• Do you intend to produce  a session based lobby age of sail shooter for the e-sport (nice brawl) audience?
  • And continue to finish the NA open world style game that will grant a higher priority to long journeys and the age of sail experience and encourage chasing and running?  

If so I compliment you and commend you.

I enjoy reading the forums.  Often I'm amazed a how diverse players values are.  But I have never understood how we can have an open world and make the priority "lots of fights, frequently with little or no waiting between matches".   It seems that if players only want to fight then we should have an arena where players can get together and fight.  Fight lots. Fight often.  OW just doesn't seem to fit the model where everything but battles are really low priority.  I'm not the only one who enjoys OW, trading and sailing.  

I just don't see how we can have a decent OW experience and ensure that players with very little patience can be assured of getting into a PvP fight within a few minutes, at any time of day, on both servers.

Simon Cadete    97

Well from everything I've read so far, open world will pretty much die in a short period of time. Most people have limited time to play ( no more than 4 hours a day) and they want to have some nice fights when they do play. Not everybody is either, retired, disabled or unemployed to play 15 hours a day to get all the resources and ships moved to where they have to be.

Just go back to your original focus which was Sea Trials and you guys made an amazing age of sail combat game. The best out there, no doubt about it. Open world is in my opinion doomed to fail because you just can't please anybody. The map is too big and the player base is too small. Sorry if I sound negative but I believe I'm just being realistic.

Maybe a single player Open World type of game with some kind of story or character development will be the future...

Rickard    288
1 minute ago, admin said:

Don't waste our time by unnecessary sarcasm, veiled trolling and pizza crap. If it happens again you will get banned. We value your contribution but everything comes to the end, We found that giving someone like you a minor break usually leads the whole thread to be trashed by trolls. 

lets get back to patch discussion. We recommend players trying to push off topic or sarcasm into development discussions to avoid that at all costs. 

hey admin just wanted to ask ; does the company work on getting a bigger team together to work on the game since there will soon be 2 games ??

Spitfire83    67

@admin just a quick couple of questions

..will you be developing arena style game alongside continued development of ow naval action.  How long do you think this will take I understand you have a small team my concern obviously being will one game take priority over the other with all changes being made to ow na.

Is it realistic to believe with the niche market this game attracts it is possible to fill 2 OW naval action servers and a arena style game. 

As for proposed changes well you deleted my critical analysis so I guess that speaks volumes...

Edited by Spitfire83

Rickard    288
1 minute ago, admin said:

The separate game we mentioned in comments is done by a separate team. Players who don't want to sail the open world will move to arena. Players who want only open world will stay here. Coca- Cola classic and coca cola light. It will work fine. 

Your analysis was deleted because you probably was quoting something off topic or because the thread had to be cleared from 300 posts.. If you feel your information was very important and related to the thread post it again. If you think it is important and not related to the thread post it elsewhere. This topic is about the patch for testbed - nothing else. 

as first thanks for your answer. i am a very realistic loving player and ofcourse will stick to the OW. 

Your analysis was deleted because you probably was quoting something off topic : regarding this you just deleted and gave me a warning a few minutes ago and i was quoting YOU, was it important probebly no but it was just a question basicly how you are gonna handle dev team management because of the second game now being developed wich was announced here.

Powderhorn    2,024

Admin hinted/stated that they are working on another Naval Action type game, and many of course have questions about it.  In order to declutter things, please post questions for it in this thread.  (I'll also be steadily merging posts into it as I find them.)

Liquicity    2,824

Alright I got a few questions

• Will there be some sort of lobby overview to see who wants to fight what battle with what type of ships which you can join and wait til enough players are found (similar to AoE's lobby system)

maxresdefault.jpg

• How will we be able to tweak the ships to our likings without being able to craft them as we want (what about perks)?
  • I hope you're not going to remove communication with opponents in that gamemode too?
  • Do you have an ETA on when this new game will be available?
  • Will there be some sort of leaderboard?
Edited by Liquicity

z4ys    1,345
5 hours ago, Liquicity said:

• Will there be some sort of lobby overview to see who wants to fight what battle with what type of ships which you can join and wait til enough players are found (similar to AoE's lobby system)
  Reveal hidden contents

maxresdefault.jpg

• How will we be able to tweak the ships to our likings without being able to craft them as we want (what about perks)?
  • I hope you're not going to remove communication with opponents in that gamemode too?

If its like ST then you pick a ship default inbuilds ship choose your armament like you do on test servers for pve kill events and press join battle, Trafalgar or duel. and hope for a good br matchmaking. 5 Lynx vs 1 snake ;-D

Edited by z4ys

admin    25,970
2 hours ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

What are your ideas to keep this game interesting long term and diverse?

Because its balanced pvp it will always be interesting. 

+ We will keep it simple. Tournaments with cash prizes. 

admin    25,970
7 hours ago, Rickard said:

hey admin just wanted to ask ; does the company work on getting a bigger team together to work on the game since there will soon be 2 games ??

second team works on the project (very small team)

6 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Reveal hidden contents

Because is skill based ships cant be tweaked. You level up (unlock) improvements but they are the same for everyone. 
Leader boards will be in game. 

admin    25,970
16 hours ago, Simon Cadete said:

Well from everything I've read so far, open world will pretty much die in a short period of time. Most people have limited time to play ( no more than 4 hours a day) and they want to have some nice fights when they do play. Not everybody is either, retired, disabled or unemployed to play 15 hours a day to get all the resources and ships moved to where they have to be.

It wont. People play "the hunter" and sit in bushes for hours. But then you wont be forced into open world if you want a quick battle. The balance of force in the universe will finally find peace. Hardcore unforgiving open world game will be balanced by an easy access lobby based age of sail battles. 

Daguse    430

I like the focus, it's definitely needed. Bring compelling and fun PVE to the OW and PvP will follow. Give people a reason to be in the OW and not just in their own nations waters.

@admin, I know your sick of players hair brained, half cocked ideas, but I know of several good ideas for engaging OW content. As well I'm sure others do as well. May be you can have ideas submitted to the team from the player base, you all review them and then allow us to vote on your top 3 or so picks. This allows player input in a controlled manner that helps the player base feel involved while still following your master plan. It also allows you to veto something of you just don't think it will work (see fine wood). 

Edited by Daguse

Simon Cadete    97

Well, I for one like the direction the game is going. For me it was always about the battles and I hated either ganking or getting ganked. To be hones, if I had to pick, getting ganked would be my choice ( more ships to shoot at and more exciting than shoot sails, masts and stern rake). I think it will make everybody happy, except for gankers. It will be a lot more work to gank people now. too much preparation required. I love it!

The only thing that I'm not too excited about is that I will lose the ability to trade with my alts to get crafting done because of the removal of chat in game.

One last thing, any idea on when the lobby based battles will come out?

Good job developers on finally taking drastic measures and doing what needs to be done regardless of what people will say. In the end, this is your game and we just play it.

17 minutes ago, Daguse said:

I like the focus, it's definitely needed. Bring compelling and fun PVE to the OW and PvP will follow. Give people a reason to be in the OW and not just in their own nations waters.

@admin, I know your sick of players hair brained, half cocked ideas, but I know of several good ideas for engaging OW content. As well I'm sure others do as well. May be you can have ideas submitted to the team from the player base, you all review them and then allow us to vote on your top 3 or so picks. This allows player input in a controlled manner that helps the player base feel involved while still following your master plan. It also allows you to veto something of you just don't think it will work (see fine wood). 

It was because of player input that fine woods were introduced and all this input of ideas from players has put us in the situation we're on. I think they should just do what they think works. We've basically have gone full circle from when open world first came out. Everything in between, even though it was a learning experience, just slowed down the whole process.

Ned Low    323
20 hours ago, admin said:

Because its balanced pvp it will always be interesting. 

+ We will keep it simple. Tournaments with cash prizes. 

Would you consider Dunking Donuts Gift Cards:D ?

Ukupanipo    17

Hmmm, arena game, something im looking forwards to, with limited time on my hands i dont have as much time any more to sit in the open world personally(and i dont want to spend my time with that right now), so definetely looking forwards to this! Hope to get it soon!

Macjimm    411

This just may be one the best development initiatives ever proposed for the game.

So much effort has been spent to create balanced combat and enable players to get into a fight really fast.  For so many players it seems that:

• Nothing is more important than the PvP fighting.  
  • Naval ACTION is about action.  
  • Realism sucks because it distracts from the main purpose (fighting).  
  • Sailing is a drag and is boring and every minute spent sailing is one less minute that people can enjoy fighting.  
  • What is the point and why would any want to play the game unless they are fighting or spend a short reasonable amount of time getting prepared to fight.  
  • And the key is balance.  It is a competition and the whole match has to be even and fair to allow players an equal opportunity for the players with the best skills to win.  
  • Winning and some type of quick reward is very important.  
  • Immersion is just icing on the combat cake and must always be secondary to having lots of balanced PvP fights very often with little or no waiting between matches.

Seem that a Naval ACTION Arena Game will be a huge improvement for easy access lobby based age of sail battles.  Trying to provide lots of balanced PvP fights, very often, with little of no waiting between matches is almost impossible in an open world environment.

This also will allow unlimited opportunities to improve the OW .  Suggestions that include sailing and travel won't be immediately shouted down and dismissed.  The game development can be expanded to include ideas other than those that will directly or indirectly improve fighting.

Edited by Macjimm

Macjimm    411
1 hour ago, Jœrnson said:

If you find sailing is boring don't play a sailing game. Simple.

Ah.  But someday those that find sailing boring will be able to play the "Naval ACTION Arena Game".  This will also be great for those who like sailing because development can explore and expand opportunities for sailing in "Open World Naval Action" without creating massive opposition from the players who are impatient to fight.  There will be plenty of fast and frequent fighting available in the "Naval ACTION Arena Game" so eager warriors won't have to bother with the tedium of "Open World Naval Action".58f07b2b64106_BlackjackMorganship.thumb.jpg.7736599b3dc74786fdd397d95663e129.jpg

karacho    30

So... is it true? Is it really true that the sea trials will be back? The game I played hours and hours and loved so much and that died in an open world will be back?

Will the dream come true again?

Edited by karacho

Simon Cadete    97

First of all, I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot. I'm not the best at posting or knowing the rules of the forums.

I just wanted to ask if there is an estimated date (ball park figure is fine) of when the arena type game is coming out. As of right now, I'm done with open world and all that comes with it. If it takes a long time to come out, I might eventually check the pve server. Want to challenge myself and see if I can build a 1st rate in a month! I'm thinking of getting about 150 pve marks a night!! lol

admin    25,970
1 hour ago, Simon Cadete said:

I might eventually check the pve server. Want to challenge myself and see if I can build a 1st rate in a month! I'm thinking of getting about 150 pve marks a night!! lol

We dont know yet. But testing will start in 2017