Game-Labs Forum

Keyboard Shortcuts List

Destraex

You just tap the opposite way once to centre it again.

Are you sure? I seems it switches to the other side.

EDIT: Problem solved: I had to disconnect my rudder pedals and restart game

And is it possible to lock it in a certain possition? That would be nice.

• Like 1

you can customize the settings in the launcher.

When you start the game heres this little launcher with the resolution setup and all.

This thing has a TAB where you can change any key you wish.

But some of those keybindings are not functional. Like self destruct and such.

Also you may keep a screenshot of the standart keybindings since there is no default to reset to.

There needs to be a button to reset the launcher settings to the default; just in case you start messing with them and forget what they were originally.

Btw.  What are the default settings?  Not asking for me, its for a "friend".  :rolleyes:

Along the same lines can we get an explaination of the various settings?   Why do there appear to be two sets of some items?  Some are self explainitory others not so much, like what is Rhea?

Double tap A or D for permanent left of right rudder setting

How to release full rudder?

It was almost impossible to play after I double tapped.

I found my problem. I had my rudder pedals connected. I had to remove them and restart game to resolve the problem.

One tap on A or D the opposite way centers rudder.

Right now the game controls are not optimized yet, so BEWARE OF CONNECTED GAME DEVICES.

Joysticks, Controllers, Logitech G13, and Wheels can all mess up rudder controls.

I was able to simply reboot and got them working again but possibly you need to disconnect them.

It presumably depends on the individual settings and controller's configurable profiles.

It's different than the normal sail settings. Fairly slow setting, but the sails set should offer good maneuverability especially with manual yard control. Hopefully in future the setting will have additional benefits, including lower chance of fires.

It's different than the normal sail settings. Fairly slow setting, but the sails set should offer good maneuverability especially with manual yard control. Hopefully in future the setting will have additional benefits, including lower chance of fires.

I hope that they make battle sails a modification to the other sail settings, so we can get battle sails with t'gallants set, for more speed.

Currently it makes you too slow and sluggish to be really useful?

I would still like to know if there is a way to re-set my key config (remove a file or something of the sort) the reason being the first time I mucked it up and have bound the END key to Fire3 (not sure what that relates to at this time).

On the bright side of things I have mapped all of the essential keys to my G5 gaming mouse, sails up/down/battle sails :) works like a dream.

I have also bound my tilt left/tilt right mouse buttons to full broadside [ & ] the problem is that the [ is not recognised and reverts to the standard 5 (if survive).

Manual sail settings I have mapped to my numeric keyboard (still working on the tacking sequence).

Things to consider (I'm a left hand mouse sailor).

Reverse up/down mouse axis.

Allow full key re-binds (including [ & ]).

And a simple re-set option.

I expect all this is "coming soon" or later in development and perhaps more.

Have been playing since last Friday and thoroughly enjoying everything the game has to offer at this early time of development.

Have some beans_03.png on my behalf...

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, 

Using a AZERTY layout keyboard i had to switch some controls , then i wanted to switch the aim single shot canon and full broadside shot, shooting one single shot using the mouse left click and full broadside using the space-bar feel more intuitive to me so i turned everything in the launcher input settings having "space" as command into "left click" , and everything having left click set to space ....

Result is i get the full broadside canons working when pressing space but not anymore the single canon shot, it doesn't work with the left mouse click like i wanted, tried to invert the inputs in the launcher to restore how they were before but still not working in game.

After struggling a bit to find where was stored the keybinds it appears that they are directly registered inside the windows registry, at this key :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DefaultCompany\Naval Action] 

Made a backup of my game using the steam tool for this, then un-instaled it, deleted manually the registry key and then installed the game again using the backup and it restored the defaults input settings.

In case someone need the default settings, i leave them here, might help someone in the future  : 

136752Default.png

Now i would like to know which is the exact registry entry for the single canon shot please , no matter if i have to manually add it or edit the control associated to it in the windows registry.

69851620141227023353cr.png

Having to make a pve match each time to test the changes is not really the easy way, so if a Dev can tell me what is the exact registry entry for the single shot of canons so i can add it or edit it manually in registry please ( unless it is hard coded maybe ? ) 

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Jump   Joystick Button 3 !!!!!? :)

The mind boggles.

Why no spell check on this forum?

Yes ... Jump, for some unknown reason.

As for the spell check if it's for me , I'm sorry English is not my native language, so there might be some typos :P

Still trying to figure out how to get the single shot canon working with left click for now, maybe i missed something but for now i can't get it to work  :/

Oh no worries and thanks but what i am trying to do is set the space bar for full salvo, this i got it working ,and for the single shot use the mouse left click, and no matter what i try i can't get it to work.

Using the mouse left click for adjusting the single shot feels more convenient to me than using the space bar.

Yeah i give up for now, changed what i needed with my AZERTY layout keyboard and kept the single shot and salvo as they were as it's barely possible to test quickly the changes, I hope a Dev will see this an maybe add a clear option in the launcher inputs or tell directly what regekey i need to edit or add directly in the windows registry. 

At least now i know how to reset keys to default and where they are stored, that's already something :P