Game-Labs Forum
Æthlstan

Chronicles of Elyria

Æthlstan    266

These guys are pushing a great basic development model. It would be nice to apply a few of their ideas to Naval Action

Edit: use this thread to talk about CoE, and the other to discuss what  ideas we can apply to Naval Action

Edited by Æthlstan

Æthlstan    266

I really liked what they had to say about not focusing on end game content, rather making an experience where players of all experience levels can feel useful. 

Among other things. Dont want to quote the whole video lol

Rickard    311

Great video ! lets hope the devs can learn somethink from those developers and there system.

also, THAT GAME LOOKS REALY AWSOME !!

Rickard    311
1 hour ago, Æthlstan said:

Well, if you wanna help me out....

Friend Code:5A16EC

:)

already signed up 

Æthlstan    266
39 minutes ago, Rickard said:

already signed up 

Alright no big deal. 

Theres no way to add it after sign up so dont worry about it.

Unless you really really want to and you plan on buying a package, the only way to use my code would be to delete the account and remake it....

While I would apprecriate that i dont expect it

Rickard    311
22 hours ago, Æthlstan said:

Alright no big deal. 

Theres no way to add it after sign up so dont worry about it.

Unless you really really want to and you plan on buying a package, the only way to use my code would be to delete the account and remake it....

While I would apprecriate that i dont expect it

haha sorry i also already purchased the adventure pack

Rickard    311

if anybody else is gonna sign up to Chronicles of Elyria feel free to use my Friend code : 5ED178

Kind Regards ; Rickard 

From the website;

[...] advanced, AI controlled story-engine which is constantly monitoring the state of the world. Player actions such as killing another character, amassing too much wealth, and getting lost in the desert brings the AI to life [...]

Can someone call Sarah Connor?

While it certainly looks awesome, given the amount of such ambitious games that failed to deliver, i'll wait to see the final product before having too much hope for yet another amazing ground shaking revolutionary epic game-changing still in development fairy dust.

Creating offline character behaviour seems like great fun, albeit it also sounds vulnerable to exploits/hacks.

Magic affecting less than 5% of players? That sounds extremely interesting.

My only real issue is that it really encourages players to be active, stuff like dying offline or loosing land offline makes me cringe.

Costanius    12

I'm a pledged mayor in Chronicles of Elyria and its one of the very few promising upcoming MMOs so I support it and hope it'll turn out as planned. But development just started, it still has a long way to go!

When they'll implement ships and ocean travel in CoE later on I hope they will learn and get inspiration from Naval Action! :)

Rickard    311

new episode of the dev team Q&A for chronicles of Elyria

Edited by Rickard

Rickard    311
On 28-4-2017 at 2:44 PM, Ned Low said:

When is this game releasing? 

they dont have a ETA yet sadly but i would think in about 2 mayby 3 years.

but in the mean time backers of the project can join betas for the 3 main programms they will use to controll the game

(control as in : Kings ,dukes, barons and mayors who controll the kingdoms ,duchys ,citys and small towns and organisations)

Edited by Rickard

Æthlstan    266
23 hours ago, Rickard said:

they dont have a ETA yet sadly but i would think in about 2 mayby 3 years.

but in the mean time backers of the project can already join betas for the 3 main programms they will use to controll the game

(control as in : Kings ,dukes, barons and mayors who controll the kingdoms ,duchys ,citys and small towns and organisations)

@Rickard @Ned Low @Captain Jean-Luc Picard @AngryPanCake No play experiences are out quite yet. 

We are waiting on Pre-Alpha experiences first. These will include a single player prologue, and 2 linked experiences: a 2D MUD (multi-user dungeon) and Kingdoms of Elyria.

The 2D MUD will be like a 2D RPG, and Kingdoms of Elyria will be like an RTS for those with titles. Nobles and aristocracy will manage their lands and give orders through KoE, and it will look like an RTS game, except you cant really control your units 100% because they are actually real people.

For a much better and more in depth explanation of this, see the following link:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/17384/DJ-19-PreAlpha-Experiences

On 4/19/2017 at 6:42 AM, Costanius said:

When they'll implement ships and ocean travel in CoE later on I hope they will learn and get inspiration from Naval Action! :)

@Costanius

At launch, we will have river craft, but traveling the oceans to other continents will be impossible. Players will have to research better and bigger ships in order to discover new continents, as at launch all the kingdoms will be starting on the same continent, leaving room for colonization later on. We will probably see ocean going galleys and galleons first, with ballistae and other such weapons, later followed by black powder weapons.

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/blog/1109/DJ-13-Technology-Research

^See the above link for more information on how player driven technology works^

They are going on a major fundraising campaign/kickstarter anniversary celebration, so now may be a good time for those interested to jump in. You can always get a base package to get your foot in the door, and upgrade later.

Here is the link with more information on all the goodies we can get:

https://chroniclesofelyria.com/forum/topic/18789/celebrate-our-kickstarterversary#post199549

If you are looking for a town to join, one of my naval action buddies has a town, and he is already in a duchy/kingdom. PM me for more details, or find me on Discord: @Aethlstan#1621

As always, if you make an account on their website, be sure to put in someones friend code, it helps them a lot. Mine is 5A16EC

thanks!

Edited by Æthlstan

The interface looks a lot like World of Warcraft or LOTR MMORPG. I think the whole dying offline can really give an edge when compared to other similar games.

Primus    42

I actually help run one of the kingdoms for CoE and we have an active group that does play some Naval Action. If you are interested please do check out my site. (I am looking at being a county witht he focus of ship building :))

http://saffira.duchyofsingraven.net/

Any questions be sure to just join my discord and you can drop me a line on there :) https://discord.gg/P7vJewK

Macjimm    477

"In a lot of MMO's they automate things (such as fast travel, or mail systems) to make the game go by faster,  what we want to do with Chronicles of Elyria is to slow the game down again ... give you an opportunity to travel from point A to Point B, to stop and make camp for the night."   Jeromy Walsh 

I imagine that the NA players who complain about the slow sailing in NA will hate this game.

Rickard    311
9 hours ago, Macjimm said:

"In a lot of MMO's they automate things (such as fast travel, or mail systems) to make the game go by faster,  what we want to do with Chronicles of Elyria is to slow the game down again ... give you an opportunity to travel from point A to Point B, to stop and make camp for the night."   Jeromy Walsh 

I imagine that the NA players who complain about the slow sailing in NA will hate this game.

haha yeah, CoE is gonna be the most awesome game ever!!