Game-Labs Forum

Transparency of Marketing Strategy of Naval Action

Hello Dear Developers,

please let me know how your Marketing Strategy will occur in the future of this game. After talking to a lot of core-players of Naval Action I made my mind up to ask you how much new contence you will provide into this game ?

First of all I still see a lot of potential in this game but what I miss are:

1. improvements regarding to the ergonomic level of menues for crafting ships, conquest information, etc.. It is still too much micro-management in my view. Here I am hoping you are fitting it more ergonomic and in a better graphical shape.

2. new creative contence in the game, which make the players stick to the game (in the last month there was happening not very much :( ). At the moment numbers of playerbase dramatically decrease.

3. more precise, detailed informations about occuring game-changes. For example the assets wipe which was shortly announced: I wondered if the "extraordinary" blueprints (L'Ocean, Aggamemnon, Heavy Rattlesnake and Pirate Frigate )  will still stick to the players or will be wiped also, What about the conquest map? Will it wiped also?

4. Why dividing a player base on different servers, when the numbers of the player base is dropping? That does not make any sense in my view.

I hope you will keep my thoughts in mind for your creative efforts in this outstanding game.

Best Regards

Donjuan

Edited by Donjuan Dimarco
  • Like 6

Naval Action does not have any addictive content yet. Game is very flat as it is. Great addictive content could be :

-Daily Missions

-Achievements

-Treasure Hunts

-Leaderboards

-PvP Ranks

-Daily, Weekly, Monthly rewards

-Collections. Collect them all and unlock Awesome Items.

-Loot, Junk, Chests and Keys and Missions connected to them

-Rare Drops from NPCs

-Reputation with Every Nation

-Advanced Market tool that would let players see all listing around the world. 

-Gift system (Friends send random gifts to each other after log in)

-Log in and play for 1 hour and get rewards, log in every day for 30 days and get an epic Item.

Ex. Let's say we added Port Battle Supplies. Players who visit Port battle get supplies. They also depend on Victory (10 for Defeat, 20 for Victory). All players get something. PB Supplies can be used to upgrade Port Defenses and must be deposited in large quantities.  This means team work and nation effort. Not only that I can add damage done by Defeat. Port infrastructure will fall slowly after each Raid or Defeat, but if nation owns enough PB Supplies they can quickly restore their ports.

(West flank was very unsuccessful, however we seized a vast amount of ports from east flank and earned many PB Supplies. We will use these supplies to fortify our damaged infrastructure on West) 

Here I connected 1 item to PB, Port infrastructure, Rewards. This means I attracted some player base and set the ultimate goal for them that will keep players busy for a long time. In addition many players will now be interested to go to Port Battles and help, get rewards and be famous. 

I can keep going... but this is what Naval Action is missing. Game will die shortly after release if Devs won't have at least half of what is listed here. Just my prediction. You simply can't run a successful MMO without these. I hope you can read this Dear Devs. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 7

Totally Agree.

What keeps the most players playing a game is the competetive aspect (e.g. cs:go matchmaking, League rank, etc.). You always want to improve yourself, get better, get a higher rank. This is what kept me playing csgo for almost 2k hours.
Have some sort of PvP-reputation rank system, which encourages players to become better and therefore keep playing. Really hope they're going to add something similar at some point. :)

• Like 1

On the subject of marketing, there is currently an ad on Google for Naval Action, I've never seen it before.

It says:

"Captains wanted for ultimate age of sail experience! Enlist today!  Capture Ports · Be A Pirate · Trade Goods"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, captain pips said:

@ ned loe.this is exactly what it needs.even if you love the setting and enoy the game,it`s getting kind of boring after a while.i spent nearly 2k hours in the game,but it`s sometimes really hard to find some motivation.

Even simple reward system like:

reach rank 1 (Reward - 50k). 

reach rank 2 (Reward - 100k and 1 Treasure Chest Key). 

reach rank 3 (Reward - 150k and 2 keys)

etc..

New players will see that there is a reward for every effort and time spent in the game. They will stay and play and if Devs introduce updated rewards (pvp, pb, NPCs, trade..) on monthly basis they are Golden. 

Edited by Ned Loe
  • Like 1

i remember the govenours missions from sid meyers pirates:find and kill the infamous pirate xy roaming the coast of xy and you got rewarded by a piece of a treasure map.

perhaps possible to create something similar with an elite npc,which you can just attack as a solo player with similar br and  without fleetships.

just another idea....

• Like 1