Game-Labs Forum

PvP1 -> PvP2 (aka Global) nation changes after the wipe

1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I know what you mean...  there were 9 players online on PvP2 at 7:30am eastern USA time.  That is the lowest I have ever seen since I started playing this game mid 2016.

Even worse, some of those were probably alts...

Interestingly, our clan is getting players online - but most are only coming on for crafting and then leaving.  A few are frantically running missions to level their captain.  This last week we've have 17 players online out of 38 total players.  That is about average for us over the past 4+ weeks.  So I think the numbers will come back quickly providing the wipe happens in April.

This morning there was actually more on test than was on PvP2....11.    Though what sucks is the big carebear alliance is taking advantage of this and rolling every one.  Mark my word they won't stop at Pirates either.   Though really I see no reason to fight over regions when we are down to 3-6 logging in a night cause every one is waiting on the patch.  Would be nice if they break the alliances now before hand just to have fun like they did with the 5 min timers for OW battles.

Well regarding alliances you can have it one way or another not both so please stop with the constant complaining. You either have the option for US/British or you have the Pirate/Dane way of doing things. No matter what way you want to approach this SOMEONE is going to have an issue if alliances are able to be formed and forced upon a nation making it where EVERYONE in that nation has to follow the same decision even if it was not one they wanted. There are going to be many things that have 2 sides and no matter what they will always be pro's and con's to each. Alliances, Friendly fire, Alts, After battle options, Open world speed....etc etc etc... What needs to happen is simply deciding if you want a feature in or out, not tweaked like crazy towards a specific agenda. If someone moves one of these things towards a specific idea then it will be moving away from another that may be just as valid from a different perspective. So how about we begin summarizing the items instead of arguing about them and DISCUSS the items instead of rant about them (Yes I know I am guilty of it as well but I will try to take a step back and have an open mind). To start things off here is a little of what i know of each so far.

Alliances: Pro - allows other nation to assist in port battles and missions. Sharing ports and resources. Con - Can cause an imbalance in the number of players that are united against the rest of the populace.

Friendly Fire: Pro Allows a faction to intercept and destroy spies / saboteurs. Con - Opens up for griefing where one player can hunt new players (granted, but see Pro side of same item)

Alts: No real argument here as there is no real solution / problem actually with someone having more than one account. A person can do the same with the single account they have as well and get labeled as an alt even though it would be inaccurate.

After Battle options: Return to Friendly port: Pro - prevents griefing and "camping a location" Con - allows a player to escape battle and "warp" some distance away from pursuit.

Open world speed increase: Pro takes less time to get from one location to another. (I have not seen anything that suggests that this applied towards one class of ship only. Therefor this is a topic that should not be argued about as every ship received the boost. Without the boost the situation would have been the same just taking a lot longer.)

Please refrain from flaming. 

7 hours ago, monk33y said:

For all this talk on here, naval action as a game is utterly pointless until we get the promised wipe. 

Look at the population on pvp1! I don't think iv seen it above 200 since the announcement. 

We are all taking a breath awaiting the new Dawn (I just hope people return) 

Well its not pointless if you can still reach highest level in crafting or rank up the officer,or just enjoy pvp at Navasse :)

Most players are on "vacation"..playing other games or just taking break. So far so good.

Why is everybody so focused on numbers.....

I agree I'm playing black desert online until this gets launched then I'll see what the clan does and where we go.

And for the arsehat who jumped on me. They have announced allies are suspended from now on!!!

Edited by monk33y

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really glad that we're merging servers or getting more and specially, different players. It got old beating on carebears for the past 3 or 4 months. It made me worse at pvp! 

Looking forward to fight against and with players that actually know how to pvp. 

We'll see how the players will spread throughout the different nations so I know which one to join. Balance will be the most important thing.

And lastly, developers, please do something with the pirates so that they are either a nation or not. This in between situation sucks.

Well not a fan of pirate vs. pirate instances being open for 90 minutes....combined with the removal of alliances....and this pirate is most likely switching to US after the wipe. Currently on PvP 1 server but I'm guessing I'll be sailing on Global after the wipe. Of course if everyone is on EU than I will sail there. It pains me a bit to leave the pirate flag but after the patch there is not a single interesting or different playstyle to sailing as one that I'm aware of.....So heeeeellllloooo US!

8 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

Well not a fan of pirate vs. pirate instances being open for 90 minutes....combined with the removal of alliances....and this pirate is most likely switching to US after the wipe. Currently on PvP 1 server but I'm guessing I'll be sailing on Global after the wipe. Of course if everyone is on EU than I will sail there. It pains me a bit to leave the pirate flag but after the patch there is not a single interesting or different playstyle to sailing as one that I'm aware of.....So heeeeellllloooo US!

Dutch, French, Swedish need more people. Not the US on global.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackjack Morgan said:

Well I suggest they start recruiting...

Who? It is rare to find a new player in those factions. Most individuals join US, GB, or Pirates. Dutch is lucky to get a new player every two weeks. Having them stick around is another story. If you have payed any attention about global you would have come to the same conclusion. Have fun though trying to get into port battles.

Edited by Davos Seasworth

5 minutes ago, Davos Seasworth said:

Who? It is rare to find a new player in those factions. Most individuals join US, GB, or Pirates. Dutch is lucky to get a new player every two weeks. Having them stick around is another story. If you have payed any attention about global you would have come to the same conclusion. Have fun though trying to get into port battles.

Well luckily I don't do port battles. I understand the frustration of Danes or Swedes being low on population but I didn't create the game.