Game-Labs Forum

Important news: First full asset wipe & Exclusive early access frigate.

4 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Plus the Pandora has the looks. Classy as the Cerberus. Good rounded lines like a May pinup.

But is it going to be only released when the game goes live or will we get it sooner?   I figure it would be something we won't see until the game goes live. 

I'm game for any new little frigates.  That reminds me I need to pull the stats on it and look at it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Pandora_(1779)

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Siegfried said:

Mi interpretation is all including  the map and BPs will be reset. All but Xp and crafting XP. 

Okay - I'm going to be selfish and hope they don't wipe the BP's. But I am left wondering about the BP drop rate with ship quality levels gone... 

Oh crap - I think I just made an argument for wiping them. :blink:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Angus McGregor said:

Okay - I'm going to be selfish and hope they don't wipe the BP's. But I am left wondering about the BP drop rate with ship quality levels gone... 

Oh crap - I think I just made an argument for wiping them. :blink:

You found that because of they actually.

( lack of on purpose )

56 minutes ago, airwolf666 said:

no point in doing anything with this game till the wipe comes, why waste time trading, or pb, or crafting, whats the use? testing for over a year only to see all we have gotten gone and start from scratch, again. oh well, ill be back in a month to see what if anything has gotten better before i decide to delete this game and go look for something else to waste my time on! while some will like the complete wipe, there will be many more who will not and hence we will see, once again, players dropping away. add this to the combined server and seperate serves, i do not see this game ever going to full release. at least i only wasted $40 cash. wonder how world of warships is doing, guess ill be checking back in there again!

See you after release. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Captain Alexander said:

@admin Are we getting a 30min cooldown after logging out at this update? Actually it doesn't matter because most of them going to be on another server so they can log off in front of eachother ports. :P

You will be able to follow the testbed patch and read what is coming :)

My beloved Cerberus Blueprint, nooo !!! After years of research and hard craftsmanship i finally managed to get the know how of making the Cerberus. This world is so cruel !!

Awesome:) A fresh start is best, since the inflationlevels are huge and money lost its value which is quite hard for newer players to compete in this game.  Looking forward to the wipe and changes, keep it up!

• Like 2

btw, is there a possibility for the remaining month to have some wacky patch? i'd like to see the community do weird fun stuff instead of fighting and being toxic.

1v1 battle instance, or 3v3 instances only. Perhaps for the newer players that never had the chance, a redeemable santi:D

• Like 2

Funny how the 4 redeemables are mentioned under bad news :lol:. Great idea, the best time I had in this game, was with pb's against France, where we and them had one first rate. They where so scarce, hardly anyone could craft them and most where to fond of them to jeopardize them. Great times. All Trinco/3rd rate battles. Something being scarce makes them more special imo.

Good idea to get rid of everything, makes the game a lot more interesting. Especially for the starting players.

Cheers.

• Like 1

I know that this may have been the result of some other player's suggestion... but: why do we have a test bed server for the alpha test production environment again? 

If we are going to make sweeping changes, I would rather we get them over with (and spare the extra effort of maintaining different environments).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karpfanger said:

full wipe  .. ok  ... its EA ... and wipes are ok ... but I don't like/need to test my luck to get rare BPs ... we should be able to craft and test all ships ... so if the BP-system will be change to this, its ok for me ... 

I think its not based on luck anymore, more like "win 5 PBs to unlock lOcean BP" quests. Dont ask me where I read that tho, somewhere in the russian forum section^^

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

Just now, Cornelis Evertsen de Oude said:

Funny how the 4 redeemables are mentioned under bad news :lol:. Great idea, the best time I had in this game, was with pb's against France, where we and them had one first rate. They where so scarce, hardly anyone could craft them and most where to fond of them to jeopardize them. Great times. All Trinco/3rd rate battles. Something being scarce makes them more special imo.

Good idea to get rid of everything, makes the game a lot more interesting. Especially for the starting players.

Cheers.

The day I scouted and the Danes had 4 !!! four Victories... was like seeing the death star... the world was coming down on us.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, admin said:

Pandora - beautiful, fast and agile light frigate famous for the search for the Bounty after her mutiny. 
veKKwIC.jpg

The ship will be delivered on release of the game or maybe earlier (for testing). It will be added to redeemables in one of two forms (we do not yet know which and will provide more information on this closer to release) un-tradeable permanent blueprint, or an eternal redeemable ship similar to the yacht. 

I would vote for those that got the yacht and any ships like this that are special for testers should be the un-tradeable permanent blueprints.   Cause to be honest I would prefer to make them my style than some radnom or dev picked build.   As long as they are not OP ships and maybe just reskin of other ships there shouldn't be an issue.  This ship kinda makes me think of a lighter Niagria as it has 9 lbrs and about the same gun lay out.   I like my small ships so this should be fun to test when it is released.  Along with any other ships still in plans to be released.

• Like 2

Gonna go for the gold here, Can we also get a map wipe and a resource rebalance?  I understand that it was done with realistic resource locations but i hope most of us can agree that it made the emphasis on cretin ports in RvR a bit much.  An alliance having only one strong hull region for example makes them vulnerable to being knocked out of the RvR game.  And i understand that some changes (no more fine woods, and regional trim notes) may make this less of a problem, i would still like to see the eastern alliance get some live oak closer to home among other things.

A bit more far fetched but i would also like to see some capitals moved, Spanish to vera cruz maybe and British to Belize, or even the french to new orleans (a bit more outlandish) this would be to give a bit more room for expansion to the danes swedes and french before they crash in to each other.  This would also leave the islands, Jamaica Haiti and Cuba to be the war-zone in the middle of the map that we all fight over.  This clearly won't work though if the gulf is to be made in to a PvP zone.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TaranisPrime said:

I know that this may have been the result of some other player's suggestion... but: why do we have a test bed server for the alpha test production environment again? 

If we are going to make sweeping changes, I would rather we get them over with (and spare the extra effort of maintaining different environments).

Agreed - most players will probably lay low until after the wipe anyway. Why keep dead primary servers going with existing version of NA?

4 minutes ago, TaranisPrime said:

While they do internal testing it allows us to test a patch right before it goes live to catch any last moment things they might of missed or so tweeks can be made with a smaller population and not a large one.  That and they can control the environment of the testbed without effecting the players.  Like limiting resources and giving you only certain builds.

Crafting level remains. Hence the ability to build ships.

As the entire system is under rework the ships schematics ( BPs ) will be readily available by crafting experience, basically becoming redundant.

Notable exception being the Admiralty ships.

• Like 7

As others have said, it'd be great to have the nation list with the number of players currently enrolled on the player creation screen.  Maybe people will spread out on their own with the new server.

Looking forward to the changes.

• Like 1