Game-Labs Forum

Overloaded Trading Lynx

ciccseven

Question

Question: I tagged a Trader Lynx and engage in capturing him. Once in the after battle screen I saw that his ship was available and 400+/- Mahogany Logs. (can't remember the exact number) so seeing that my Privateer did not have enough hold for all that cargo, I switched ship command, and sent my Privateer to outpost. Then put the Logs back into the Trader Lynx hold, when upon my surprise the Logs did not fit???? 410 was the hold and 550+/- was the logs space requirement....

I ask you: Why was the Trader lynx able to carry all those logs and now when I wanted to carry them back, there was an Overloaded Hold???? (I had nothing else in the hold except what was on the Trader)

P.S. I know this is stupid and I really don't care, but am I missing something here??

Thanks - Love the game!!!! :P

~ Seven

• Like 1

6 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, ciccseven said:

I ask you: Why was the Trader lynx able to carry all those logs and now when I wanted to carry them back, there was an Overloaded Hold???? (I had nothing else in the hold except what was on the Trader)

The poor deceased captain of that Trader Lynx had the hold optimization perk turned on so that he could carry more stuff than you can. At least that's the explanation I have seen before. I think it's a "bug".

• Like 1

Them AI are gettin' smarter and smarter. I think they've invented there own perks, now enjoying a 30 hour work week, maternity AND paternity leave, and universal health care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot said:

those holds are not optimized to 20%... more like 4x the capacity of holds.

Well my other theory is they are carrying some dehydrated goods which reconstitute from leaks during the battle. Or, again, it may be a bug. Lol