Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

HUGE PENETRATION HOLES !

if+you+know+what+i+mean.jpg

Anyway, when people get painted with penetration/impact decals and then you happen to reload/rejoin the game after a crash or just alt + f4, the old penetration textures will get enlarged by a quadzillion, but newer registered hits will still be shown with tiny ass 7.62mm holes.

uploaded a few screenies for your convinience http://imgur.com/a/gxO10

DxDiag stuff:

Win 7 64bit

8 gig ram

Radeon 6800 HD series vid card (museum stuff, I know)

i5 cpu 760 @ 2.80GHz

(I actually like the big ones, its a nice way of tellin a damaged ship from a distance w/o relying on health bars since we dont have fires + partial destruction models (yet?  :D))

Posting here so community guys can yell at me if its known or attempt to confirm it on their machines as well to eliminate the NEBS ITS YOUR POTATO AT FAULT NOT THE GAYM 

• 2 weeks later...

There's a minimap bug with boarded ships.

The side of boarded ship doesn't update and if your ally boards someone, captured ship will still be shown as hostile on the minimap.

PrezesOi captured other Constitution and ship was still hostile on the minimap after boarding.wu4iz9.jpg

Had an issue yesterday.  Did a bug report in game, game froze up for a few seconds, then started working again.  Instead of saying report send successfully it said "Error #11

I've had this issue since the last patch and other update file. Game load normally, runs normally, then total lockup for about 3 to 5 seconds. Resumes running normally for some random period of about 30 to 45 seconds, then the freeze again. This pattern repeats as long as the match is going on.

I've looked at any other changes and there are none. All other games, solo offline and MMO multiplayerr online all work normally. Naval action since the last update is the only one.

Just finished a match in PvE with my Surprise along with a Snow against a Trincomalee, Snow and Brig. Within a minute of the cannon shot commencing the Brig sank. I didn't see how much damage it had taken but it can't have been a lot. Next I fired a few shots at the Trincomalee and even thought it had only taken minor damage it sank within minutes. The Snow behaved normally, finally succumbing to fire after losing all it port side armor. I placed an F11 bug report but has anyone else seen this strange behavior? I'm playing on the 4th Feb update.

First Issue - Constitution progress reset after patch

Pre new ship patch I had a Constitution with about 115,000 damage toward a Bellona.

After the patch, before I unlocked the new ships, the information was the same.

I play for the last two days, unlock all new ships, get back to Constitution.

After playing 1 game with Constitution, check progress, all previous damage that I had on Constitution is GONE. Statistics/game history states 1 game only played on Constitution, which is wrong because I had nearly 115,000 damage toward a Bellona pre-patch. 

It seems after playing the Constitution for the first time AFTER the patch, it reset all progress. 

Second issue:

Cerberus' rear cannon seems to act up and fire directly at the water about 50% of the time. Very inconsistent and difficult to manage.

The only thing I can think of was some shots went through the sails and hit multiple sails/masts either of the same ship or different ships.  I think I have noticed this if you shoot through multiple ships' sails and masts.

Edited by Prater

Yeah, you probably hit a staysail and then a topsail. Or the spritsail and then the bowsprit. So the game is actually counting misses and hits, not initial shots.

Global damage is probably how the game resolves unsynchronized hits where the server drops the packet and doesn't know where the ball landed.

Checked Server Status, Status is On. I get Connection error repeatedly. Checked and validated files, no issues. 

Was thrown out of PVE Mid Match have only been thrown out one other time of a match and I managed to reconnect no problem. This time I am not able to connect. I do not know if this is a repeatable issue with others as I could not see anything elsewhere other than advice to check server status which I duly did before posting this. 

Smooth run on test, barring one disconnect I could trace to my end; since before this. Will keep on trying to reconnect,  I do not know if it has blocked my return to the instance due to a programmed rule on reconnection?

Update 1: It appears to be a shared issue so it points to the Server being taken off line.  Have not encountered others commenting that they are still in though a few are ambiguous about their connection status.

Edited by Modern Major General