Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Technical problems and bugs

Recommended Posts

Ink    2,338
1 minute ago, OneSpartan said:

Hi,

Just bought the game on steam. I have to use 32 bit version. I can run OK until I try to sail. Press sail and I get a splash picture then it crashes!

No idea what to do from here.

Mike

To clarify, you run second option on Steam Launcher "Play Naval Action Beta (x86)? What are PC specs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338
On 17.12.2016 at 6:28 PM, OneSpartan said:

Yes. I select the second option because my OS is 32bit.

Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1

Intel Quad CPU Q6600 at 2.4Ghz

4Gb Ram

Nvidia GT430

Unfortunately 32 bit OS is barely supported but here are few tips:

1) Make sure you have installed Redistributable Packages that needed to run the game.
2) Upgrade GPU drivers or make a clean install.
3) Try to set lowest graphics settings to check if it works.

Hope the issue will be solved after those tips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
climbatiz    0

поймал на днях 2 бутылки!!!заюзал обе...в итоге на карте отображается только одна бутылка!!!!2я просто исчезла....не кажется ли вам что это бред!!!что юзаешь 2 бутылки одна пропадает 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338
7 hours ago, climbatiz said:

поймал на днях 2 бутылки!!!заюзал обе...в итоге на карте отображается только одна бутылка!!!!2я просто исчезла....не кажется ли вам что это бред!!!что юзаешь 2 бутылки одна пропадает 

Спасибо за фидбек. На данный момент следует открывать бутылки поочередно, возможно поменяется в будущем

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This might have been mentioned before. Hard to navigate using my phone through all the posts on this thread. So I apologize ahead of time if I missed the solution to my issue from a previous post. 

 

My issue is the friend request and clan invite seem to not work consistently. I would click the button but the person would not receive the invitation/request.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jean Ribault    837

NA friend invites used to only work for your own faction.  If you sent to another faction player, the invite would appear to go but would never be received.  I believe they were modified in Q4-2016 to allow you to invite allies as NA friends also, and probably still works only this way.  Not sure about how pirate invites work.

Invites to clan are obviously your own faction.  What problem are you having with that, I've never seen any?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

NA friend invites used to only work for your own faction.  If you sent to another faction player, the invite would appear to go but would never be received.  I believe they were modified in Q4-2016 to allow you to invite allies as NA friends also, and probably still works only this way.  Not sure about how pirate invites work.

Invites to clan are obviously your own faction.  What problem are you having with that, I've never seen any?

Thank you, this is most helpful. 

 

For clan invites on occasion I would send out an invite and they would say they never receive one. I would have to spam the button till they receive one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
van der Decken    471

I have an issue with my Keys. When I press Q, D, C, the C button does not work. It is as though these three keys are for some reason tied together. I have to double tap C or Q to be able to do the moves together. Is this a problem with game setting, or (more likely) my keyboard, and how would I fix this? It's a year old Toshiba laptop, the keyboard is definitely clean with nothing stuck in the keys, and it's been doing this since I bought it. TY for any advice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, van der Decken said:

I have an issue with my Keys. When I press Q, D, C, the C button does not work. It is as though these three keys are for some reason tied together. I have to double tap C or Q to be able to do the moves together. Is this a problem with game setting, or (more likely) my keyboard, and how would I fix this? It's a year old Toshiba laptop, the keyboard is definitely clean with nothing stuck in the keys, and it's been doing this since I bought it. TY for any advice.

I have a custom made desktop and on occasion when I want to close out of the Open World map, "M" key does not work. I would have to hit "esc" just to exit the map and it will bring up the main menu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
van der Decken    471
Just now, PolishMartyr said:

I have a custom made desktop and on occasion when I want to close out of the Open World map, "M" key does not work. I would have to hit "esc" just to exit the map and it will bring up the main menu.

Same here, it happens probably 2-3 times a week, and only in the last month or so. Sometimes I have to hit Esc a few times before it will finally close.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, van der Decken said:

Same here, it happens probably 2-3 times a week, and only in the last month or so. Sometimes I have to hit Esc a few times before it will finally close.

You're lucky then. I get it about two to three times per day.

 

To me it is not a horrible issue. Never in a situation where I will be killed when the bug arises. Just something I noticed recently.

Edited by PolishMartyr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anne Wildcat    1,296

Sometimes I have an issue where hitting escape will not bring up the menu.  I check to make sure I'm not in chat.  Not sure if that fixes it or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338
6 hours ago, van der Decken said:

I have an issue with my Keys. When I press Q, D, C, the C button does not work. It is as though these three keys are for some reason tied together. I have to double tap C or Q to be able to do the moves together. Is this a problem with game setting, or (more likely) my keyboard, and how would I fix this? It's a year old Toshiba laptop, the keyboard is definitely clean with nothing stuck in the keys, and it's been doing this since I bought it. TY for any advice.

Captain, most likely it is a local issue, have you tried to google the issue, something like this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
van der Decken    471
5 minutes ago, Ink said:

Captain, most likely it is a local issue, have you tried to google the issue, something like this?

Appreciate it, yes I have searched, even chatted with tech support. They say I have food under my keys. lol.

Edited by van der Decken

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338

Also, do you have an option to plug in external keyboard and then check how it works in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
van der Decken    471
2 minutes ago, Ink said:

Also, do you have an option to plug in external keyboard and then check how it works in the game?

USB Keyboard....I didn't think to test that. Will do. TY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bearwall    830

Hey I bought this game as a gift for one of my mates (partly as a christmas present and partly to bolster our faction), his steam account name is Henrik474

 

For some reason the client.exe refuses to execute and he's been trying since early December to log in.. He wrote costumer support but haven't received an answer (and now it's about a month ago)..

 

Pls fix the issue or give me a refund so I can give him a gift he can actually use..

Edited by Ink
Personal information removed - please send such information in private if needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338

Captain, there are no mails from address you mentioned in our support@navalaction.com mailbox.

I've send a mail to him, most likely GPU does not support directx11 and shader model 5 features.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bearwall    830
4 hours ago, Ink said:

Captain, there are no mails from address you mentioned in our support@navalaction.com mailbox.

I've send a mail to him, most likely GPU does not support directx11 and shader model 5 features.

Thx I'll ask him to update directx and see why his mail didn't get delivered.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338
5 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Thx I'll ask him to update directx and see why his mail didn't get delivered.. 

He did not reply to my mail yet, but in case his GPU does not support directx features, the only way to launch the game is to buy new GPU

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jean Ribault    837

The in-game Friends list isn't working as it should.  Once a member leaves the clan, even though still on the friends list, the radion button doesn't light up when that player is online anymore.  The player will have to be deleted from friends list and then re-invited.  I think this does the same thing when they change nations too.  Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this, since I haven't read it from anyone else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ink    2,338
On 08.02.2017 at 11:25 PM, Jean Ribault said:

The in-game Friends list isn't working as it should.  Once a member leaves the clan, even though still on the friends list, the radion button doesn't light up when that player is online anymore.  The player will have to be deleted from friends list and then re-invited.  I think this does the same thing when they change nations too.  Not sure if I'm the only one seeing this, since I haven't read it from anyone else.

Clan/friend list issues will be eventually fixed. Due to minor impact on gameplay they are on low priority list at the moment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anolytic    3,030

I was recording when this happened, but my recording was corrupted, and I also didn't have opportunity to F11 at the time. I will however try to describe the issue:

I was in the port battle for Castries and I boarded someone who standing almost still. I was heading straight for him, and I slowed the momentum of my ship down to boarding speed by turning my sails against the wind and depowering. I also may have used lightly bumping into him in order to further get my speed down - I may have broken my own bowsprit in the collision. In any case I started pulling his ship in for boarding. My ship kept slowing down while I was pulling and went down to less than 1 knot, still slowing down rapidly towards zero speed. But when you're pulling someone into boarding, the ship automatically puts sails down. At the same exact moment that my sails hit 0%, the pulling was completed and boarding interface came up, my ship somehow started moving again. It was like I had a freaking steam engine on my boat. With absolutely 0% sails up it accelerated almost instantly up to 2,2 knots speed and was racing away from the ship I was boarding at a close hauled angle to the wind afair. After two rounds of boarding, my ship was so far away from the boarded ship that my boarding was interrupted. Only then, when my ship was out of boarding, did my ship stop "drifting" away at an insane 2,2 knots without any sails raised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Anolytic    3,030

After the PB victory at Puerto Plata I didn't get any ship chest or paint chest. The same happened to one of my teammates after the PB for Castries.

cEtpeDJZ.jpeg

(sorry for bad screeenshot, no ship chest or paint chest is hidden behind the capped aga info)

I also F11'd this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×