Game-Labs Forum

Technical problems and bugs

admin

Hi,

I have purchased a new laptop because my old one died, I downloaded Steam and tried to play N/A, It said the game was there but wanted me to buy another copy.

As I have paid once, do I have to pay again or can I reload from yourselves?

Roger

Greetings, Captain, as it has been said you need to download Steam application and log in with the account you bought the game. You do not need to pay twice, once you bought the game it will be in your Steam library on the account, does not matter what PC you use

Hi,

I have purchased a new laptop because my old one died, I downloaded Steam and tried to play N/A, It said the game was there but wanted me to buy another copy.

As I have paid once, do I have to pay again or can I reload from yourselves?

Roger

It's a Steam bug. If a game is in your online library but not in your local it's still says "play" or even "buy" in some cases but when you click it will just get downloaded for free and added to your local cache. It's a labeling issue.

upon hitting sail in port when the screen goes to load its all blue and white lines?

i can go into options and press apply and it clears straight away?

i am playing via the in board graphic card as it won't play with the nvideo card?

it did not do this untill monday gone for some reason? :angry:

and entering battles it also does this? and its anoying  :(

• 2 weeks later...

Had a problem in battle the other day. After sustaining serious damage in my Ingermanland and retreating to a safe distance I repaired my armor and with a sliver remaining on my left side,my crew was pumping in survival mode but otherwise I was not sinking. My escape timer continued to reset at 18 seconds as if though I were being hit or sinking though I was not. I hit F11 and began to type my problem in the report section when again for reasons unknown the timer then reached 0 and I was able to escape the battle instance.

Also my cannons were shooting the side of the ship as others reported.

When a group of players enter a battle instance within view of my ship the game locks up momentarily,a second or two then I warp or jolt to my current position in the world.

Edited by (NPG) DragonfireActual

Hello,

my problem is that a lot of my gold is going away.

3 days ago i had more then 340 000 000 gold and suddenly i got only near 200 000 000 gold left.

Why? I don't use an exploit. It was a hard work of trade and fight for that and stand up early in the morning ;-)

Ok, 200 000 000 it's still enough and i won't jump out of the window about that.

I heard that some guys use an exploit in the new trade-system and then they had to give the gold back?

so what's happened? is it a big bug in trade system? who took my gold?

have a nice day

Bug?

Trying to craft a Bellona in Teak with 4 HGN. Have the fine Teak Wood in sufficient numbers but missing other fine woods so noticed there's a Random option still available that doesn't require you have Fine Fir/Fine Oak/etc...

Makes sense says me, you can craft cheaply an exceptional boat if you accept a random drop.

So I try my luck and the process keeps stopping with messages such as I don't have the Fine Fir or I am missing Fine Teak and so on. Yet I have all the ingredients needed in the crafting tool when I press the craft button.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? Should the random option be removed from the game?

Hello,

my problem is that a lot of my gold is going away.

3 days ago i had more then 340 000 000 gold and suddenly i got only near 200 000 000 gold left.

Why? I don't use an exploit. It was a hard work of trade and fight for that and stand up early in the morning ;-)

Ok, 200 000 000 it's still enough and i won't jump out of the window about that.

I heard that some guys use an exploit in the new trade-system and then they had to give the gold back?

so what's happened? is it a big bug in trade system? who took my gold?

have a nice day

Some abnormal profits has been adjusted by us

Bug?

Trying to craft a Bellona in Teak with 4 HGN. Have the fine Teak Wood in sufficient numbers but missing other fine woods so noticed there's a Random option still available that doesn't require you have Fine Fir/Fine Oak/etc...

Makes sense says me, you can craft cheaply an exceptional boat if you accept a random drop.

So I try my luck and the process keeps stopping with messages such as I don't have the Fine Fir or I am missing Fine Teak and so on. Yet I have all the ingredients needed in the crafting tool when I press the craft button.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong? Should the random option be removed from the game?

Random trim does require another resources as well, it will be either fixed in the description or random option turned off

A-  Please adjust the casualty stats (far too high) when firing at short distance (but also medium distance) to rear & front of ship with cannon balls (grape is much less efficient!!), the bigger the ship the higher the casualties. now a light ship can inflict terrible crew damage very fast. This stats is far away from realism, hope it can be rapidly adjusted. I never saw such a wrong stats since I started to play NA.

B-  Port battle are becoming crucial, so the bugg not allowing player to enter port battle is a real pain as a few player less into battle can entail a defeat. This bugg is known, today it happened at Cartagena de Indias where two players could not get in with 1rst rate.

Thank you for all the good testing & adjustment jobs, but these 2 issues should be fixed asap. 

Edited by Celtiberofrog

• 2 weeks later...

Sailed into La Bahia in a Heavy Rattlesnake - forgot I had Renomee fleet ships.  Sank the fleet ships - but still could not get past the shallows at the entrance to the bay.  I sailed to the next port, clicked on fleet and crew, then when I came back I was able to sail over the shallows.

It appears the shallow draft flag is not getting reset when fleet ships are sunk.

A minor issue.

26 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Sailed into La Bahia in a Heavy Rattlesnake - forgot I had Renomee fleet ships.  Sank the fleet ships - but still could not get past the shallows at the entrance to the bay.  I sailed to the next port, clicked on fleet and crew, then when I came back I was able to sail over the shallows.

It appears the shallow draft flag is not getting reset when fleet ships are sunk.

A minor issue.

Thanks for the report, we will check it

• 4 weeks later...

Captain, as this issue might be related to your PC, to clarify - have you tried general workarounds like:

1) reinstalling the game to a different hdd or sdd if there is such option on your PC;
2) monitoring temperatures of CPU and GPU;
3) make fresh install of GPU drivers;
4) adjusting graphics in the game.

Captain, still the issue you have described is very similar to overheating with following thermal throttling. Once it happen again please right away check both CPU and GPU temperature graphics and send ingame report via F11.

Also, to clarify - is your character name Gaizka?

16 minutes ago, sruPL said:

2. Something is broken with cooling, but when I send my laptop to service, I need to wait 2 weeks LOL. 

Cooling issues are almost always caused by hair/fiber/dust on the inside of the grill where the fan blows the air out of the case.  It builds up until it looks like a block of felt.  I've cleaned that crap out of 3 of our family laptops.

I've always watched Youtube videos for how to disassemble the outer case, keyboard and motherboard to get at the fan assembly. It's not that hard. Trickiest part is keeping track of which screws fit which holes. Some laptops are really nice and use the same screw size everywhere. Others - no.

Reconnecting the wiring is no problem, just do the reverse of the disassembly video. My first time took about 6 hours, now I can do it in 3. Beats waiting two weeks and paying a service charge.

Really? I've not seen a laptop case that's sealed. How can anyone service it in that case?

All of ours have screws down the bottom edges and a few in the middle. There's a trim strip at the base of the screen that gets pried up. Then you can remove some screws under there to pry up the keyboard to expose the motherboard.

Started Naval Action a few days ago but having some serious issues.

Have a Cutter, Privateer and a recently purchased Snow.  Rank is 2/Lt

Snow:  When I enter a Combat Mission battle with the Snow . . first the ship acts normally I I set up the canons etc.  Start to move but, after 1 - 2 seconds, ship stops and refuses to move or turn for the duration of the battle.  Has now happened three times.  The privateer does the same after being in the battles for a minute of so.  Cutter is fine.

Have tries auto/manual skipper but nothing seems to move the ship.  I say nothing, but in my first battle in the Snow it started to move again near the end of the battle but stopped again after 1 - 2 seconds.

Any ideas?

In open seas, all the ships steer and work perfectly.

Edited by Capt Robertson