Game-Labs Forum

Limited economy slots - coming soon

52 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

Some of you might remember "such is a lord" topic

To make conquest bear more importance on release the number of buildings slots in port will be limited. This means that the city governor will be able to only allocate  25 land plots for construction of mines, manufactures and shipyards. This means only 25 Captains can own something in the city. (number is arbitrary and currently is equal to the number of port battle winners)

The system will work like this. 

1. Once you conquer the port you will receive land grants from the new governor in all cities in that region.
  2. These land grants  will be required to build buildings in the cities 
  3. If the port is captured by an enemy nation - enemy nation will of course takeover the land and destroy your buildings. 
  4. To be able to build anything in this city you will have to recapture it. 
  5. Those who don't need buildings can of course sell those land grants to adventurous businessmen. 
  6. If you win the port battle alone you will get all the permits to yourself.

This system main goals are

• Control resource supply to avoid inflation in the future
  • Provide huge incentive to conquer and participate in conquest

(ps. that's why night flips are no longer viable and tolerable)

hmm.... not sure about this but lets see how it plays out. Could be interesting or could just blow up in our faces. 

What will happen when the server will host 1k players? 800 of em won't be allowed ot craft anything?

How awesome is it that I've just created a new character on PVP 2 France? We are barely 12 players in there and should not be affected by this. Granted, we can't even dream of taking a port anyway so it is a non-issue for us.

• Like 2

I don't do port battles.   I raid trade and grow things (trees and the such).  This will preclude me, I think from 1 of the 3 things I like to do.  But I will await the third post mentioned by the admin.  

I do worry this may impact negatively on port battles.  

Once again I will await the third post the admin mentioned.  

Overall. The 2/3 I have scene are good moves if the last bit ties it all together.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cerebro said:

That is great but it will be the same ppl doing the PB...

So again... u just killed ur own game.

dz1VoHM.jpg

Its a combat game. To get something you have to fight for something. For too long we sat on two chairs. 

• Like 11

So new players can not even get a foothold in crafting?

Restrict new players to sail around OW, get ganked by veterans in "golden" ships and nothing to do but play "whack a mole"?

It is funny - it looks like devs and their PR team really look for faster ways to kill this game instead of building it.

Or is this just a way to check through forum where the pain level is for lots of players before these players quit too?

So where are the resources with this system in place coming from? NPC trading and contracts? Fewer ships built = fewer players have good ships = less action = fewer logins to server. Only bright side is that a captured 1st rate is as good as a crafted one in future. So this game does not need crafters anymore as long as PvE content is auto-generated...

• Like 2

Guest sruPL

This will give just monopoly for PB players... Huge limits... 

and I say it as one of the most active PB players. What about ship builders? Traders? Crafters? Most PB players don't give a hello kitty about these things, we don't need hello kittying buildings.

Edited by sruPL

It's like christmas, so many new goodies :D

Sounds worth a try, provides a reason to own more than one region of a particular kind instead of the current case of being fully functional until the last one is lost.

Hoping to see a less steep difference between regional bonuses so that for example if you lose a pirate refit port a speed refit one is worse but not by a huge amount - and the same for, say, strong hull and regional thickness. At the moment the difference seems to be very significant, which narrows down the number of important regions by alot, while alot of semi-useless regions remain.

Edited by Guest

2 minutes ago, admin said:

dz1VoHM.jpg

Its a combat game. To get something you have to fight for something. For too long we sat on two chairs. 

In this case get rid of OW completely. It distracts from combat gaming. Create a lobby like in MWO where players join to get a 12v12 battle with different mechs - can do the same 5vs5 or 25v25 for NA. Sailing only possible in combat environment. Building ships not necessary - these must be bought out of a store with in game gold or through real money.

The combat is very good in this game and make it shine. The way to get to combat is a problem.

• Like 3

Actually......this might finally give players an incentive to switch to smaller nations where there is less competition for spots/give clans incentives to hand out to switching players.  We'll have to see how it plays out but this could be very interesting for RvR.  The only thing is how will the Lord Protector be decided?

• Like 4

• Control resource supply to avoid inflation in the future
  • .........Who controls resources....only the few People who fight PB
  • Provide huge incentive to conquer and participate in conquest
  • ........No incentive....its a burden and a restriction....plain and simple

8 minutes ago, admin said:

There are 300 ports. it is 7500 buildings even at 25 per port. 2 PB limit per day will be removed (it only existed to limit night flips). With no nightflips we dont need stupid limits per day. Capture and defend the port and here we go 25 buildings 

In your own math you forget one thing though. Due to regions being attacked now instead of single ports and some regions holding like 8 ports - it would then be possible to see 200 building slots destroyewd in a single attack! That is not exactly small money or effort to ship out in time! So in the end the either everyone wants to be in the inner regions not to suddenly get f+++ed over or they risk losing their entire production in a single evening they mightve been at work or sth.

Also didn't you say that shipyards return? Won't that mean that the scenario will get even worse with entire shipyards and their warehouses falling victim to an afternoon flip or sth similar?!

• Like 2

and now this:

So they are setting up PVE only zones on the PVP servers....and removing freeports in those zones. So if you have an outpost(s) in this new zone at a free port you will need to move your ships stockpiles and clan warehouses etc from there before this is implemented, I guess.

Oh well, you wanted something to do whilst they get ready to take away your ships and your crafting game etc etc. ;)

Good here innit? :D

6 minutes ago, Senhor Lenhador said:

Actually......this might finally give players an incentive to switch to smaller nations where there is less competition for spots/give clans incentives to hand out to switching players.  We'll have to see how it plays out but this could be very interesting for RvR.  The only thing is how will the Lord Protector be decided?

every participant of the victorious PB will receive a land grant. We just need to decide how to reward defence of un-landed esquires.. 

• Like 1