Game-Labs Forum

Ship wipe - coming soon!

6 minutes ago, admin said:

All Ships become have 1 durabilty as it should have been from the start

So all ships are gonna be 1 dura? even frigs? what about the 3 dura 1st rates on the testserver? :D

• Like 3

There are some good news there like 1 dura and region bonus attached to blueprint not the region itself, others are a bit of a worry, but lets not run ahead of ourselves and take this with an open mind and provide quality testing 

• Like 5

Just give us a good heads up cause I think I would prefer to just break up all my ships the night of the patch.  Now the question is is there going to be something to help folks get things moving that next day. I would say give us all a few redeemables for those that don't have the crafting means.  IF not your going to kill a lot of casual players that don't have stocks of supplies.  

• Like 14

5 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Isnt that contradicting?

no

captured/crafted ships are all the same in quality - grey (with minor differences perhaps)
what matters is your level of ship knowledge for that vessel. 

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

So all ships are gonna be 1 dura? even frigs? what about the 3 dura 1st rates on the testserver? :D

we will test 1 dura ships before release to close this door once and for all

• Like 23

This feels like a sudden jump of activity after what feels like not much going on for too long, I'm glad to see this kind of post.

I am curious to see how the new updates will work but I do have a couple of concerns. The idea of accumulating experience level sailing a particular vessel, will that mean the type of ship, say Trincomalee, or does that mean the specific ship you are sailing at the time? for example when that ship is sunk, so is the experience you have gained with said ship. My other concern is how the 1 dura will affect crafting, because currently it feels like ships of the line are far too cheap in comparison to tiny little triangular sailed ships like the privateer.

I am excited to see how the new upgrades system will work, it sounds a bit different, my main worry there is that it sounds a little arcade but I do like the idea of some cosmetic personalisation happening.

When it comes to the crafting system, the idea that you can buy regional refits is great, it sounds so much more streamlined than the current system, where it just creates contention over specific ports, and if a large navy can hold those ports then they basically win the game. I also like that there is going to be a lot less long distance sailing to craft things, that was so frustrating.

Looking forwards to what is coming next, thanks for the informative post :)

• Like 1

Guest sruPL

Also what about Endymions / Indefatigables / Wapens / Santa Cecilias???

Question is about blueprints regarding to 3 first mentioned ships and currently owned Santa Cecilias. Let's say I own 5-6 Santa Cecilias atm, after ship wipe I will own 0? I understand that there are no blueprints for Santa Cecilia as this is "special reward" ship, but what about other 3? We already tested them long enough.

Also what about crafting, is it going to be easier??? What about economy, do you remove Grade Notes from the game? What will be the use of Silver / Gold resources then?

Edited by sruPL

1 minute ago, DesMoines said:

good thing.....One dura per ship....if Upgrade are a little more easy to craft :)

Read:

Upgrades 

1. Upgrades/refits are no longer craftable. 
  2. Upgrades/refits lose the quality level and no longer can be lost. 
  3. Upgrades/refits finally have size requirements. (large pumps can only be installed on large ships)
  4. Upgrades/refits can be received in the admiralty and/or as loot items
  5. Upgrades/refits are basically turned into ship skills
  6. Example: If you have Spanish Silk Sail and a Naked angel figurehead - you won't ever lose them if you lost your ship

Just now, koltes said:

I wish people will just relax and not spitting a dummy for these long coming 30 days :D 

I wish people to go out during the next 30 days and blaze away their duras in fights, wherever, whatever odds.

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, admin said:

5. By sailing that vessel you unlock better options for that vessel class. If you lose that vessel in battle you still have that experience and can use those unlocked better options in the future. 

Example - after a lot of months at sea in the surprise your surprise will surprise any fresh leda captain, if you lose that surprise you still know how to sail it well. 

How is that going to be determined? Sailing time in the OW? Sailing time in instances? Damage dealt in instances?

Seems ripe for all kinds of shenanigans for people to boost their class proficiencies.

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I wish people to go out during the next 30 days and blaze away their duras in fights, wherever, whatever odds.

*cough* daily small battle challenge *cough*

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, BadBenny said:

Time to fight now GB>US>VD no need to run away any more :D

Hell if we get the current Test bed patch they can fight each other. Cause we Pirates will be to busy doing BLACK ON BLACK  when that patch comes out.....lol

4 minutes ago, Pitxagorri said:

@admin we will be able to capture 1 rates again?

You can all ready capture 1st rates that are owned by players.  I think it's good we can't capture NPC's SOL"s in real life you would send that prize back any way for the Admiralty to do as they please and recommissioned any way.

• Like 1