Game-Labs Forum
Liq

[PvP One] Revival of the Daily Small Battle Challenge

Thanks everyone for coming! Scoreboard for the first battle updated.

Regarding Indefatigables: I think we'll have to agree on a penalty when taking an indefatigable, it's 42 pdr carro broadside is quite the beast, especially when there are a lot of them versus none.

New rule: Bringing an Indefatigable will result in a 0.3 points penalty

Tomorrows battle will probably be a bit later, because the only port battle is one hour later than today, and the later the more players can participate :)

Battle for Wednesday, 15th of March is set for 19:00 Servertime

6 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Thanks everyone for coming! Scoreboard for the first battle updated.

Regarding Indefatigables: I think we'll have to agree on a penalty when taking an indefatigable, it's 42 pdr carro broadside is quite the beast, especially when there are a lot of them versus none.

New rule: Bringing an Indefatigable will result in a 0.3 points penalty

Tomorrows battle will probably be a bit later, because the only port battle is one hour later than today, and the later the more players can participate :)

Battle for Wednesday, 15th of March is set for 19:00 Servertime

penalty is calculated also today right?

3 minutes ago, elite92 said:

penalty is calculated also today right?

No, Before the battle started, this rule didn't exist and players were just going by the rules and brought the indefatigable since it's still a 5th rate. If the discussion was brought up before the battle, then yeah, it would be discussable. I can't make rules regarding penalties after a battle, don't think that would be fair.
But from now on, bringing an Indefatigable will result in a penalty of 0.3 points.

Idea: After the ship wipe comes, postpone the event for 2 weeks? So that people can get new ships and level shipskills?

Edited by Kloothommel

New adjustments after today's battle:

• Indefatigable's penalty increased to 0.5 points
  • Groups consisting of more than 3 players will receive a small penalty: 4 per group = 0.1; 5 per group = 0.2, 6 per group = 0.3 etc.

Other than that, today's battle was a lot of fun :) Really enjoying it.

Edited by Liquicity

1 hour ago, Kloothommel said:

Idea: After the ship wipe comes, postpone the event for 2 weeks? So that people can get new ships and level shipskills?

Why not level the ship skills IN the small battles too? :)

Just now, Liquicity said:

Why not level the ship skills IN the small battles too? :)

Ok, a week to get new ships? In case crafters are overworked to build a new PB fleet?

Could do i guess, But honestly I dont expect the ship wipe in the promised 30 days :P
But yeah, you got a point

1, maybe 2 weeks to restock, especially with 1 dura inbound, seems quite realistic. Otherwise you get only the well-stocked clans playing, and that seems to defeat the purpose of this event :)

Question to everyone: 
Do you think negative points should be a thing? e.g. getting a penalty of 0.5 because of bringing an indefatigable and scoring 4 assists while losing would result in a total score of -0.1. Yes or limit to 0?

2 minutes ago, Liquicity said:

Question to everyone: 
Do you think negative points should be a thing? e.g. getting a penalty of 0.5 because of bringing an indefatigable and scoring 4 assists while losing would result in a total score of -0.1. Yes or limit to 0?

i think that negative points would help to incentivate diversity in groups and ships.

i mean u can still choose an indefatigable or group in 8 people, but if u fail u can also fall in negative score.

a little -0.1 or -0.2 in a week with 6 days available to get better battles will not result in less points at the end of the week.

if a solo player take and indefatigable and score 0 kills and 0 assists , and die pretty fast suiciding. should have a -0.5 because he has no effectevely helped his team

18 hours ago, Liquicity said:

Question to everyone: 

Liqui, I think that we are at this point in the game that plenty of players dont care about rewards because they got everything or they know wipe is comming. Bringing Indefatigable is just to maximize your outcome in the battle. I think you would just need to ask people politely to not use this ship.