Game-Labs Forum

Game questions

Dreadsteel

Question

Hello, I am going to be playing the game soon. I have a few things I wanted to be sure of. Xp/level and crafting xp carry between servers? Pirates and the U.S. can have first rates and first rates have 1 durability? Also, my main goal is to get a Santisma, would it be better to do this on the PvE or PvP server? There is less risk of losing all the work on PvE. Lastly, are people trying to make first rates a society/nation controlled thing? Just curious because I will have to hurry and get my gaming PC before that's implemented. Thank you!

• Like 2

4 answers to this question

Crafting XP and your level carry over on every server. 

That means you can have a character on all servers and all of them share the same XP bar. So it doesnt matter where you want to level up (you probably do PvE missions anyway, even on the PvP server). Its true, there is no risk when you play on the PvE server, but dont forget that the Santissima is one of the biggest and most expensive things in this game, so you will need to earn money to buy one on the server on which you plan to play on. I acutally think its faster to level up on the PvP server in a clan, because its much faster to do the missions in a group.

16 minutes ago, Dreadsteel said:

first rates have 1 durability?

Yes at the moment, but it will change soon to 3 durability.

17 minutes ago, Dreadsteel said:

Pirates and the U.S. can have first rates

Everyone can have the same ships, your nationality you choose doesnt matter at all for that.

18 minutes ago, Dreadsteel said:

Lastly, are people trying to make first rates a society/nation controlled thing?

Not sure what that means, but everyone can buy/craft any ship (except some rare ships are harder to obtain, but those are only a few and Santissima is not one of those).

I would recommend you to join any nation you like on the PvP server and ask in the chat for a clan. Most of them can help you to understand the basics + leveling up together with you and are happy to get new members.

• Like 2

Xp/level and crafting xp carry between servers?
Yes, because the Rank XP and Crafting XP are tied to your Steam account.

Pirates and the U.S. can have first rates and first rates have 1 durability?
All nations can have 1st rates and they currently have 1 dura.

Also, my main goal is to get a Santisma, would it be better to do this on the PvE or PvP server? There is less risk of losing all the work on PvE.
It is safer on the PvE server and you can find clans there that will do missions together with you. You can also do them on the PvP servers, however, you might find some PvP gankers that won't give you grace. I suggest when doing missions to choose Fleet Missions, as you will have more targets to get more damage and kills from. (This is what raises your rank.)

Lastly, are people trying to make first rates a society/nation controlled thing?
I don't believe so, although there are talks on the forum about preventing rats from crafting anything above a 4th rate.

GLHF and fair winds, sir!

Edited by van der Decken
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Dreadsteel said:

Hello, I am going to be playing the game soon. I have a few things I wanted to be sure of. Xp/level and crafting xp carry between servers? Pirates and the U.S. can have first rates and first rates have 1 durability? Also, my main goal is to get a Santisma, would it be better to do this on the PvE or PvP server? There is less risk of losing all the work on PvE. Lastly, are people trying to make first rates a society/nation controlled thing? Just curious because I will have to hurry and get my gaming PC before that's implemented. Thank you!

First, welcome aboard! ;)

1) Yes, there are tied to your account
2) Yes and yes (1 dura at this moment, they can decide to change this in the future)
3) You decide, but getting a Santisima on the PVE server means you can not transfer him to a PVP-server and other way around. Playing on a PVP-server to me is the reason I play NA and fighting in a Santi vs. real persons is kinda why it is fun to have him ;)
4) Not neccesary a nation controlled thing no, but most clans tend to organize it together.

Edited by Dutch Langella
Saying welcome first :P
  • Like 2

Thank you all for the help! I really appreciate it! I can't wait to begin playing, hopefully within the next 3 months... Just trying to make sure of some things coming from POTBS and having to build or buy a new gaming PC. Thanks again!