Game-Labs Forum

Joining an ongoing battle...

AngryPanCake

Question

I was sailing in the OW in PvE recently and saw a Mission/Battle sign (the crossing swords) when I got close enough and clicked on it, it offered me to join a battle between a Pirate and a British ship. There were 2 circles and asked me to get in one of them.

I assumed it was a battle between a player and an AI ship. I also understand players can not attack other players. I don't think it clearly indicated who was fighting who as far as who was the player and who was the AI. So my question is, let's say the Pirate was the AI, would have I been able to join that Pirate against the player?

My second question is, as far as etiquette in PvE is concerned, is it frowned upon to join such battles?

I actually decided to play PvE because I thought other players would not interfere with one's battle if uninvited.

Thank you,

APC

4 answers to this question

38 minutes ago, AngryPanCake said:

I was sailing in the OW in PvE recently and saw a Mission/Battle sign (the crossing swords) when I got close enough and clicked on it, it offered me to join a battle between a Pirate and a British ship. There were 2 circles and asked me to get in one of them.

I assumed it was a battle between a player and an AI ship. I also understand players can not attack other players. I don't think it clearly indicated who was fighting who as far as who was the player and who was the AI. So my question is, let's say the Pirate was the AI, would have I been able to join that Pirate against the player?

My second question is, as far as etiquette in PvE is concerned, is it frowned upon to join such battles?

I actually decided to play PvE because I thought other players would not interfere with one's battle if uninvited.

Thank you,

APC

"players can not attack other players" .. that is wrong

"There were 2 circles" .. that indicates the battle was started as PvP battle. PvE Battles have one circle.

"as etiquette in PvE is concerned, is it frowned upon to join such battles" .. Mostly the PvE battle "owner" wants to play alone and dont like joining other players

8 hours ago, Sven Silberbart said:

"players can not attack other players" .. that is wrong

What do you mean?

"There were 2 circles" .. that indicates the battle was started as PvP battle. PvE Battles have one circle.

You mean a PvP battle on the PvE server?

"as etiquette in PvE is concerned, is it frowned upon to join such battles" .. Mostly the PvE battle "owner" wants to play alone and dont like joining other players

Ok