Game-Labs Forum

"HOLD" still needs to be revised

LegioX

I don't know about you, but I'm beyond frustrated when I want a unit to hold, but when they get into melee and the other unit breaks, they chase after them for a short period of time (couple of seconds). I have to baby them when this happens and the unit usually gets decimated with a moral penalty or huge loss of men when I try to fall them back or make them run back.

With newer units i can see this happening. But with 2-3 star units, they should hold firm every single time after a melee engagement to keep the line solid. Just my 2 cents

Totally agree. The mciromanagement of untis that leave good positions is annoying. And when I have to order them back to their top notch position they lose men due to being shot in the back an entirely unnecessary scenario considering all they had to do was not move forward. I can deal with micro managing attacks/pursuits as if I miss out on it all I lose is not ahving killed 100 enemies (can always just do it later) but micro managing retreats/holds means unnecessary losses that dont come back while I am unaware of the units actions (especially on big battlefields there might be a few seconds during which you didnt spot the idiocy yet) and while I try to correct the units actions.

Even for newer units - a hold order means hold. If newer units run away due to moral losses I dont mind but to run forward away from secure positions...

Edited by JollyRoger1516