Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DesMoines

Lands Unknown

This was posted some time ago as well, and il say what i said there as well, how much money they are asking is not enough for what they want to do, they are definitely over scoping with the game and if you are backing it, id prepare your self for disappointment, don't want to sound like a downer, but that game is definitely going to be one.

edit: looking at the kickstarter, they arent going to reach their goal either.

Doing a kickstarter of Naval action (who is ever in earlier access )and add these features with money of kickstarter.....Work on bugs and bad mechanics and add more feature if objectives are completed...Or do NA2 with NA + add features..Naval action is a good beginning ^^

1 hour ago, DesMoines said:

Doing a kickstarter of Naval action (who is ever in earlier access )and add these features with money of kickstarter.....Work on bugs and bad mechanics and add more feature if objectives are completed...Or do NA2 with NA + add features..Naval action is a good beginning ^^

Lands Unknown is a total money grab. Too many promises for such a small team. As for NA , I don't think Devs have resources and commitment to develop something that complex. Even with Kickstarter this won't make much sense to start developing on this Unity Engine that is not the best on the market.. We can clearly see how difficult it is for them to code NA alone and how hard it is to find coders. Many good coders don't work with Indie engines and pick much better paying jobs. 

$6809/$100000 That's all they got. 

Edited by Ned Loe

1 hour ago, DesMoines said:

LU looks amazing, and could be amazing, however I think it is quite ambitious. I hope they will surprise us though and complete the project in spite of all us naysayers.
@DesMoines...please, please cease all mention of a NA2. I am hoping this game will not have a bunch of copy cat series to it. I really hope NA will just keep updating it like War Thunder and WoT. Devs, for the love of God, please do not follow BF and CoD format....please oh please. heh

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

More of a RPG focus than NA, but yeah @Kloothommel is right no way they'll make that goal.

I think it's already expired 3 day ago. They did not make it. 

I backed them even i knew it they can`t collect what they wanted. Well ...guy who invented all kinds of kickstarter or early access thing should be hang on gallows - current amount of not finished games is enormous.

Edited by Bart Smith

On 2/18/2017 at 4:29 PM, Bart Smith said:

I backed them even i knew it they can`t collect what they wanted. Well ...guy who invented all kinds of kickstarter or early access thing should be hang on gallows - current amount of not finished games is enormous.

''a fool and his money are soon parted''

This whole business is based on capitalizing on naivety if there is still some misunderstanding...
The formula is simple:
Step 1:Make pretty pictures and some promotional videos and exciting promises to create illusions in people's head and attract dumb emotional money who love and believe pretty pictures and promising illusions.
Step 2: Exit and repeat with some other title.

Majority of kickstart/early-access/startup was never meant to be sustainable or finished project or something that will last and only exists because people continue to eat this shit up.

Well, a good clue is always the funding goal versus the product offered unless from an already proven and trustful source with material done and just needed that extra bit.

100k for any game from ground up is nothing. One does not need to be extremely bright to see that.

On 2/19/2017 at 8:08 PM, The Red Duke said:

Well, a good clue is always the funding goal versus the product offered unless from an already proven and trustful source with material done and just needed that extra bit.

100k for any game from ground up is nothing. One does not need to be extremely bright to see that.

Well hello there, here's a plot twist for you:

From Blackwake's crowdfunding plea:
''Our previous goal was $34,000 AUD and we only reached $7,683 AUD. Even though we didn't hit the goal, it was great seeing support for the game. We continued development shortly after the campaign ended.

This time, we've decided to lower this campaign's goal to $10,000 AUD, 1/3 the amount compared to the previous one. ''
Game depth / longevity: -100 depth / max 15 min of lulz

I think you can do the math what these 2 blokes made out of their little EA adventure by pressing the right buttons at the right time and capturing the market demand : )

• Like 1

funding goal versus the product offered

I fund a LOT, really, a LOT, of products. ( have about a dozen coming up in 2017/18  )

I know exactly what not to fund :)

• Like 1