Game-Labs Forum

Solving the griefing tagging and screening problem

On 2/25/2017 at 10:02 AM, Anolytic said:

I don't control anyone, and I never did any diplomacy on my own.

I never tried to put you in a bad light. You did that all on your own. I've sometimes even defended you to others.

I'm glad you asked...

I once joined you in a group. Back when we were both just noobs in VIE. Being in the fastest ship, I did the tag. Then you asked me to get the 3rd rate tagged so he couldn't escape. Right after, you decided that you didn't want that fight after all, so you escaped and asked the others to follow you. Only one player didn't and stayed to try and help me, because I was already engaged and couldn't just escape. Eventually I sank.

U3drTWgv.jpeg

It's kind of funny you should say that.

ck44Z0x5.jpeg

You are free to play the game as you like, and nobody is telling you to play it any different way. But you cannot force others to play it the way you want them to either.

So I left a battle a year ago. Hmmm. Well maybe something happened in real life? Maybe we needed to leave battle in order to help someone else? No idea. 

But again. Imagine a game where I don't have to act in a special social way in order to have what I pay for. Like in ANY other game than this. Here some content (which I paid for) isn't for all. 

It makes no sence.

If I knew I had to please a small community and act in certain ways, I would have thought twice before bying the game. It didn't say that 3rd party software and social codes was needed when I paid this mediocre game on Steam.

On 2/25/2017 at 10:16 AM, Augustus Charles Hobart H said:

you can join any PB you want if you have hostility points, but don't be surprised if the other players on the team get mad if you did not participate in the organization and want to just do your own thing.  RvR is a team game,  Your not on the outside because of mechanics, your on the outside because you ignore the social rules of the game.

Thats why we need some good stuff for those who like the game but doesnt fit into the RvR-world. We are many more than you think. I would never play a game where I cant use all the content.

2 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Thats why we need some good stuff for those who like the game but doesnt fit into the RvR-world. We are many more than you think. I would never play a game where I cant use all the content.

they do need more content, but you can join all of it, you just refuse to because other people "gasp" might have expectations of the team

• Like 2

5 hours ago, fox2run said:

We still need more easy access to the action in OW. Maybe some kind of a Trafalgar place... PB is too long waiting and too heavy and only for elite-players.

Why are there so many people thinking portbattles are just for "elite-players"? What is a "elite-player" in this game? If you wanna join just go there and press join. And then you are in a big fight. Works even without TS. Magic.

But hey, why actually play the game and join portbattle or use the social perk in OW when you can just cry about it on the forum all day right?

• Like 3

Last time I joined a port battle I got half the community on my neck. I used a second rate and took someone else's place, they said.

It's such a toxic environment.

That aside many players complain over little action, much sailing around and long grinding times.

1 hour ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Why are there so many people thinking portbattles are just for "elite-players"? What is a "elite-player" in this game? If you wanna join just go there and press join. And then you are in a big fight. Works even without TS. Magic.

But hey, why actually play the game and join portbattle or use the social perk in OW when you can just cry about it on the forum all day right?

i am elite

• Like 2

3 hours ago, fox2run said:

Last time I joined a port battle I got half the community on my neck. I used a second rate and took someone else's place, they said.

It's such a toxic environment.

Thats easy. If you give a shit about the other guys just tell them before the pb that u will join. If you dont care and they flame you just tell them to fck off and play your game.

3 hours ago, fox2run said:

That aside many players complain over little action

I agree, but I dont think its becuz of the RoE. Most people I played with quit because NPC fleets and forts made OW stupid and unfun.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, elite92 said:

lol. didnt have a pb since christmas xD

Dude, Christmas Truce is over and lately Pirates got rekt at Purto Plata and Port-au-Prince. Bring in some of your X guys, grab in RUBLI and roll for action.

1 hour ago, sruPL said:

Dude, Christmas Truce is over and lately Pirates got rekt at Purto Plata and Port-au-Prince. Bring in some of your X guys, grab in RUBLI and roll for action.

RUBLI ? ahahahaha u must kidding me for sure... btw we are waiting for some more news from devs patch on pirate mechanics, no point in fight RvR 1 v 3 everytime

• Like 1

6 hours ago, elite92 said:

RUBLI ? ahahahaha u must kidding me for sure... btw we are waiting for some more news from devs patch on pirate mechanics, no point in fight RvR 1 v 3 everytime

well now you mention it, when do we hear from the devs about some stuff?

ohw, and something about the pb, if you just hop in a pb and do not join ts or any other communication app, you will go down in no time , i do not think that will be appreciated very much ,so if you want to join ,seek the channels and sign up for the pb,and have fun together, and good comms.

if you think you can join a pb with a belle,and a trinc and a cutter atm, that will be a certain death sentence, no only for you but also for the entire fleet in the end

and with elite i think they mean the right ships in the pb

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Thonys said:

well now you mention it, when do we hear from the devs about some stuff?

ohw, and something about the pb, if you just hop in a pb and do not join ts or any other communication app, you will go down in no time , i do not think that will be appreciated very much ,so if you want to join ,seek the channels and sign up for the pb,and have fun together, and good comms.

if you think you can join a pb with a belle,and a trinc and a cutter atm, that will be a certain death sentence, no only for you but also for the entire fleet in the end

and with elite i think they mean the right ships in the pb

actually i was one of the first captain to bring consti when every1 got cerb and surpr, bring 3rd rate full crew when every1 got capped 3rd with ravager rank, and finally bring a first rate(santisima) to a Pb. i like big ships and if i join something i do in the best way i can, i am elite after all.

said that, i will waiting for pirate mechanics or some solution for alliances. because im tired of fighting 3 or more nation allied vs pirate, i wont join RvR anymore like many other pirates.

cheers

• Like 1

On 2/24/2017 at 6:10 AM, Hethwill said:

Allies should only be able to access a third of any possible resource production in an allied port. Simulates own trade protective laws even against trustful diplomatic allies.

Force trade. Force feed the need for whatever.

I think the problem is that alliances breads folks to be happy with each others ports and not fight over others.  If you have three big natiosn with most of the regions than they won't fight each other if they can just use each other ports (what we have on PvP2 with US/GB/DUTCH.   US/GB are the two largest nations and they haven't had a port battle since Aug last year.  When Pirates took Brits down to one port cause they back stab us, the largest clan said they didn't care cause they will just use the US ports.   I think they can do port battles, use each other resources (trade), but they have buy the production off the other nation, not set up there shop in that port.  They can't craft ships except only in there owned nations ports.   Like you said we need to force a reason to trade and folks aren't doing it. I put up by orders all the time for simple things like coal to get folks to bring it and make money to save me the trip.  A lot of folks don't do that.   The other thing we realy need a resource wipe and let every one start over without old mechanics that don't work any more and was very broken (think of all the tabbaco and compass wood deals to make folks rich).

On 2/24/2017 at 2:44 PM, admin said:

we originally had a neutral nation and thinking of bringing it back 

only pirates could attack neutrals, but neutrals could enter any city. 

We think it is a great option to replace pve server with.

Instead of like Pitts they can make Morts region teh Neutral Nation region to turn it into a trade hubb of the game.  Kidds will become the actuall pirate capital, but this would work best if pirates wasn't involved in the RvR but instead had there own real raid system.

On 2/24/2017 at 4:00 PM, Anolytic said:

There are clearly not going to be rookie only port battles in the rookie zone. Particularly with important resources and trims there. Make Northern Bahamas neutral regions and have every player start neutral and then be able to choose to join a nation after some play-time.

Key crafting perks prob shouldn't be in that region and it should be more a rookie starting area with maybe raid type fights that region goes back to the owner after a coold down instead of being controlled by one nation or another.  They could easly chop it up so each nation had a few ports each/small regions in that zone.

On 2/25/2017 at 5:10 PM, JonSnowLetsGo said:

I agree, but I dont think its becuz of the RoE. Most people I played with quit because NPC fleets and forts made OW stupid and unfun.

We almost got wrecked in a port battle recently that we where very clearly winning. I don't get why they need to buff the forts/towers.   They where the ones that sunk a few of our shisp in the Port Battle as we pushed the defenders out of A circle not the defenders.   So now they are going to buff it even more where we are goign to be forced to bring mortar brigs to fights that we wouldn't normally bring them too.  It's all ready bad enough on the open world that every one and there mother (all the nationals) that we tag run straight for the forts or fleets that are pulled in instead of fighting you even when they out number your side.   They keep making things to save the PvEr and not help the PvPer.  Like the missions being 5 mins closed instead of the old 15 mins.  They should of made that 10 mins.  The tag timer is now 15 sec when it was 20....it should be 10 secs.  Sorry if I'm that close to tag you than I should get my tag right than not almost half a min later.  The constant grind to flip a port cause folks can just not show up to PvP so you have to grind to flip the port to get PvP at the port battle.   That is one of the reasons many left, but it's gotten better and we have had a good number players return cause we are getting PvP now.  It seems you push away PvP you loose players.  You bring it back you get more players.   

On 24/2/2017 at 9:44 PM, admin said:

we originally had a neutral nation and thinking of bringing it back 

only pirates could attack neutrals, but neutrals could enter any city. 

We think it is a great option to replace pve server with.

The issue is not about to come back to a new neutral faction ( that neutral would be good to admit another countries like Portugal, Italy, Russia, or German Sacre Empire) . HOWEVER,  In my opinion would be much better another  diplomacy-politic system in order to have a relax time, PEACE, for any nation. In this way Spain, or UK, or France, or anyone could be neutral ( no WAR state) for one nation each time, for a short time, days or weeks, would be nice if only one nation could be in peace with the others. That would be more realistic and they give a chance for recovery.  

Edited by Marques

Another solution:

1) Any ship should only be able to pull other ships into battle that are within range of the tagging ships guns, since until you can be hit, you are not really engaged. It is  just a chase, and could be accomplished in OW rather than a battle instance. The current model that results in ships that are barely in range to see, never mind shoot, being pulled into fights is...well... goofy. Should be a major reduction in the size of the pull circle when tagging. Again, limited to the range of the tagging vessel guns, or perhaps a bit more. But certainly not the size it currently is.

2) Using something similar to described, where a cutter can't tag 25 first rates but could tag 1 with the following modification. Currently if those 25 first rates ( or other ships) are close enough together, thus combining their BR, a single ship, or group of ships, without sufficient combined BR cant pull in any of them. A hybrid of the current model and the proposed should allow an individual ship to pull one ( or more if BR sufficient) of the 25 1st Rate ship group into a fight, while the rest of them continue on. And it would then be up to the tagged ships friends to decide to enter the battle to assist or continue their current mission.