Game-Labs Forum
JG14_Cuzn

Aggression Exploit?

JG14_Cuzn    169

PVP2, Friday 2/10/2017

This is the 3rd time we have noticed this and we need the Devs to please look into this as this is Bizarre behavior that we caught with a screenshot this time.

Again: Same GB Player: CHARLES HUNTER

He is starting Fleet Combat Missions.....we assume multiple missions...then exiting the mission and leaving them running.

this time we observed him enter and we sent 'Rumson' in to observe.

CHARLES HUNTER EXITED the mission as soon as he could leaving the Ai to fight by themselves and most likely die.

We believe he is starting missions, then exiting them, allowing the AI ships to die and hostility to be raised against GB. 

Kindly See The Attached Screenshot:

Can the Devs please look into this fishy situation?

Charles Hunter Cheating.jpg

Edited by JG14_Cuzn

Francau    4

This is already the 3rd time we caught him coming from Rear Admiral Missions where Pirate Hostility went up fast.He also use only a Trader ship to enter does Missions.

Anolytic,

Unfortunately as at the time of writing you are wrong. Today kicking myself I missed a battle JG14 was involved in. Read his note above and suspected Mr HUNTER as well. So thought I'd go out and prove the mechanic. Needed it as close as possible to server shut down so the results don't get tainted. So ALT in same NATION can raise negative hostility points...

UTC 0700, PvP US(2), GB Nation

Norfolk's earned Hostility Points Cornwall (defend) 700

Cornwall Region not present on Global Hostility Levels Tab, Nation HL,

Picked up 3x RA Fleet Missions in K/PR for Cornwall Region. The idea is to enter the battle then immediately cut and run as our Mr HUNTER does here. Jeheil in his last Letter from the King seems to be seeing a similar happening on PvP EU(1)

76.02, 20.20 Sav La Mar

76.50, 21.00 Montego Bay

75.86, 21.23 St Anne

Also completed 2x EPICs on the way.

So round trip Sav La Mar to St Anne saw no other PC after Carlisle. And docked.

Norfolk's Earned Hostility Points (defend) 700 unchanged

Cornwall Region Global Hostility Levels 8.6% with Pirate Nation

It only increased after I got "Mission Failed to Complete" from the Games UI.

UTC 0735 Maintenance log out starts earlier 0745 -ish than the normal 0800

The two EPICs missions I believe didn't contribute either way. The question of doubt with this data is Pirates could have being missioning in the area? A Pirate could have dropped off God knows how many war supplies. However I purposely picked the time for low PCs and Server expiry.

It was as close as I could get it. ALT passé don't bother me if its just general spying... However sabotage is a cluster fcuk waiting to happen. The Game right now and quickly NEEDS and OFFSET mechanic... ALT ban won't work... needs more. Can a Pirate ALT raise Negative hostility in Kidds or Mortimer... worth a thought also

Kind regards

Norfolk nChance.

van der Decken    471

Talking with a cpl ppl from both servers the other night, the rumor is that running a small ship with fully crewed 1st or 2nd rates in fleet and leaving your fleet ship in there is how ppl are doing it. The fleet ship aparently has to survive tho. I've not tested it, as I don't have 1st rates to spare like some other ppl do. Try it and let us know. It might be how a certain "nation" on pvp2 seems to be able to nearly fully field PBs and at the same time raise hostility from 20% to 100% in only 30 minutes. It needs to be stopped and maybe fleet ships need to auto escape with no more cannon firing if the captain leaves the battle.

I did some testing earlier today.  I have all the screen prints.  I think it is an exploit.

I setup 3 x 200xp missions at Ciudad de Cuba.  Entered each of them on a basic cutter, printed the screen and left asap.

Before I went into the first of them, I printed the aggression percentages for the capital on the map.  The Danes had a high percentage, Sweden and France had smaller, equal percentages.

After the three missions were completed, the French percent increased.  I know no other French were running missions there.

One of the three missions was a dud - I know zero aggression would have come from it. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279296628/4FF46725D54290432EE56FECC2540BA09CA986EC/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279298456/A1553F2751EA05F14C446B2ACF2C287F1B1C3800/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279300320/177EEB64FC8599A975D19325430DC3754D8500B7/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279301992/1EB93EBDFAC76B795674B0E8463D254654B0E3A1/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279303622/B81CEE7B3491D41F42BF407ADB08CD0705209F91/

Coraline Vodka    174
10 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

With Missions, they keep fighting until there is a conclusion

Player Controlled fleet* will surrender when their commander leaves. The mission ai will fight it out

Edited by Coraline Vodka

I have noticed this a while back - but never thought of it as an exploit.  I'd been running missions and exited the mission with a badly wounded ship BEFORE the mission completed - then 20+ minutes later got a mission completed message - and the aggression jumped at that time...

JG14_Cuzn    169

This is most definitely an exploit.

When a single player can choose 3 missions...enter them and leave them. thus have 3 missions going on,  then possibly Go back to friendly port.  choose 3 more. and so on and so on.

Gaming the game. This is an Exploit plain and simple.

Bannable according to the tribunal.   

But more importantly needs to be dealt with by the developers if they want a healthy server.

Sir Texas Sir    3,648
1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

I did some testing earlier today.  I have all the screen prints.  I think it is an exploit.

I setup 3 x 200xp missions at Ciudad de Cuba.  Entered each of them on a basic cutter, printed the screen and left asap.

Before I went into the first of them, I printed the aggression percentages for the capital on the map.  The Danes had a high percentage, Sweden and France had smaller, equal percentages.

After the three missions were completed, the French percent increased.  I know no other French were running missions there.

One of the three missions was a dud - I know zero aggression would have come from it. 

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279296628/4FF46725D54290432EE56FECC2540BA09CA986EC/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279298456/A1553F2751EA05F14C446B2ACF2C287F1B1C3800/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279300320/177EEB64FC8599A975D19325430DC3754D8500B7/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279301992/1EB93EBDFAC76B795674B0E8463D254654B0E3A1/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/91598393279303622/B81CEE7B3491D41F42BF407ADB08CD0705209F91/

If they sink your ships shouldn't your agro be going down and not up?   The sides are always uneven so if you left there is a bigger chance that the other team, in you case would be Brit would sink the French ships and that would cause the agro to go down.  Remember only half of you agro will effect the numbers for the Dane.  I assume it's the same if you sunk.  So if you do a missions and gain or loose 500 points it only effects the Danes points by 250.

I'm thinking some one is testing it out on Isle de Pinos for the Brits side cause the agro has been going up all morning and I don't now any Pirates in that area or that are admitting they are grinding and it's about to hit 90,6%.  If it flips a Port battle than that locks out one port battle slot.  Thus being a second way to exploit the system other than to help you gain agro it can be used to lock a nation out of there two port battles slots at a time.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/92724624757143927/B3545286737DBDCD92E8DB6BBE9F05BEE973B4D3/

I'm sure Devs can check the logs and see who put all the agro on this regions.  

As for one of the fast ways I know we have flipped a regions is by hitting these.   We where at 61% at Willimton when I got out of the PvP fight I was in where we sunked two players.  When the guys finished this fleet they tagged in front of the port it flipped it over to 100% and port battle set.   We have done this a few times.   Remember you don't have to exit the battle yet so if you stay in the battle you can kinda control when you end it and when you drop all the agro.  

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/172663186560291689/3724EDDC3104EB170F2867A4E6196AFC21BEDD70/

You guys forget we don't go out and do 152 missions in 4th rates.  When we flip a port we do CURSE MISSIONS in 1st rates.  Now if any one is doing anything other than war supplies which we have rarely used (once at Cap Francs and for defence of Castries and Kidds) we done most of the agro from PvP or big missions/fleets.  you forget that PvP gives you a very big multiplyer for your agro.  Just wanted to add these things in, bu there might be something with the leaving battles things to create agro.  This is why I think NPC's war supplies should be a very small part of agro, but PvP the main reason or raids (single port flag battles).  

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

z4ys    1,597

An other thing Heth and I experienced is that you can leave the Mission the AI kill the other AI and you get the reward without doing anything.

Edited by z4ys

Sir Texas Sir    3,648

And yes it was flipped.   So some one is using this as we can't get any one in Pirates to admit they where driving it up and since BLACK is the largest clan that can grind something that fast up and we didn't do it.  We are now locked out doing a second port battle.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/92724624758708877/FEED5493EFCD15B744869588F17CA97D6137AE57/

JG14_Cuzn    169
10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And yes it was flipped.   So some one is using this as we can't get any one in Pirates to admit they where driving it up and since BLACK is the largest clan that can grind something that fast up and we didn't do it.  We are now locked out doing a second port battle.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/92724624758708877/FEED5493EFCD15B744869588F17CA97D6137AE57/

hopefully the Dev's will find a way to stop this.

Christendom    2,034

Tested this on an alt and it confirmed generated counter hostility.  Slow process, but multiple characters could significantly impact opposing hostility.  Obviously, won't continue to do so.

Edited by Christendom

Dear all,

I'm still at a loss here what to do. The Game mechanic is a game breaker in my opinion. But STAYING ON TOPIC...

I'm not sure I want to see the ALT "CHARLES HUNTER" banned. That adds little to anything but lynch mob satisfaction.

The Main Character I would like to hear some form of an apology. This would make me satisfied he would not do it again.

If the Main does not want to put the past of being a cheat behind him and remain a coward in the shadows going forward. I'm not sure how it leaves me from a personal situation. I love the game and the community(yes all of you including BadBenny), but this is a game breaker... I am convinced in theory I could really smash up the game mechanic quickly and easily with this new evidence. So if I can so can anyone else. Just ask my Danish Cousin "Norf noWay"... I hope he doesn't come to this server because the servers days are numbered if he does....

CHARLES HUNTERs Main if you've courage enough to come forward I will back you 100%. And I'm sure so will everybody else who wants Naval Action to survive

Norfolk nChance

Edited by Norfolk nChance
spelling

SteelSandwich    2,242

It's exactly why the lynch mob doesn't get to formulate the punishment for these cases. If they had their way about 90% of the people involved, even for only a simple chat violation, would be serving a permaban at this point.

So don't wprry, it will likely be a warning, depending on the frequency and continuation of the activity.

Srupl    1,393

Relevant information for the case - rather than trying to find out gilty of hostily glitch / exploit Devs should remove all hostility points gained / lost by AI. When AI kills AI, no one loses / gains hostility points. 

Offtopic:

The hostlity points should be also fixed in case of SOLs / Everything else. You gain same points for sinking Brig and Ingermanland. This causes big ships to farm quickly low level missions.

van der Decken    471
1 hour ago, sruPL said:

The hostlity points should be also fixed in case of SOLs / Everything else. You gain same points for sinking Brig and Ingermanland. This causes big ships to farm quickly low level missions.

I've proposed the points should be gained by the BR of the ship killed....

The Red Duke    6,298
1 hour ago, van der Decken said:

I've proposed the points should be gained by the BR of the ship killed....

Maybe. But winning versus 5 AI, 100 BR each is not exactly the same as fighting 1 AI 500 BR.

Basically one player Bellona can enter a Cerberus epic event and devastate - has been done.

Srupl    1,393
45 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Maybe. But winning versus 5 AI, 100 BR each is not exactly the same as fighting 1 AI 500 BR.

Basically one player Bellona can enter a Cerberus epic event and devastate - has been done.

But takes lots of time and effort for 1 Bellona player. Anyway with current BR system it would be bad, since 1st rates are just 600 and not 900 how they used to be. Many weird BR changes happened...

Jeheil    2,498
8 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Use a differential to scale the outcome. So your in a 600BR you sink 600BR you get full points

Your in a 600BR you sink 100BR you get 15% points.

Your in a 100BR you sink 600BR you get 150% points (to stop a connie just sniping in RA etc)

Thonys    350
14 hours ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Lets just keep it simple and have No aggression gained nor lost unless a Human is in the mission from beginning to end?

yep:, simple and effective 

+

escaping from battle +negative xp and degradation :)

Edited by Thonys