Game-Labs Forum

Can't Board/Cap anything

GoodTime

About 10 times now I can not Board/Cap a ship. I Prep, Sails, Armor, Grape and then attain speed. I have even come to a complete Stop and still I cant get the "G" command to board. My last battle I was in an Indefatigable trying to cap a Traders Big. Any help please...I'm getting really sick of this. Also it happens to me in PVE and in PVP.

Traders Brig is really fast, even against the wind. Try to shoot its sails with chain to 60% or even lower. Then press "9" to go in boarding mode and to get the preperation up (need s to be at least 50). Push the ship against the wind, so you and the enemy stop. Then you can board it.

I think that it didnt work yet for you because the traders brig was still too fast (both of you have to be below 3,3 knots).

The G does not always come up easily or quickly.  There have been times when I am angled bow into the enemy I don't get the G to appear until I turn the ship a little.  It can be frustrating - but I can always get it to appear (which is more than I can say about the darned X for putting crew on a captured ship - that often refuses to appear)..