Game-Labs Forum

Roll back 1.01

Nick Thomadis

Hello Generals,

The problem with the freezes that many report made us to temporarily revert to stable v1.0.

Please read:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/306660/discussions/0/624075036472580214/

Your up to now reports helped to trace the cause. We continue to work on the matter and we are going to provide the fixed v1.01 asap. Hopefully tomorrow.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

The Game-Labs Team

• Like 1

Using the Alt. Rendering might of fixed it for you. People were still having Freezes during MP games/SP when in Alt Rendering. 

Even when exiting game(Which I was having the most problems with, forcing me to using the Task Manager to stop game),

Plus I believe there was a couple things that just didn't seem to work as planned in the game, that needed to be revisited/fixed/adjusted, AFAIK.

The game Has to work as intended. One must think outside the box when catering/selling a product to the masses. Half fixes will
hurt a Product in Reliability/Accountability. Especially to the Developer's Credibility(the quality of being trusted and believed in).

A roll back use necessary. There was no alternative. The Developers tried for ~1 Day

to fix it on the fly.

IMHO the right choice was made, by a long shot......

By rolling it back to v1.0, Two things were achieved.

1- A stable game was again on the market temporarily, working as intended to this point.

2-Now the team isn't being run off there feet, pulling their hair out to obtain a fix(s).

This will give them the time to give it a good going over. Being able to put out another Beta, to gather feedback on stability/working mechanics  etc.

@ Hawke

AFAIK..n...IMO....This is experienced with most developers with new Games, going forward with

adding new features/updating. Problems can n do arise. The new Build 1.01(Beta) seems to be working just fine now

Most People that get a new game, will do some research into it before considering buying, They soon realize,

Game-Labs/Devs are quite active on the forums, and are quick to let ppl know whats what,

with problems + always looking for feedback/Suggestions.

People quickly pick up on the dedication this team has with their game(s) that

are in development/Release's/Updating. People like n appreciate this. So when these hiccups happen

all/most are quite satisfied to go with the flow(Roll back)/giving support/understanding that ongoing development of a game is No easy Walk in the Park.

This in itself speaks volumes for the Developers credibility going forward.

• Like 2

Oh I've seen worse, much worse than that.

Actually this is one of the most polished 1.0 I ever saw... there's games who are at the 2.0 and have no glitches but a catastrophic gameplay design, games released 14 months ago that are so glitched you'd rather uninstall and the non plus ultra, games that have gone through alpha, beta, 2.0 and they are completely unplayable with glitches, bugs, memory leaks (forcing the restart) and CTDs.

The freezing bug is just a small glitch, which doesn't happen with the alternate render... things like these may happen but if they are fixed in a few days it wouldn't be a big deal. Nick warned of the bug, I've had it and then switched to alt-render I had it no more. And there's basically no visible change, at least here, for the alt-render version. This prompt communication mitigated the hiccup a lot.

Anyway a permanent fix should be coming very soon.

Oh I've seen worse, much worse than that.

Actually this is one of the most polished 1.0 I ever saw... there's games who are at the 2.0 and have no glitches but a catastrophic gameplay design, games released 14 months ago that are so glitched you'd rather uninstall and the non plus ultra, games that have gone through alpha, beta, 2.0 and they are completely unplayable with glitches, bugs, memory leaks (forcing the restart) and CTDs.

The freezing bug is just a small glitch, which doesn't happen with the alternate render... things like these may happen but if they are fixed in a few days it wouldn't be a big deal. Nick warned of the bug, I've had it and then switched to alt-render I had it no more. And there's basically no visible change, at least here, for the alt-render version. This prompt communication mitigated the hiccup a lot.

Anyway a permanent fix should be coming very soon.

Thats all good and well, but I still think there is something odd about the roll back. Don't get me wrong, I like this game and I want it to improve steadily, but wouldn't a beta branch in steam have prevented all this? Additionally, the steam news still says 1.01 is released, and I take it that most buyers of this game don't hang around in this forum. 

This all might come across slightly amateurish to some people (something I clearly think the devs are NOT) and could hurt this games PR.

I agree.

However, the 1.01 contained some critical and some very important gameplay glitch fixes, that postponing the release for an occasional freezing was not really necessary.

Not everyone with 1.01 was/is freezing. Hang on everybody! :)

Hello all,

Sorry for the long wait. The patch v1.01 HotFix will be available within some hours today.

It will contain the following:

- Freezes cure for all systems.

- Morale balances so that it is resilient but not so stiff to result to frequent total annihilation of units.

- AI improvements/Fine tunes. Repairs in some AI that were so defensive they did not want to attack in some maps.

- Fixes in targeting. Affects positively AI and auto-line management.

- Further fixes in retreat direction.

- Balanced artillery to do more reasonable damage from far distance and not so heavy from short distance.

- Minor text fixes.

- LoS max intensity increased to be more evident (You can configure in options the optimal intensity).

• Like 1

Hello Generals, 

Patch 1.01 HotFix is finally available! Please read what it includes:

We are sorry for the delay and we hope freezes will no longer exist. Please write your feedback in this thread: http://forum.game-labs.net/index.php?/topic/1859-feedback-for-v101-14112014/
Closing this one.

The Game-Labs Team