Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

10 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Apparently you got into the battle early. That is now what i heard

See that is the problem.  "YOU HEARD."  Show me the screen shots of those numbers you keep coming up with.  Folks blow things our of proportion all the time. I seen in chat folks say there was 10 pirates that attacked them all in first rates and it was only 4 of us in 4th rates and a Bucc.   They just didn't want to admit they got sunk when they had us out number.  This is why we take screen shots as proof cause you guys got really crappy math skills.

23 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Not to mention we are just feed up with being constantly attacked and being on the offense so we figure it's time to take the fight to there shores.

Please do not be offended when I say this because it is not my intent. You guys are pirates. What did you expect. Putting aside past grudges the old members have between the factions, Pirates will always be attacked. We have to forget how things were politically in the past. Those days where pirates can make alliances and agreements on equal terms as the other factions are gone. Pirates as a faction in the current state of the game are a pure pvp faction and should be attacking everyone and should be attacked by eveyone in return. This does not mean you should sit back and take it. Of course you should strike back. When the Devs released the politics system into the game they should have released an update for pirates as well. Deciding what their role in the game should be if they are not participants in the politics. Right now the pirates situation in the game in general is not idea and i really do hope in the next update or two the Devs do finally deside what to do with pirates rather than bouncing back and forth with this Outlaw vs. Republic idea.

By the way I dont think I mentioned this but great turn out at Castries! Hopefully we start to see similar numbers in open world as well. 

Edited by Marrius

As a simple observer of these proceedings, people must refrain from attaching their own biases without any particular evidence in regards to the fact.

What I gathered from Sir Texas' aim of this thread was to report and showcase the battles etc that are taking place on the server. Not a repeat of many other threads about politics on PvP2 where they turned into a podium for the boastful. Just look at the original post by El Capitano and do a search of 'Lord Roberts' to see what I mean by this.

A little gentlemanly conduct can go along way chaps. 

Juan

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Juan Alfonso said:

As a simple observer of these proceedings, people must refrain from attaching their own biases without any particular evidence in regards to the fact.

What I gathered from Sir Texas' aim of this thread was to report and showcase the battles etc that are taking place on the server. Not a repeat of many other threads about politics on PvP2 where they turned into a podium for the boastful. Just look at the original post by El Capitano and do a search of 'Lord Roberts' to see what I mean by this.

A little gentlemanly conduct can go along way chaps. 

Juan

Agreed. I want to apologize for straying off subject slightly to discuss the political situation concerning pirates even though I have no intent to cause strife or to ruffle feathers. 

2 minutes ago, Marrius said:

Please do not be offended when I say this because it is not my intent. You guys are pirates. What did you expect. Putting aside past grudges the old members have between the factions, Pirates will always be attacked. We have to forget how things were politically in the past. Those days where pirates can make alliances and agreements on equal terms as the other factions are gone. Pirates as a faction in the current state of the game are a pure pvp faction and should be attacking everyone and should be attacked by eveyone in return. This does not mean you should sit back and take it. Of course you should strike back. When the Devs released the politics system into the game they should have released an update for pirates as well. Deciding what their role in the game should be if they are not participants in the politics. Right now the pirates situation in the game in general is not idea and i really do hope in the next update or two the Devs do finally deside what to do with pirates rather than bouncing back and forth with this Outlaw vs. Republic idea.

By the way I dont think I mentioned this but great turn out at Castries! Hopefully we start to see similar numbers in open world as well. 

But the problem is we shouldn't be the only ones Nations fight.  They shoudl be fighting each other too.  We have no problem with fighting every one, just not the fact that no one else fights each other. I'll bring it up again.  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME US AND BRITS FOUGHT EACH OTHER?   AUGUST of last year.  yes over 6 months ago was the last time the two largest nations on the PvP2 server have fought each other.  There is something wrong with a game where one faction is the only one that is keeping the game alive.   Cause I'm going to be honest with you if we didn't fight back and keep the PvP going this server would be very dead.  I mean unless your into PvE and such.  Just look how much the pop has gone up now that we are getting numbers to actually fight back.  This should give the nations enough players to also fight back.  Instead what do ya'll do?  BRITS run and make an alliance with the DUTCH instead of fighting them or US.   We haven't even really attacked ya'll other than run some agro up in a region that should be main hot red zones.  You know since that is where the DEEP water PvP zone is at.   Since we didn't want the ports we didn't even show up for the port battles and made it very clear we where not planing to.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

But the problem is we shouldn't be the only ones Nations fight.  They shoudl be fighting each other too.  We have no problem with fighting every one, just not the fact that no one else fights each other. I'll bring it up again.  WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME US AND BRITS FOUGHT EACH OTHER?   AUGUST of last year.  yes over 6 months ago was the last time the two largest nations on the PvP2 server have fought each other.  There is something wrong with a game where one faction is the only one that is keeping the game alive.   Cause I'm going to be honest with you if we didn't fight back and keep the PvP going this server would be very dead.  I mean unless your into PvE and such.  Just look how much the pop has gone up now that we are getting numbers to actually fight back.  This should give the nations enough players to also fight back.  Instead what do ya'll do?  BRITS run and make an alliance with the DUTCH instead of fighting them or US.   We haven't even really attacked ya'll other than run some agro up in a region that should be main hot red zones.  You know since that is where the DEEP water PvP zone is at.   Since we didn't want the ports we didn't even show up for the port battles and made it very clear we where not planing to.

As much as I agree with much you have said and even disagree with a few points as this random Juan, who has emerged from the blue, has stated we should stay on topic. I will, at a more reasonable hour, private message you a respond if you like since I myself love our discussions. 

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

30 Screeners?  Maybe at most 10 if you add them together.   You guys like to blow your numbers way out of the book.  I only counted like a couple Danes and french myself.     We actually spotted a lot more of you but you didn't enter the fight.  40 Pirates?  Where the hell you getting your numbers from?   We had 25 in the battle with one person that couldn't get in.  That is a first for us.   It's taken a lot of getting old players back and if you look at that list there are a few  names that are recent recruits from other nations.   Just cause some one brings 25 one time doesn't mean we had it all along.  You have to remember the server pop is going up lately. In fact as of the 1st of this month since we stired the pot with these operations.  The reason players have stopped playing is cause they got bored and nothing was happening.  We are making things happen.  Many of the players you see logged on in the last few days haven't been on in weeks or months.  

Tex is right I stopped because it was boring. I got a message on the weekend epic 25v25 I said im in. Thats all it took, end game for me is 25v25 1st rate battles. 

• Like 3

Just remember Carebears, you are fighting a clan (BLACK) not the Pirate nation. Its pretty pathetic to come back to the game to see the 3 biggest nations allied. Its pvp not hold hands and throw flowers and do economy.

Want to play like that go pve. 

You want server health, the 2 biggest nations US and Brit should be at war like it was last year, used to have 300 people on, now its 100. Its a joke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Marrius said:

Bummed you guys took Doug Maoz. I like Doug. Doug made me my first Bellona and first Victory.  I don't want to kill Doug. What about Jarlath Morrow? You guys grabbing him as well? You just erasing an entire clan from existence? It depresses me to see the more independent thinking individuals of Great Britain being absorbed into the pirates.

Ive said it time and time again, your carebear alliance limits pvp. This is a pvp server, these guys leave on there own accord and no one grabbed them. Want PvP come pirates and fight everyone, want to limit your fun and sail around with no fear join carebear united.

Your big power hungry leaders who love to flip the pixel on the port do not see the bigger picture. When BLACK clan painted the map black, you all cried server health. Please give nations 5 ports blah blah its all i heard everyday and the posts on the forums nerf the pirates etc.. Pirates have nothing and we dont care and we dont cry about it. All we want is fights.

So keep screening to stop the port battle. Why not just let everyone in and have fun. I used to say back in the day (flag system) let them plant and have a battle we win or lose who cares.

• Like 2

San Jaun Line Ship Deep water Port Battle:  0 US vs 24 Dans/Swedes/French

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/83717093918266895/982B6402EF9BD2CAA795C2BE26A8FCB52B441565/

Well there was some that keep peeking out of the port but no one entered the battle.  Pirates screened and caught a Santi out side so they had come and brought some ships.  Thanks the Santi will be put to good yes soon.  Danes I think got some one after the fight.  Is this going to be the norm now?    Cause I think it's very funny that when it was Pirates they would set there alarms and show up cause they would out number us, but as soon as some one that can field equal numbers shows up there is no one to be found.

6 hours ago, Loco Bandito said:

Just remember Carebears, you are fighting a clan (BLACK) not the Pirate nation. Its pretty pathetic to come back to the game to see the 3 biggest nations allied. Its pvp not hold hands and throw flowers and do economy.

Want to play like that go pve. 

You want server health, the 2 biggest nations US and Brit should be at war like it was last year, used to have 300 people on, now its 100. Its a joke.

Can I just say how happy I am to see you again? <3

• Like 1

I am a firm believer that the recent flare up in pvping and port battles is bringing folks back. This is what we need, I've said it multiple times that no matter what dumb arguments we have, for the good of the server we should just pvp with as many players we can, it only gets better this way.

As Juan said, look up Lord Roberts and that "era" of naval action when we had 600-800 folks online at us prime time. Pvp was a plenty but there could gave been so much more if players fought instead of hide in ports

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

San Jaun Line Ship Deep water Port Battle:  0 US vs 24 Dans/Swedes/French

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/83717093918266895/982B6402EF9BD2CAA795C2BE26A8FCB52B441565/

Well there was some that keep peeking out of the port but no one entered the battle.  Pirates screened and caught a Santi out side so they had come and brought some ships.  Thanks the Santi will be put to good yes soon.  Danes I think got some one after the fight.  Is this going to be the norm now?    Cause I think it's very funny that when it was Pirates they would set there alarms and show up cause they would out number us, but as soon as some one that can field equal numbers shows up there is no one to be found.

What time was that port battle? Most people that are on during the evening can't be on for that time in America, work and sleep are more important. And the 3 or 4 that probably were popping out of port, should they go commit suicide versus a full port of enemies they would have no hope to even learn from? I think that is a stretch.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

I am a firm believer that the recent flare up in pvping and port battles is bringing folks back. This is what we need, I've said it multiple times that no matter what dumb arguments we have, for the good of the server we should just pvp with as many players we can, it only gets better this way.

As Juan said, look up Lord Roberts and that "era" of naval action when we had 600-800 folks online at us prime time. Pvp was a plenty but there could gave been so much more if players fought instead of hide in ports

We certainly haven't had so many PBs in the upcoming days at one time in a very long time, hopefully come back and are here to stay a while.

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

What time was that port battle? Most people that are on during the evening can't be on for that time in America, work and sleep are more important. And the 3 or 4 that probably were popping out of port, should they go commit suicide versus a full port of enemies they would have no hope to even learn from? I think that is a stretch.

It's just a Danish revenge,GB and US are doing the same thing for us,After reset, we never attacked the port of US GB 

Until the early hours of the morning they attacked our port 

You are too self righteous.your own point of view, never consider others 

Edited by chailang
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, chailang said:

It's just a Danish revenge,GB and US are doing the same thing for us,After reset, we never attacked the port of US GB 

Until the early hours of the morning they attacked our port 

You are too self righteous.your own point of view, never consider others 

Ah yes, because the server maximums are on when you are on, you guys should have your own servers or the devs should fix the PB mechanics. Your ad hominem is reflective on your own knowledge of the server population 

14 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Ah yes, because the server maximums are on when you are on, you guys should have your own servers or the devs should fix the PB mechanics. Your ad hominem is reflective on your own knowledge of the server population 

what is the server population?  From what I see, it is very scattered across time zones.  Our small French clan has 4 or 5 in Europe, 1 in brazil, 2 in Canada, 7 or 8 in the usa, 1 in NZ, 1 in China.  The danes have a high population in Asia.  There are a considerable number of Aussie players playing for Pirates, Dutch and a few for the Swedes.  There is no 'convenient' time for everyone. 

Sadly, the 46 hour timing on PB's hurts when you have people playing on weekends - only to have PB's scheduled at very inconvenient times on a Monday or Tuesday.

You may not appreciate it, but you are not seeing 5am eastern USA PB's now - the last few are around 7am so more players could join.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 1

The Dutch are just an extension of US and Brit players who have re-rolled thus keeping the freedom of the carebears pve environment stable.

if the Dutch wanted to make a name for themselves and prove they are worthy they should go to war with US and Brit and liven things up on the server. More players will come back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

what is the server population?  From what I see, it is very scattered across time zones.  Our small French clan has 4 or 5 in Europe, 1 in brazil, 2 in Canada, 7 or 8 in the usa, 1 in NZ, 1 in China.  The danes have a high population in Asia.  There are a considerable number of Aussie players playing for Pirates, Dutch and a few for the Swedes.  There is no 'convenient' time for everyone. 

Sadly, the 46 hour timing on PB's hurts when you have people playing on weekends - only to have PB's scheduled at very inconvenient times on a Monday or Tuesday.

You may not appreciate it, but you are not seeing 5am eastern USA PB's now - the last few are around 7am so more players could join.

I hate to admit the flag system was better we had more players on then. Just limit flags to 2 per nation/ alliance that can be bought or one flag per 3-4 hours would have been a better option. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

The Dutch are just an extension of US and Brit players who have re-rolled thus keeping the freedom of the carebears pve environment stable.

if the Dutch wanted to make a name for themselves and prove they are worthy they should go to war with US and Brit and liven things up on the server. More players will come back.

We had a chat to Dutch about it. Proposition was all small nations unite vs gb/us. Thats all they need doing to bring server back. Next thing you know, Dutch went allied with US and immediately lost their best PVPers. 

@Marrius we dont "grab" anyone. Jarlath got screenshot when I first told him to join BLACK if he wants PVP. This was when he just started. A compelete newb. He said no. His hopes were that GB will grow some balls. Reason why both of them left is only your nations to blame. You don't appreciate your best PVPers. 

35 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

But I will say much respect for the French sticking it to the other nations and standing up for server health. They are the real winners at the moment in my eyes.

French trying to keep low and grow their nation as what I see. Smart and patient.

Danes are my heroes. They have been sticking to their word all this time. True to our agreements even when pirates were scattered and broken. I wont trade this alliance for all others combined.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 3

for hello kitty's sake this thread is nothing but hello kitty bitching and hello kitty crying. if you dont like the alliances then hello kitty, join that hello kitty alliance's enemy. if you're hello kitty crying about small nations being attacked, then hello kitty join the small nation and hello kitty help them. if you're not a hello kitty national, then shut your hello kitty mouth about how nationals handle their politics. it is none of your hello kitty business. if you don't like it, then leave the hello kitty rats and join a national or leave the hello kitty game again and play something else or join the other server. for hello kitty's sake!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Oh don't give me that excuse the server had over 70 folks on at that hour and that i more than we have had on when we had port battle.  I seen the US/Brit/Dutch field in there alliance well over 20 at that hour.   There where folks caught in first rates on the way or leaving so ya'll had folks there.  We saw a lot of folks popping in and out so ya'll just waited to see the numbers.  Sorry we have fought many times out number and won.  Ya'll refuse to fight unless you out number some one.   Castries ya'll could of field a good 20+ and ya'll didn't.   I mean if ya'll did the whole flip to stop us from taking the US port than ya'll knew we would show up to that one and could of fielded a full port battle.  There was well over 40 players over at Augustine.  That is fine as it's a tatci, but it's a cheesy one that is used by cowards that don't want to fight against a smaller nation.

2 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Wow this starting to sound like the EU on PvP1.  These are world wide servers and I seen well over 20+ remembers at the port battles at this time.  The US/Brit/Dutch do have there own SEA/AUS players too.  You just want to kill the game even more by splitting it up into a third SEA/AU server?   You truly are just a care bear lol,  I don't think you know what that word means.  He listed facts as to why they are attacking at that time.  It's there prime time and the US/Brit/Dutch attack during there prime time which is early morning for the Danes players.  It seems your the one that is doing the ad hominem not him.  He brought facts.   He wasn't attacking you or dutch personally. 

ad ho·mi·nem
ˌad ˈhämənəm/
adverb & adjective

1. 1.
    (of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining.
    "vicious ad hominem attacks"
  2. 2.
    relating to or associated with a particular person.
    "the office was created ad hominem for Fenton"
1 hour ago, ElricTheTwo said:

We acutally wanted to push the after server flips to more this time, but that 46 hour thing makes it hard to stay up and help the SEA/AU players get a prime time slot as it's way to late for the rest of us.  Same with the US prime time you ahve to start grinding before your main prime time players are on to get that last port battle time.  Well we know know ways to do it without grinding for hours.   We posted the mega fleet we hit that gave us over 40% agro with one fleet.  We can flip ports in 1-2 hours with no war supplies.  We have not used one war supplies since I think that last time we flipped Cap Frances in a prime time slot.  We actually go out with 1st rates and do curse missions.  ya'll go out with 4th rates and do small 152 missions.  SOLS gives you more points.  10 SOLS give you alot of points (we have about 6-9 guys in the fleets doing the agro).   We are using our small numbers to the max.  US/Brits/Dutch can even see what we are doing on Joba's stream.  We aren't hiding a thing.  We are doing this cause we are sick of folks saying we are exploiting or hacking.  NO WE ARE PLAYING THE GAME.

41 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

I really thought the numbers of active fighting players for the Dutch/Brits would of made a good match up for them to fight each other or if they joined each other they would of been more stronger than the US.  US needs to step back and take in some small nations....LIKE SPAIN.  They can field just them self 20+ in all these battles in both time slots. I been posting these battles for one main goal.  To show folks exactly how many folks been showing up to these port battles. I noticed all the comments about pirates numbers have gone down until recently.  Cause we are showing we really only field 12-15 up till last week.  Yes folks we are getting 20+ in battles cause a lot of folks are coming back to play cause of all the fights.  Fights bring players back.  People do want to fight.  I hear daily from US and Brit players that want to fight others than just the pirates.  They want to fight others with there skill levels as well lets be honest the Pirates are some of the elite PvPers.   We dont' want to be the only one folks fight.  We would be happy with just scheduling fights here and there, but until folks stop attacking our 2 econ ports (use to be 3) we will continue to strick at the heart of those nations.   We will not sit back and just take it.  

14 minutes ago, Loco Bandito said:

I hate to admit the flag system was better we had more players on then. Just limit flags to 2 per nation/ alliance that can be bought or one flag per 3-4 hours would have been a better option. 

A raid system as a means that isn't the PvE grind would really help the game I think.  If they just take what they knew was abused by the flag system and tweek it it would make a great side way to have battles and another way to grow agro.