Game-Labs Forum

[PvP2 US] Political Situation's and Port Battles reports

Sir Texas Sir

Re-Post from old thread

Chaps,

Off the cuff idea... I want to have an ELITE Green Connie fleet fight with BLACK.....

The All Stars Carebear Challenge Cup...

No Mods etc maybe 6 or 7 side Koltes, Sir Texas, Ned, Lone... Flipper Mixy Dru

good/bad ? not really? let me know if you want me to put some more thought into it?

[Norfolk nChance]

Green Connie???
Not sure if i could bear it...

[koltes]

Hi Koltes,

"bear it" lol

No seriously this is ME being totally selfish. I need all on a level slate so I can see, question and analyze the data better.

I need BLACKs best to come and show ME how my ELITE Captains and I will... Hunt and trap you, Board you, Sink you and tactically out play you in battle in hopefully the not too distant future. The battle will not be filmed by us or talked about beyond ELITE. We want you to show us our future in PvP.

What if I suggest All Green Bucc's?

ouch .... all GOLD Buccs  at a push?

but remember we are still a young clan Koltes, that'll cost us a bit (and you are not going finance us) but if that brings you to the table I will talk to the boys  ?

no Mods perm or regs or Officer Perks of any kind. Plain Gold Vanilla, just gun load outs and repair kits... I could deck out 6-7 Elite. If you agreed to the Green Connie I would obviously supply you all with them(that doesn't sound much, but It would be for us).

Let me know what you think

[Norfolk nChance]

11 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

.Sir Texas, It might be me being dumb but I cannot Update your post at the front. Can I suggest we PM you with the info to be added or someone tell me how to do it? Also may I suggest against each active clan a rep name or leader for a new player to contact be displayed? Maybe the clans languages Like Dane's CCCP Mandarin is a great USP...

I'm the only one that can edit that page.  Kinda stepped up to the plate as the PvP2 bookie for current affairs.  So if you want to update clan info let me know. I'll be doing a weekly updates of the alliance system after each weeks votes.

And remember folks like Norfolk said early lets keep this one clutter down to Clan Info, Politics, Port Battle results and such and keep the smack talking down.   We can use the old one for that.   Lets keep the players informed of what's going on in the game.  Would be nice if we can find some one in US that will pick up things from there side.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Re-Post from old thread

Chaps,

Off the cuff idea... I want to have an ELITE Green Connie fleet fight with BLACK.....

good/bad ? not really? let me know if you want me to put some more thought into it?

[Norfolk nChance]

Stream it so we can all see it, Hoss.

12 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Re-Post from old thread

Chaps,

[Norfolk nChance]

Green Connie???

[koltes]

Hi Koltes,

"bear it" lol

No seriously this is ME being totally selfish. I need all on a level slate so I can see, question and analyze the data better.

I need BLACKs best to come and show ME how my ELITE Captains and I will... Hunt and trap you, Board you, Sink you and tactically out play you in battle in hopefully the not too distant future. The battle will not be filmed by us or talked about beyond ELITE. We want you to show us our future in PvP.

but remember we are still a young clan Koltes, that'll cost us a bit (and you are not going finance us) but if that brings you to the table I will talk to the boys  ?

no Mods perm or regs or Officer Perks of any kind. Plain Gold Vanilla, just gun load outs and repair kits... I could deck out 6-7 Elite. If you agreed to the Green Connie I would obviously supply you all with them(that doesn't sound much, but It would be for us).

[Norfolk nChance]

We need to get with the Devs about getting a few actual folks that can set up Tournaments on PvP2.  I still want to do the "Small Battle Gunboat Wars"  Pretty much any ship with BR 50 or below (so cutters and such too).  It would of been a good thing to do over the holidays during a cease fire like PvP1 did for Christmas.  Could run it all day and since it is small battles the teams will be mixed up.

You can do the same with the Green Connie Cup thing.  Though I would say include every one so that we can have a big mix and well that would mean we won't be on one team.  It might be a bit lopsided if you have a bunch of experience folks on one side and none on the other.   I'm kinda with Koltes green ships would be painful but doing no real mods and gold ships means it's more about the skill of the player.

34 minutes ago, Jean Ribault said:

Stream it so we can all see it, Hoss.

I'm sure there is enough to record and steam something if we set something up.  I been meaning to figure it out myself.  Overwolf seems to hate recording this game and I haven't messed with many other stuff. I don't do the straeam thing so would have to be some one else.

Puerto Plata 4th Rate Deep water Port battle.  0 Brits vs 25 Danes/French/Swedes

Pretty much a few Brits/US showed and I think one was tagged by the Pirates out side but he got away.  They said they saw a few Brits peeking in and out of the port but none of them came out and joined the battle.  

Dutch had a battle with the Swedes right before and I heard it was like 1 Swedes vs 12-18 (no clear number) in that battle.  So I guess the normal is going to be two flips a night and no one shows?  Cause Pirates have to deal with two of them tonight.  We will see who shows for which.

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Puerto Plata 4th Rate Deep water Port battle.  0 Brits vs 25 Danes/French/Swedes

Pretty much a few Brits/US showed and I think one was tagged by the Pirates out side but he got away.  They said they saw a few Brits peeking in and out of the port but none of them came out and joined the battle.  

Dutch had a battle with the Swedes right before and I heard it was like 1 Swedes vs 12-18 (no clear number) in that battle.  So I guess the normal is going to be two flips a night and no one shows?  Cause Pirates have to deal with two of them tonight.  We will see who shows for which.

I think most of us had work or if younger, school. These port battle hours are horrible. Not that I am upset that you guys took it but took it without resistence.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Marrius said:

I think most of us had work or if younger, school. These port battle hours are horrible. Not that I am upset that you guys took it but took it without resistance.

It's a world wide server.  Got an issue with SEA/AUS prime time get more players of that to log on and player.  How you think they feel when you hit them while they aren't online and none prime time.  Remember ya'll started to attack them first.  They are only attacking back cause of the attacks made upon them.  Your nation opened that can of worms.  

I'll say the same thing I say to the PvP1 guys.  If you can't keep it in one time zone, wait until ti cools off and than flip it back in your time zone.   Than again the game will be playing cause it's about RvR and well having battles means your doing that.  It gets stail when every one sits on there thumbs and don't attack any one.  And I seen plenty enough US and Brits show up when Pirates attack ports.  Maybe it's more that isn't a key port for ya'l and you only took it to take it from the pirates in an attempt to crush us.  Wasn't a key region for us either.   And of course at that time we had hard enough time fielding 5-10 players during and maybe 15 max for a port battle.  Ya'll had no issue taking it than when ya'll where fielding 25+.

And what about ya'll little alliance, Dutch had a bit of players on, so they couldn't come over and help the US/Brits that was on?  There was over 60 players online at that time so there was folks on, but I bet they saw the numbers and instead of trying to fight back they just said screw it don't even try.

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's a world wide server.  Got an issue with SEA/AUS prime time get more players of that to log on and player.  How you think they feel when you hit them while they aren't online and none prime time.  Remember ya'll started to attack them first.  They are only attacking back cause of the attacks made upon them.  Your nation opened that can of worms.  

I'll say the same thing I say to the PvP1 guys.  If you can't keep it in one time zone, wait until ti cools off and than flip it back in your time zone.   Than again the game will be playing cause it's about RvR and well having battles means your doing that.  It gets stale when every one sits on there thumbs and don't attack any one.  And I seen plenty enough US and Brits show up when Pirates attack ports.  Maybe it's more that isn't a key port for ya'l and you only took it to take it from the pirates in an attempt to crush us.  Wasn't a key region for us either.   And of course at that time we had hard enough time fielding 5-10 players during and maybe 15 max for a port battle.  Ya'll had no issue taking it than when ya'll where fielding 25+.

I have stated this multiple times on multiple threads. I do not want a port battle system that would exclude people from other parts of the world other than the Americas. I would like a system where the hours would be a bit more reasonable that is all. I am also not saying that the Danes, Swedes, French, and Pirates should be the only ones attacking ports with opposition. Same for the US, Great Britain, and Dutch. Everyone should have opposition in a port battle because if I am going to a port battle I at least want a "battle." Like Port Prince a week or two ago. I was disappointed there was no battle. I was so gun-ho for a good fight but no one turned up, and I know there was a reason to it, but this was just my feeling at that moment. If you also read I was not upset that you guys took the region. Hell you could go down and take Port Prince for all I care. Sure we lose a silver source but it is part of the game and we would just have to work hard to get it back. So to clarify I am only upset that the port battle occurred and no one was there to challenge you just for the sake of fun and nothing to do politically.

13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And what about ya'll little alliance, Dutch had a bit of players on, so they couldn't come over and help the US/Brits that was on?

I am not sure about the United States. For the Dutch that is a bit of a trip. For Great Britain we are not in an alliance with the Dutch till tonight unless something happened to the vote count to keep them in their current neutral state. At best all they could do is screen for Great Britain at this current moment.

The battle started at 6:39am eastern USA time.  I typically wake around 6am, so the early USA time works out fine for me - I just have to leave for work by 8:30am +/-.  I don't like PB's that start at 5am...  I won't be awake for those. 

I thought this was a semi-reasonable time for some of the USA players.  I was surprised some of the GB/USA didn't at least show.  The Danes/Swedes/French showed at Ponce when we knew we would be outnumbered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Marrius said:

I have stated this multiple times on multiple threads. I do not want a port battle system that would exclude people from other parts of the world other than the Americas. I would like a system where the hours would be a bit more reasonable that is all. I am also not saying that the Danes, Swedes, French, and Pirates should be the only ones attacking ports with opposition. Same for the US, Great Britain, and Dutch. Everyone should have opposition in a port battle because if I am going to a port battle I at least want a "battle." Like Port Prince a week or two ago. I was disappointed there was no battle. I was so gun-ho for a good fight but no one turned up, and I know there was a reason to it, but this was just my feeling at that moment. If you also read I was not upset that you guys took the region. Hell you could go down and take Port Prince for all I care. Sure we lose a silver source but it is part of the game and we would just have to work hard to get it back. So to clarify I am only upset that the port battle occurred and no one was there to challenge you just for the sake of fun and nothing to do politically.

I am not sure about the United States. For the Dutch that is a bit of a trip. For Great Britain we are not in an alliance with the Dutch till tonight unless something happened to the vote count to keep them in their current neutral state. At best all they could do is screen for Great Britain at this current moment.

We didn't mean to flip Port Prince it was all the guys getting killed that flipped that. Same with Cayes.  We even made it clear we weren't even going to try show up.  We build agro to get folks to come out of there holes and fight.   It seems it's the only way to do it.  Why you think we are taking the fight to US main regions.  Funny thing is we only see the small guys come out and fight.  Where are all this big clans that talk so much crap?  NPG/CKA and such?   We are giving the smaller newer guys credit for coming out and fighting.   Well Danes fliped Port Prince this morning so it won't be us, but we might see if they want to trade Castries if they take it.  Way better spot for us.   Yah ya'll have another silver down south and you can use one of US three silver ports too.   Well the Dutches.

As for Dutch being to far, they been along the US coast so it's not to far, the truth is that is just a none important region.   Though I just noticed that the allaince doesn't fall through until tomorrow.  Hell I though it would, that good news for the PB's tonight. I'm kinda disappointed in Brits and Dutch jumping right back into that allaince.  To be honest the allaince is nothing but a crutch cause as large as ya'll nations are ya'll should be fighting for your self not using each other.  That and ya'll need to stop using each others regions and work on your own.  Would be great if Dutch/Brit keep an alliance and gave US a little bit of a fight.   The big boy on the block been sitting up there way to long and they only keep that spot of owning half the map cause no one else fights them.

11 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

The battle started at 6:39am eastern USA time.  I typically wake around 6am, so the early USA time works out fine for me - I just have to leave for work by 8:30am +/-.  I don't like PB's that start at 5am...  I won't be awake for those. 

I thought this was a semi-reasonable time for some of the USA players.  I was surprised some of the GB/USA didn't at least show.  The Danes/Swedes/French showed at Ponce when we knew we would be outnumbered.

We honestly had been trying to make the morning battles a little later so it wasn't right when servers come up, but this stupid 46 hours later thing keeps making it a pain and the actual windows we can battle in.  The where on, they just refuse to fight when they are going to be beaten.  They only fight when they out number the other side.

• Like 1

@Sir Texas Sir What happen to keep chatter to minimum on this thread? Haha I know you wont resist lol :) 

On 2/6/2017 at 10:14 PM, Norfolk nChance said:

Re-Post from old thread

Chaps,

[Norfolk nChance]

Green Connie???

[koltes]

Hi Koltes,

"bear it" lol

[Norfolk nChance]

In the past we were trusting people to downgrade too when they asked us to downgrade. I ended up dueling a guy in green frigate with no upgrades and perks and he took gold and everything else. After the match he was bragging in global that he got me. I knew the rate he was loosing armor vs how I was loosing armor wasnt right, but still saild GF and congratulated him in global. Later one of the brits sent me screenshot of him talking in nation how he used better ship and upgrades and perks. If anyone wants to cheat you cant stop them.

The reason why we stopped dueling or having organised tream fights in less than gold is to eliminate any cheating from any side. Bring your best. Its easy and fair and stops all and any cheating. BLACK fights to win. None of us will fight to let you have some ego restored :)

If you want to know how your captains do I can duel every one of them so you only need to supply one ship and upgrades and in duel screen no one sinks. We dont do specific ship vs specific ships. We just do ship rate vs ship rate. The rest is up to you. Its fair becuase some will sail connie better than aggy, and others the opposite.

If you want your team vs our team you will have to wait until you get your shit sorted mate. It wont be long.

You will not see BLACK sail anything but gold. Asking us to downgrade is like asking us to wear g-strings instead of normal undies :)

I dont think I can bear it :D

20 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

...I'm kinda with Koltes green ships would be painful but doing no real mods and gold ships means it's more about the skill of the player.

If everyone have gold ships, all the perks and upgrades it is also about player's skill, but more realistic one as this is now we fight in OW real pvp.

Edited by koltes
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, koltes said:

@Sir Texas Sir What happen to keep chatter to minimum on this thread? Haha I know you wont resist lol :) 

Was more talking about reports of battle, and smack talking.  We where doing a friendly chat about why folks did or didn't show up.

You will not see BLACK sail anything but gold. Asking us to downgrade is like asking us to wear g-strings instead of normal undies :)

I dont think I can bear it :D

I don't think any one of us would like to see any of the others in g-strings.   

If everyone have gold ships, all the perks and upgrades it is also about player's skill, but more realistic one as this is now we fight in OW real pvp.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, koltes said:

As long as the chatter stays civil, reflective, and within the mainframe of in-game politics it should be okay. 

If it becomes finger pointing, he said she said, and simply crying about a topic that has no intent to be progressive towards a positive solution is when one should put their foot down.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ElricTheTwo said:

Let me tell you, Elric is anything but a nightflipper, or an opportunist.  As a former member of FTC France he loaded up the clan warehouse and pvp'd extensively, and as you can see is leading a commanding charge for some time now for a strong France.  He gives liberally of knowledge for trainees and all assets.  If he says this was the best time compromise under the current limiting conquest system then you can take him at his word.  ;)

• Like 1

San Augistine Line Ship Deep Water port battle:  25+ US/Brits vs 0 pirates

Good turn out but one has to pick there fights and since it wasn't a home econ region we don't care about the attack.   Got our PvP in the OW any way.

Castries Line Ship Deep water port battle.  25 Pirates vs 7 Dutch/US

We had a port battle for San Augustine for tonight, but since we only flipped it for the PvP agro fun out side we where going to pick our defense over a port we don't need or want.  As soon as we logged in the Dutch escaped once there timer was up.

I'm going to guess this is going to go back to the same way it was before.  Can't beat us on straight up fights so they will pull 5 flags.  That ok we only have 2 regions so while one is on cool down we can defend the other.   Until than we will continue the fun of our operations along the US coast line.

Than again we took 3 first rates today, sanked a ton of ships, saved Catries, flipped a port, stopped a port.  Well I think it was a good day. I noticed some others where a little busy today too.   Well it seems like a very interesting week.  Oh and during the port battles the server pop was up to 206.  Highest it' been since the patch and those crappy treasure events.   Maybe a little war and fighting will spark the population back up......hmmmmm maybe that is why we keep saying thee care bear alliances aren't healthy. I think more fights means more players. 

Oh and ya'll want to know how we flipped North Carolina o fast?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/172663186560291689/3724EDDC3104EB170F2867A4E6196AFC21BEDD70/

Yes that was an AI fleet we sunked in front of Willington.  It gave us almost 50% of the agro (it was at 61% when we got out of the battle I was in).

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

58 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

San Augistine Line Ship Deep Water port battle:  25+ US/Brits vs 0 pirates

Good turn out but one has to pick there fights and since it wasn't a home econ region we don't care about the attack.   Got our PvP in the OW any way.

Castries Line Ship Deep water port battle.  25 Pirates vs 7 Dutch/US

We had a port battle for San Augustine for tonight, but since we only flipped it for the PvP agro fun out side we where going to pick our defense over a port we don't need or want.  As soon as we logged in the Dutch escaped once there timer was up.

I'm going to guess this is going to go back to the same way it was before.  Can't beat us on straight up fights so they will pull 5 flags.  That ok we only have 2 regions so while one is on cool down we can defend the other.   Until than we will continue the fun of our operations along the US coast line.

Than again we took 3 first rates today, sanked a ton of ships, saved Catries, flipped a port, stopped a port.  Well I think it was a good day. I noticed some others where a little busy today too.   Well it seems like a very interesting week.  Oh and during the port battles the server pop was up to 206.  Highest it' been since the patch and those crappy treasure events.   Maybe a little war and fighting will spark the population back up......hmmmmm maybe that is why we keep saying thee care bear alliances aren't healthy. I think more fights means more players. 

Oh and ya'll want to know how we flipped North Carolina o fast?

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/172663186560291689/3724EDDC3104EB170F2867A4E6196AFC21BEDD70/

Yes that was an AI fleet we sunked in front of Willington.  It gave us almost 50% of the agro (it was at 61% when we got out of the battle I was in).

dont forget the 30 screeners outside! ;) them danes and french and quite a few extra pirates outside. Around 40 ish pirates with a full port battle and several outside. Not a single Dutch sunk, either because of mercy or a ruse. Either way, dont forget about the numbers you "dont have" and can not "consistently get" even though we have all watched Joba's streams lmfao. Glad to see our server hit over 200 for once, welcome back guys! o7 

• Like 1

Do not forget that numbers do not always win battles. A force of more highly experienced individuals can easily turn a battle where they are outnumbered into their favor. I am not even sure US, GB, and Dutch have much of the numbers anymore. Even if we do how many of those are fresh fish? Everyone has been effected by the gradual decrease of population. That is why I am enjoying this war. It is awesome that the Danes are no longer taking a sit back approach and playing on the offensive. Hopefully it will be more back and forth and see more of France and Sweden getting into the fight other than just Elric and our two favorite Swedes.

Edited by Marrius

17 minutes ago, OneEyedSnake said:

dont forget the 30 screeners outside! ;) them danes and french and quite a few extra pirates outside. Around 40 ish pirates with a full port battle and several outside. Not a single Dutch sunk, either because of mercy or a ruse. Either way, dont forget about the numbers you "dont have" and can not "consistently get" even though we have all watched Joba's streams lmfao. Glad to see our server hit over 200 for once, welcome back guys! o7 

30 Screeners?  Maybe at most 10 if you add them together.   You guys like to blow your numbers way out of the book.  I only counted like a couple Danes and french myself.     We actually spotted a lot more of you but you didn't enter the fight.  40 Pirates?  Where the hell you getting your numbers from?   We had 25 in the battle with one person that couldn't get in.  That is a first for us.   It's taken a lot of getting old players back and if you look at that list there are a few  names that are recent recruits from other nations.   Just cause some one brings 25 one time doesn't mean we had it all along.  You have to remember the server pop is going up lately. In fact as of the 1st of this month since we stired the pot with these operations.  The reason players have stopped playing is cause they got bored and nothing was happening.  We are making things happen.  Many of the players you see logged on in the last few days haven't been on in weeks or months.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

It's taken a lot of getting old players back and if you look at that list there are a few  names that are recent recruits from other nations.   

Bummed you guys took Doug Maoz. I like Doug. Doug made me my first Bellona and first Victory.  I don't want to kill Doug. What about Jarlath Morrow? You guys grabbing him as well? You just erasing an entire clan from existence? It depresses me to see the more independent thinking individuals of Great Britain being absorbed into the pirates.

Edited by Marrius

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

30 Screeners?  Maybe at most 10 if you add them together.   You guys like to blow your numbers way out of the book.  I only counted like a couple Danes and french myself.     We actually spotted a lot more of you but you didn't enter the fight.  40 Pirates?  Where the hell you getting your numbers from?   We had 25 in the battle with one person that couldn't get in.  That is a first for us.   It's taken a lot of getting old players back and if you look at that list there are a few  names that are recent recruits from other nations.   Just cause some one brings 25 one time doesn't mean we had it all along.  You have to remember the server pop is going up lately. In fact as of the 1st of this month since we stired the pot with these operations.  The reason players have stopped playing is cause they got bored and nothing was happening.  We are making things happen.  Many of the players you see logged on in the last few days haven't been on in weeks or months.  

Apparently you got into the battle early. That is now what i heard

2 hours ago, Marrius said:

Bummed you guys took Doug Maoz. I like Doug. Doug made me my first Bellona and first Victory.  I don't want to kill Doug. What about Jarlath Morrow? You guys grabbing him as well? You just erasing an entire clan from existence?

Yep they are a pair deal.  Though he had to get more things moved around.   We aren't even trying to get them, but we need numbers too and well like folks keep addressing this alliance thing and no one fighting each other is boring players and they want action.  It was the same the last time we had low pop on the Pirates side and every one fought them.  

And folks might think keeping us out of a port battle is a victory, but they forget that we have killed over 100 ships over the last week.   With a good chunk of those are 1st rates.  To us we count our kills on the OW over all not what goes on in port battles and in there we have killed more ships than the other side too.  Not to mention we are just feed up with being constantly attacked and being on the defense so we figure it's time to take the fight to there shores.   And remember we said we will attack an allied each time we are attacked by some one in the alliance.  Dutch keeps attacking us we will keep attacking US and soon Brits since they are now in an alliance with each other after reset.

Remember folks we have made it very clear the regions we want for our buffer econ and every thing else is just for fun.  It's not like you can't just flip it back after we take it.   We where actually expecting US to get Savanana flipped tonight for a port battle, but I think capping and sinking a good number of ships after the port battles and our quick flip of N.  Carolina gave us free time to go hunting for PvP.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2