Game-Labs Forum

A difference between Neutrality and War

VirtuallyIdiotic

Question

When looking at the political system I had this question come up wondering if there was a difference between a country that is voted into neutral and a country voted to actual war? From what I can tell there is not. If that is the case maybe there should be a change to the status of neutrality. Such as if you are neutral with a nation you are unable to create a port battle against them and vice versa. 

Also if a port battle does occur with a neutral faction and you share a common ally. Can that ally join the port battle and with who? Can they join either faction or are they locked out?

2 answers to this question

When your at war with some one you can't join there fights no matter who they are fighting. If your neutral with either nation you can pick which one you want to join.  Though we did bring up a good point the other night what happens if you flip a port and than the votes go in and you now have an alliance  with that nation or some one has an alliance with both nations at war.  How does the game handle this. Is that Alliance nation just locked out of the port battle (I would assume this most likely).  

Jehil brought up a post that you shouldn't be able to flip a port unless your at war with some one.  This will make it so you can't just flip any one.  Cause to me that would be an act of war for any nation.  It would give reason for folks to break alliances early.

I'll use pirates as an example, since we can't have alliances but we can vote for war with nations.  That nation we are currently at war with we can't join there OW battles.  Now any other nations we come up to we can pick the side we want to join for the most part.  This is mainly Hostility missions and Rookie ROE are that we can do this since all other battles are pretty much locked out.  I haven't tested the signal flag yet, but I think we can pick sides on those too.   On the old system where battles have stayed open we have done this.  Picked a side and joined them to attack the other side.  I believe we have been able to do this in the PvP event so I do think the signal flag gives us that option to join the smaller side. As long as we aren't at war with them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I have always thought that a neutrality status would be quite interesting. In fact, when the devs launched the diplo patch I suggested lots of times to be added into the political system.

Probably this would create less big blocks on the server. Unfortunately we dont have the chance of test it.

Yeah cause right now setting someone to neutral is simply just another war. I do not think they can remove the OW PvP but remove the ability to create PB with a neutral faction.