Game-Labs Forum

DNP - New danish-norwegian clan recruiting on PvP1EU

DNP are recruiting new members for the PvP1EU server. IMPORTANT!! DNP ON THE PvPEU server is going to the EU server when it gets established!

We seek out the enemies of the Danish-Norwegian nation where ever we may find them. From the open waters to their home ports. We will fight them, never rest - never waiver.

DNP Rules (1).jpg

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

DNP at Les Cayes - McKnight had a blast and I got stuck with the guard duty in circle C.. Easy win as the brits and dutch got hammered between our fleet and the forts..

20170212235530_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Port battle at Port au Prince - DNP turned up to defend against the vile british aggresion. Good fun and though the win was never in doubt we were some who were extremely close to sinking.

20170221010326_1.jpg

8 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Port battle at Port au Prince - DNP turned up to defend against the vile british aggresion. Good fun and though the win was never in doubt we were some who were extremely close to sinking.

20170221010326_1.jpg

Port-au-Prince...'vile British aggression'...committed by 23 members of the US nation and 2 Dutch nation players....Down with the British!  :rolleyes:

Good fight though, and good luck to your clan.

Edited by Chijohnaok
  • Like 1

Port battle at Castries. The french had tried numerous attempts to take the harbour and finally the alliance succeeded in ousting the bloody brits from the former french stronghold. Loads of silver, women and slaves were taken as loot to Christiansted! The battle itself was extremely close but DNP kept a cool head along with the rest of the fleet. Through discipline we achieve victory.

20170221190706_1.jpg

20170221190659_1.jpg

The final shot is a picture of my damaged and more or less incapacitated L'Ocean. Lost more than 600 souls in the battle but we got reserves and plenty of gold to hire new crew.

PB at Basse-Terre. Thx to a insanely OP fireship, fluke boarding of Bobzillah I lost most my crew and had to limp through the rest of the port battle.. But in the end.. The bloody brits got hammered into submission and after a sordid raping of their gunners, burning of their ships and all sorts of debauchery - DNP made of with paints and ships in rewards. Still no Agamemnon BP though..

20170303.jpg

DNP at the Nassau port battle. Unfortunately due to an unforseen bug we got 26 players in.. McKnight voluntered to exit the PB to make numbers even in the best of DNP traditions. Thx to Liquicity for the SS as I've been a bit lazy in taking them..

170309.jpg

Tnx for fighting yesterday. Great fun and a thrilling battle versus Rubli.

We all got stunned by McKnight not crewing his 1st rate before the battle. Our morale broke down. Also.... Stern-raking friends is also a bad idea. :-)

DNP is a dedicated clan indeed. But you got work to do. The pirates looove chaotic boarding battles. How can you stay in control? Never ever give them the wind advantage! Stay on distance and let the superior long guns do the job. 

Before going in appoint a commanding officer who will lead the battle. Someone who got the overview in stressed situations. 

Also... We had numerous superiority and should have won.... 

Good side is: you learn by defeat not victories... ;-)

1 hour ago, fox2run said:

Tnx for fighting yesterday. Great fun and a thrilling battle versus Rubli.

We all got stunned by McKnight not crewing his 1st rate before the battle. Our morale broke down. Also.... Stern-raking friends is also a bad idea. :-)

DNP is a dedicated clan indeed. But you got work to do. The pirates looove chaotic boarding battles. How can you stay in control? Never ever give them the wind advantage! Stay on distance and let the superior long guns do the job. 

Before going in appoint a commanding officer who will lead the battle. Someone who got the overview in stressed situations. 

Also... We had numerous superiority and should have won.... 

Good side is: you learn by defeat not victories... ;-)

Yeah well.. RUBLI is a good PvP clan, even if a bit boarding focussed.. They got McKnight doing a rookie mistake right after a PB decision to send him away from Nassau.. Not the finest hour. I wasn't at the battle but teamwork and caliber size speaks for a lot more than mere numbers and as I understand it several players on our side in yesterdays battle wasn't even on TS.. Makes it hard to organize a strategy.

Yes. It was messy. But TS was very silent. No commander ever took the lead. I'm not criticize anyone and I'm not blaming DNP for anything. Just like to give some advice. Hell, I was isolated with LeninGodofWar versus 4 pirates but he chooses to escape so I did the same. Our armor was gone one side and it was pretty lucky we got out. Not exactly an heroic effort but at least my Santi lived to kick them evil pirates next time. :-)

12 minutes ago, fox2run said:

Yes. It was messy. But TS was very silent. No commander ever took the lead. I'm not criticize anyone and I'm not blaming DNP for anything. Just like to give some advice. Hell, I was isolated with LeninGodofWar versus 4 pirates but he chooses to escape so I did the same. Our armor was gone one side and it was pretty lucky we got out. Not exactly an heroic effort but at least my Santi lived to kick them evil pirates next time. :-)

Well there are those days where u win by a large margin and then there's those days you're just happy not to loose the ship..

42 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Yeah well.. RUBLI is a good PvP clan, even if a bit boarding focussed.. They got McKnight doing a rookie mistake right after a PB decision to send him away from Nassau.. Not the finest hour. I wasn't at the battle but teamwork and caliber size speaks for a lot more than mere numbers and as I understand it several players on our side in yesterdays battle wasn't even on TS.. Makes it hard to organize a strategy.

Good job giving us the fight - that's more than a lot of old "good" clans manage to do. And only way to improve oneself is to sink now and then.

Just now, Aphilas said:

Good job giving us the fight - that's more than a lot of old "good" clans manage to do. And only way to improve oneself is to sink now and then.

Yeah.. But a shame it wasn't more organized - nice of you to lie right outside CS and invite to great battles.. Win some or loose some but in the end - a game with no end-game has to be about the battles. Keep it up! I'd love to test myself against your ships.

Yeah I am sorry that I did that rookie mistake jumping straight out of port with 250 crew.... But shit happens when things go that fast. I was just logged in after a PB where I lost 900 crew and simply forgot to refill :(

As the sole representative for the DNP clan at Puerto Plata it befell on me to give a good account of the port battle. The battle was made a bit more difficult when the esteemed General Lafayette from our french allies D/C'ed in the early minutes of the game. The battle raged for a while in and around the A circle, the brits trying to take the wind and shooting sails for the first part of the battle. After that it went into an unseemly brawl where in the end - literally the last 8 mins of the battle - the victory fell to the superiority of the danish-norwegian captains! Glory for all - victors and vanquished alike!!

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

Welcome back after the wipe!

DNP and the rest of the danish-norwegian nation captured Les Cayes! It was a bit of an anticlimax that no french showed up but in light of the french battles with the swedes there's full understanding from DNP.

DNP had 4 players in the battle and we hope the french will come on the 9th when hostility can be build up again :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 31/1/2017 at 0:46 PM, Bearwall said:

DNP are recruiting new members for the PvP EU server. IMPORTANT!! DNP ON THE PvPEU server is going to the EU server when it gets established!

We seek out the enemies of the Danish-Norwegian nation where ever we may find them. From the open waters to their home ports. We will fight them, never rest - never waiver.

DNP Rules (1).jpg

The best Danish-norwigian clan on the server and probberly also the only Clan with Danes and Norwigians...... xD 

Captains log, June 28th 1765

Patrol along the Antilles. Captains attending; Assasin on the "Renommee" and Lars Kjaer on the "Endymion"

We set sail early in the afternoon from Christianssted. The patrol started out rather boring. No pickings along the Bovenwinds islands and after a short warcouncil on the "Endymion" we decided to sail south towards the french possesions on the Grand-Terre region. The region has been a frontier for the warring french and swedes and we hoped to find some raiding parties. The plan worked as intended and we cought a small swedish surprise at Basse-Terre. The swedish captain tried to hide near a fortress but some quick signalling between the Renomme and the Endymion and we decided to board and capture the ship. The captain and crew fought hard, but the sheer numbers of the Endymion quickly decided the outcome quickly. We departed under cover of night for the ragtag town of La Desirade to repair and refit the ships. Soon we discovered a french traders lynx the "Belle Marie", we cought her upwind and quickly boarded and captured her.

After refitting in La Desirade we left for the holdings still loyal to the French revolutionary council. En route to Fort Royal we encountered an indefatigable on patrol, Captain Homy, Sweden. He turned out to be a very capable captain but thx to the mobility of two gunplatforms compared to his rather sluggish sailer we managed to pound him into submission and after a quick bording we gave the captain and crew an honorably front row ticket to watch their ship burn to ash. After a short warcouncil we decided to set Captain Homy and crew free on the shores of Basse-Terre and turn northwards.

After entering swedish waters near Gustavia we spotted an enemy Cerberous-class frigate. After a hard chase we pummeled the ship to Davy Jones. After that we ended the patrol and went for danish waters and the warmth of Christiansteds harbor and town.

Patrol ended on the 29th of June, early just before the first bell, 1765.

Regards

Captain Lars Kjaer