Game-Labs Forum

There needs to be a tutorial for beginners

Primemus

Question

1.       There needs to be a tutorial for beginners…glossing over the basics of how to get started.

2.       I spent 3 hours traveling to missions only to discover I was unqualified to take part in the missions.  By the time I finally got to the event it was over. So some sort of notice would have been nice.  Regarding what lvl was needed for those missions.

3.       There needs to be more mission for new people.  I spent 36 euros just to be bored for 3 hours.  There needs to be more to do!

• Like 4

6 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, Primemus said:

1.       There needs to be a tutorial for beginners…glossing over the basics of how to get started.

2.       I spent 3 hours traveling to missions only to discover I was unqualified to take part in the missions.  By the time I finally got to the event it was over. So some sort of notice would have been nice.  Regarding what lvl was needed for those missions.

3.       There needs to be more mission for new people.  I spent 36 euros just to be bored for 3 hours.  There needs to be more to do!

Their isnt a tutorial yet because the game is in Alpha and any kind of tutorial would quickly become out of date.  

few suggestions:

• Youtube has some great videos on how to sail and game features.  Do a search for Naval Action and watch some videos.
  • visit the guides section of this forum.
  • Ask in game, I have helped several newbies learn the ropes ask in the "Help" channel or in Nation.
  • join a clan or find a friend to sail with.

I understand that However, if your selling the alpha to people 36 euros.  You need to also stay on top the guides. There are but a few guides and even fewer that are of any use to anyone.  The help chat is nice but it takes a long time to get a response if you get a response to a question. Even then there is alot to cover.  Guilds are dependent on TS for battles and explaining things.  Besides How would you know if that guild was any good or even worth while... I get this is the alpha till when ever...but you should smarting things up a bit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Salty Dog PVP1 said:

Their isnt a tutorial yet because the game is in Alpha and any kind of tutorial would quickly become out of date.  

few suggestions:

• Youtube has some great videos on how to sail and game features.  Do a search for Naval Action and watch some videos.
  • visit the guides section of this forum.
  • Ask in game, I have helped several newbies learn the ropes ask in the "Help" channel or in Nation.
  • join a clan or find a friend to sail with.

This is the right answer Prime.  If you wanted complete tutorials you might've considered a game other than alpha stage.  It's not going to happen here at this stage, as it's always changing.  But if you look on the guides section of this forum there's a lot of basics that still help beginners.  Well, all the stuff listed above.  Also try the NA craft website, which is great.  The rest you should learn from your mates in faction or clan.  They should be hand-holding beginners ("newb" sounds harsh so I don't like to use it), so if they're not doing that it could be the reason you're lost.

Keep your help chat up in-game too.

Some one didn't read this which is posted on the page before you can even buy the game.

http://store.steampowered.com/earlyaccessfaq/

There will prob be a tutorial later on when the game is closer to release.  As stated above the players have some great walk through and even on steam there are some guides that are a bit out dated cause the game changes a lot right now.   Many of the players in game will help you if you just ask too.