Game-Labs Forum

Using the spyglass?

Farrago

Question

Surely I just don't know a certain keyboard command...

In open world, is there a way to click somewhere on the screen and then hit "shift" and your spyglass is aimed at that spot? At least with my mouse/computer combo, scrolling around the view in spyglass mode is a real pain.

I think in combat screen, the default aims the spyglass where your cannons are aimed but I'm not even sure about that.

10 answers to this question

No, you move your field of view to the direction that you want to see. This actually mimics the use of binoculars in real life (you very seldom lock immediately on to your subject when you bring the gasses up to your eyes).

I usually line up my center mast to the direction that I want to look, then press 'shift'.

• Like 1

Thanks. I guess I'm better with binoculars than my mouse. Just scanning 90 degrees is a pain with my set up -- sometimes I feel like the spyglass starts off 180 degrees from where I want to look. I did suspect that it had something to do with my mouse sensitivity than it did the game because I had not read other complaints.

16 hours ago, van der Decken said:

The only complaint I have with the spyglass is not being able to fire while looking through it and not seeing the aiming reticle.

You can't F12 screen shot either.  There been a lot of awsome screen shots I could of took and would of looked great through it.  I'm prob going have to start using a third party program for them any way.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

You can't F12 screen shot either.  There been a lot of awsome screen shots I could of took and would of looked great through it.  I'm prob going have to start using a third party program for them any way.

I use FN+PRTSC for spyglass ss.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Don't you have to than paste that into something?   I like to f12 during battles at times.   So doing a bunch of them is easy that way instead of alt tabbing.

Yes, gotta paste into paint or whatever you use, but at least i can get spyglass shots if wanted