Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

On 19/02/2017 at 6:21 AM, DekomoriDesu said:

thx, maybe NA2 's map is part of Euro i think 

It would be easier to understand what people write if they didn't use this infernal shorthand as if they were texting their friends on a cellular phone!

Thank-you. Maybe, Naval Action 2's map is part of the projected European map to be additional to the Caribbean map, I think.

• Like 2

Please rework the officer-system, don't throw it out the window.

Give each ship its own officer, give each forest and mine its own overseer, reintroduce the wharfs for building ships and give them each a shipwright, etc...

This will mean that a ship and all the buildings receive experience independently and will get better over time.

This will add much to the game and will add a lot to ships whose crews have been trained better. People will have to spend time improving their ships and buildings.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Guenwhyvar said:

Give each ship its own officer, give each forest and mine its own overseer, reintroduce the wharfs for building ships and give them each a shipwright, etc...

This will mean that a ship and all the buildings receive experience independently and will get better over time.

This will add much to the game and will add a lot to ships whose crews have been trained better. People will have to spend time improving their ships and buildings.

I have brought up the ship officer thing several times and how it could work so that it's the ship and crew that is gaining perks not the player.  As for the crafting stuff you can pick your one home port and that is where you get your crafting perks.  Any other regions/ports if you try to build in won't get the ship building perks, but you can still craft in them.   For clans it could be there home port for there warehouse that they might get something extra like clan dock space in that port.   A lot more could be done.  Right now my problem with the new system while it's nice for over all, but it now means XP you gain from crafting ships after your maxed level has no use.   I used mine for gaining 5-10 officer ranks when I have to make a new one cause of deaths.  What I don't get in rank from that is normally maxed out fast with PvP or even fleet grinding.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I have brought up the ship officer thing several times and how it could work so that it's the ship and crew that is gaining perks not the player.  As for the crafting stuff you can pick your one home port and that is where you get your crafting perks.  Any other regions/ports if you try to build in won't get the ship building perks, but you can still craft in them.   For clans it could be there home port for there warehouse that they might get something extra like clan dock space in that port.   A lot more could be done.  Right now my problem with the new system while it's nice for over all, but it now means XP you gain from crafting ships after your maxed level has no use.   I used mine for gaining 5-10 officer ranks when I have to make a new one cause of deaths.  What I don't get in rank from that is normally maxed out fast with PvP or even fleet grinding.

My system would mean the whole "officer-system" would be consistent across the game. Rigorously logical and easy to understand and program into the game.

My objection to the proposed system is that it would increase the difference between higher level players and the lower level players. I think the difference between them is already too big. This means there is less cohesion in the player-base than there could be when players who put in the hours on individual ships can improve their performance.

Another advantage of this system would be that ships 'new-off-the-yard' won't be as good as ships you have trained well for weeks. This means a Bucentaur with a level 10 officer will perform better than a Victory with a level 1 officer. This will increase the differentiation of ships in port-battles and other PvP-things yet to come.

• Like 2

On Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 5:49 AM, Lannes said:

It would be easier to understand what people write if they didn't use this infernal shorthand as if they were texting their friends on a cellular phone!

Thank-you. Maybe, Naval Action 2's map is part of the projected European map to be additional to the Caribbean map, I think.

there you go, im not a english speaker, so my english might make somebody confusing, my bad :(

• Like 1

I am still coming to terms with the fact that I actually liked some of Sir Texas' recent ideas in this post...

There have been some great ideas thrown around. Everyone needs to be liking good ideas so the devs can see what the players want!

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:00 AM, Guenwhyvar said:

Yes to the officer and overseer ideas, no to the individual player shipwright. With the current regional bonus system it would make having to rebuild a shipyard any time you want to build a ship in a new port, way too much work. Instead, have a shipyard in each port, that the admiralty owns, and you can pay a "fee" to use it.

59 minutes ago, Syler said:

I am still coming to terms with the fact that I actually liked some of Sir Texas' recent ideas in this post...

There have been some great ideas thrown around. Everyone needs to be liking good ideas so the devs can see what the players want!

LOL just cause I'm an evil pirate in game doesn't mean I'm a total arse all the time.   Only half the time.   We all pick our factions to play.  I want a better game for all.   That includes the Nationals too since i prefer to play pirate side.

Though on a side note any ETA when we getting this next patch.  There was a mention this month in the French interview with a Dev.  I'm hoping sooner than later.  We kinda looking for a bit of a change and some new stuff.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Though on a side note any ETA when we getting this next patch.  There was a mention this month in the French interview with a Dev.  I'm hoping sooner than later.  We kinda looking for a bit of a change and some new stuff.

I think everyone is very interested in finding out the patches release to the game. From what little I did over in testbeds the patch will be very entertaining and has potential to change gameplay

Edited by Davos Seasworth

When will you finally bring a attracting user Interface, it's horrible that you have still this Grey in Grey UI.

You Need some eye candy or at least an appealing user Interface in my opinion and this is really overdue!

Edited by Heinmueck
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2017 at 10:49 AM, The Spud said:

Before they patched it they could also attack eachother but I believe they had a code of honour where they wouldn't attack eachother, they acted more like a nation. If there would be outlaws and real pirates you could still join the outlaws to prevent this from happening.

Oh they did and you were free to hunt with a bounty on your head when you weren't jumping when Xemko or Zombie Pirate told you to.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2017 at 2:26 AM, admin said:

Officers

• Officers will be removed and will perks will moved to the Captain him/herself. Officers might return in the future in a more traditional role and implementation.
  • We are also considering a reset/retire option for veterans who will be able to retire, and start a-fresh continuing a dynasty.

I like the idea of moving perks to Captain abilities; what about in port building/construction. I hope a second logistic officer or manager will be able to help with crafting such as the foreman (increase labour hour production) and other crafting perks. 

Patches are under public scrutiny in the testbed server. They will be deployed in production as soon as ready ?

That's what we, community, asked for. A Test server to check the patches before they went live ?

23 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

A ton of suggestions asking for a test server. And repeated all over. :)

I joined naval action family in september/october (i think) and I have been reading these forums daily and can't remember ever seeing that request. But what I did see is #nofleet :P

• Like 1

I'd love to see more livery and skins in game that paid for. Nothing that gives a player any in game advantage, just bling. Perhaps competitions to allow the communicty to design/ decide the next ship livery. The devs need to generate funds and I feel well designed skins always draw an audience. Imagine if we could buy nice figure heads, put designed on the sails, etc. All for the good of the longevity of the game. 

• Like 3

On 3/17/2017 at 11:59 AM, Wesreidau said:

Taking away missions is wonderful and I can only hope they're taking away both combat and delivery missions. They printed money in March and were the root cause of inflation then. Delivery missions are the root of inflation now.

I have always found that straight trading is faaaaar better than delivery missions. I don't know how delivery missions can make any sort of money when I can make double the reward in less time doing trading alone?

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 2