Game-Labs Forum

Content plans for the first half of 2017

1. Will the raids be available to pirates only because they wont have ports?
2. Is there any work planned on the politic/alliance system?
3. Will there be any work done on conquest mechanics? Specifically make hostility generating PVP event like zones?
4. Is there any work planned to be done on PB mechanics?

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I think one of the biggest problem with the giving out info is that there was either to much given that folks expected or more recently way to little the the means it was given.

Kickstarter for making a ship that is all ready in game?  I'm sorry not catching this.  Why do we need to pay more money to get a ship stats corrected to be more in line with that of what other ships are.   Isn't this what the money we pay for the game is suppose to go towards?

Glad to hear pirate mechanics will b in the future, but still think we should be more like privateers to work for other nations (this will help little nations out) and than you will have the Outlaws (true pirates).

• Like 9

16 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Kickstarter for making a ship that is all ready in game?  I'm sorry not catching this.  Why do we need to pay more money to get a ship stats corrected to be more in line with that of what other ships are.   Isn't this what the money we pay for the game is suppose to go towards?

I think there is a different mindset behind this. Knowing that the developers can't and won't add ship indenfinetly, i asume this will be a try-out.

If the community wants ship A, ship B and ship C, are they willing to collect a fee of € XX to have them build? In this case several US ships + a constitution revamp

I personally don't see it as a additional charge, since they already over delivered on their initial ship promise. This would open up the ability to get for example proper ship variation going with danish, swedish, dutch and spanish lines.

@admin, Are you willing to publish which rates of ships are under development, or a ship release roadmap?

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Kickstarter for making a ship that is all ready in game?  I'm sorry not catching this

Its not about shipstats Its about the remodeling of the complete ship. Compare her ingame appearance to the real thing. You will see that we are sailing a "nicer box" (sry for the exxageration) and the real thing looks more like our ingame belle poule in regards to her curves.

What I personally dont agree with is the priorisitation of the americans bevore nations which dont even have one single vessel representing them.

The dutch nation is not represented and we are talking about a ship bundle for the americans which already make up 20% of the ship lineup. (ignoring the variants - only counting the basic ship models) The danish get one vessel. The swedes, too. The spanish have one vessel. But they did play a role in shipbuilding throughout the 18th century.

All in all your changes sound good. One concern: removal of missions. What do the PvE players get in return? Do you keep missions on the PvE server?

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

I think there is a different mindset behind this. Knowing that the developers can't and won't add ship indenfinetly, i asume this will be a try-out.

If the community wants ship A, ship B and ship C, are they willing to collect a fee of € XX to have them build? In this case several US ships + a constitution revamp

I personally don't see it as a additional charge, since they already over delivered on their initial ship promise. This would open up the ability to get for example proper ship variation going with danish, swedish, dutch and spanish lines.

OK I get the idea behind funding specific ship packs however this should in no way be tied to the Constitution a ship we all already paid for and expect to be in a decent state (and eventually finished state).

Also with ship packs I see the same problem arising as with the current blueprint distribution - it creates inequality when one nation/player does not have access to the ship that quite frankly wrecks all the other ones! This is already very annoying but this is now moving towards a P2W direction (I am sure you're not intentionally moving there but devs rarely are and still meet that point)

Edited by JollyRoger1516

I like all of it, its probably a tough decision to remove/replace stuff you've put so much time in.

The return of a flag like system will be a good idea I think, I always liked the flag system when it was used as it was supposed to be used. It will also give all players a bigger chance to get into PB's, as the planned ones always end up with roughly the same people fighting eachother.

Victory points I like allot, as it'll give incentive to do PvP, even for the less skilled players who'll manage to get maybe a point every now and then, they'll get to have some exclusive stuff too.

Also the NPC changes will be nice, however I remember the way they used to be was the NPC would only attack roughly similar BR. But seen as it is easy to take down a similar sized ship/fleet, I just hope they don't become more of an annoiance then an actual challenge. I wonder how good the Elite NPC ships will be.

Fot the missions, sometimes I feel like I just want to sink something, so I hope whenever server population is on the low side we still have plenty of chances to get a fight.

I'm willing to chip in on any additional ships in this game, if we could double or triple the amount of ships in this game that would be so cool.

I realy look forward to see the conquest changes!

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Magic Wind said:

Time to change nation.  Its already annoying move and buy to stuff as pirate. Now all can attack and steal my stuffs, so bye bye crafting.

Before they patched it they could also attack eachother but I believe they had a code of honour where they wouldn't attack eachother, they acted more like a nation. If there would be outlaws and real pirates you could still join the outlaws to prevent this from happening.

Edited by The Spud

48 minutes ago, JollyRoger1516 said:

OK I get the idea behind funding specific ship packs however this should in no way be tied to the Constitution a ship we all already paid for and expect to be in a decent state (and eventually finished state).

Also with ship packs I see the same problem arising as with the current blueprint distribution - it creates inequality when one nation/player does not have access to the ship that quite frankly wrecks all the other ones! This is already very annoying but this is now moving towards a P2W direction (I am sure you're not intentionally moving there but devs rarely are and still meet that point)

The way they've put it down it doesn't sound like exclusive ship packs, I think its a fund raiser to be able to get more ships in the game for everybody, not only those who paid. I think I read somewhere that they need more funds to get all the ships in the game they want to put in. So its not going to turn into a P2W.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Spud said:

The way they've put it down it doesn't sound like exclusive ship packs, I think its a fund raiser to be able to get more ships in the game for everybody, not only those who paid. I think I read somewhere that they need more funds to get all the ships in the game they want to put in. So its not going to turn into a P2W.

ok - I doubt that will truly work as a buttload of people won't agree to pay for others content but I myself would be up for new ships being funded if they then become available to everybody with the blueprint also available through normal learning(old school blueprints)! However the fix of the Constitution should still in no way be tied to a paid for patch.

Also I don't see how missions were in any way in the way?! All they needed was a less cheaty AI and more diversity. It wasn't even a priority in development requests but to see it totally removed?! - What do PvE players, new players and the occassional bored person do now? Again please don't forget that a lot of people like me join the PvP server to enjoy both PvE and PvP and not to be forced into a very specific role.

• Like 11

4 hours ago, admin said:

Content plans for 1H of 2017

• NPC changes

• Bots will change and will start changing from January. Privateers will be added to the OW attacking players and traders in enemy waters. Elite NPC captains will also sail around and join battles from time to time (like before release)

Why is it still a thing to force people to pve? Even now the big circle makes most pvp fights to a stupid pve shooting.

Why we get everythime so many features destroying clean pvp?

Its a good suggestion for a pve server but a wrong decision for the pvp server. Remember the time as AI fleets were agressive and how many people complained about it that pvp turned to a pve fest and it wasnt possible to sail some miles especially in front of ports without getting attacked by AI.

For me i left every instance as i got attacked by Ai and it was just annoying because i want to pvp and not to pve.

Edited by z4ys
Some more infos
  • Like 14

Mostly good changes, but the removal of missions is a bad idea IMO. Sometimes we only have half an hour, so we just want to jump in and have a relatively quick PvE fight. I see why that shouldn't be required to building hostility, but it is not in the way of anything, it is just an extra option for players. They just need some more diversity in ships and starting positions. Why would you remove that?

• Like 10

1 hour ago, SteelSandwich said:

@admin, Are you willing to publish which rates of ships are under development, or a ship release roadmap?

22 minutes ago, monk33y said:

I like that we now have a cash shop (kick-starter) that adds extra funding without adding game breaking pay to win (Im still in favour of a cash shop with unique cosmetic addons etc)

Sorry sounds more like they are running out of money from the sales of the game and need more income cause it's taking longer to developed than they thought.  Kick-start should of been back when they did the papal purchase of the game.  I still don't get why we need to pay more for a ship that should of been modeled correctly or updated later in game.  If this turns into a very much expected P2W type crap or prem ships than I'm prob going to just let this game die off.  Don't want another game like world of tanks and if it leads to that it will be more of an arena style game then an OW sandbox.  I get having some content/DLC later to buy that is extension to the game, but right now before game is even released we pretty much getting told we need to spend more money on the game?   It's not like this game is promising anything like say SC that had promised teirs of content for each level that was reached. 

I'll just wait and see later exactly what this kick-start thing is about.  

• Like 4

Kick-starter is clever because if the development company goes belly up or just don't finish what's promised they are under no obligation to complete anything paid for in kick-starter.

I'm in no doubt funds are very tight. 

I'd be happy to pay for a cosmetic ship trim or ship paint for a few ships that are one use only. Eg, black paint, black sails or the image of ripped sail etc. 

I pplay world of warships and I see pwhat people pay in that for premium only ships. Why not in here?

Game needs funds I like features/extras. I'd be happy paying £5-50 for an addons ship/premium feature (cosmetic) 

If pay £2.00 for the ability when it's dark that my ships lights turn off etc 

If I want all my fleet to look a certain way I'll pay for it (also would make capturing ships a thing again to get the custom loadout (look)

Edited by monk33y
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Sorry sounds more like they are running out of money from the sales of the game and need more income cause it's taking longer to developed than they thought.  Kick-start should of been back when they did the papal purchase of the game.  I still don't get why we need to pay more for a ship that should of been modeled correctly or updated later in game.  If this turns into a very much expected P2W type crap or prem ships than I'm prob going to just let this game die off.  Don't want another game like world of tanks and if it leads to that it will be more of an arena style game then an OW sandbox.  I get having some content/DLC later to buy that is extension to the game, but right now before game is even released we pretty much getting told we need to spend more money on the game?   It's not like this game is promising anything like say SC that had promised teirs of content for each level that was reached. 

Just so you know, in terms of kickstarting of ships i believe this has been on the table ever since i joined Naval Action(that is now 2 years ago(boy its been a long time O.o)), and in terms of promised ships, while I dont think they have enough ships, the devs have over delivered on their promise.

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I have been here for years, and from day 1 the idea was spit balled to have kick starters for specific ship packs. The out of money argument sounds easy and somewhat invalid to me therefore. Can it be a motivation for? Sure! But one cannot expect a game to have no P2W features, no cash shop and indefinite development. I assume you understand that.

They have expressed several times that P2W is something they will avoid at all costs, but that means if they wish to have a revenue stream there needs to be alternatives. Customizables have been suggested to be payable, which would not influence the game performance wise. Kick starter ship packs are just another version of that. The problem some people have is that they don't see the current suggested kick starter as the addition of say 3 ship + revamp of the consti, but the revamp of the consti + 3 ships. Frankly, i don't care what people think of it, since it's merely the premise of a kick starter pack.

How could those kick starters look like? Well, something like this i asume:

draught_consti comp.jpg

FLTR: Hekla (20 gun bomb corvet, 2 mortars), Venus (20 gun corvet with cool battle history), Euridice (36-gun frigate, sturdy ship), Zeven provincien (don't mind this one, cool model but not game relevant), The Ruyter (incredibly strong 90-gun ship), Constitution with correct hull model (don't mind this one).

The beauty is, it's simple! 2 years from now if the game is stable and people still want new ships, they can start kick starter after kick starter. People can easily judge if a kick starter was worth their money since if the first one fails, there will not be a succesfull one after that. If it is succesfull, the devs have found a revenue stream that is a win-win for both parties.

• Like 13

23 minutes ago, SteelSandwich said:

I have been here for years, and from day 1 the idea was spit balled to have kick starters for specific ship packs. The out of money argument sounds easy and somewhat invalid to me therefore. Can it be a motivation for? Sure! But one cannot expect a game to have no P2W features, no cash shop and indefinite development. I assume you understand that.

They have expressed several times that P2W is something they will avoid at all costs, but that means if they wish to have a revenue stream there needs to be alternatives. Customizables have been suggested to be payable, which would not influence the game performance wise. Kick starter ship packs are just another version of that. The problem some people have is that they don't see the current suggested kick starter as the addition of say 3 ship + revamp of the consti, but the revamp of the consti + 3 ships. Frankly, i don't care what people think of it, since it's merely the premise of a kick starter pack.

How could those kick starters look like? Well, something like this i asume:

draught_consti comp.jpg

FLTR: Hekla (20 gun bomb corvet, 2 mortars), Venus (20 gun corvet with cool battle history), Euridice (36-gun frigate, sturdy ship), Zeven provincien (don't mind this one, cool model but not game relevant), The Ruyter (incredibly strong 90-gun ship), Constitution with correct hull model (don't mind this one).

The beauty is, it's simple! 2 years from now if the game is stable and people still want new ships, they can start kick starter after kick starter. People can easily judge if a kick starter was worth their money since if the first one fails, there will not be a succesfull one after that. If it is succesfull, the devs have found a revenue stream that is a win-win for both parties.

Like I said lets wait.  I kinda get the concept cause of SC, but this game is no where close to SC, but it's still a ship that is all ready in the game and I can see how they could do this in the future.   I would prefer them to work on getting the current content worked out and the game mechanics needed to get further along.  More ships can all ways be added later on.   Though thanks for explaining it better.   

And I have no problem for cosmetic stuff like paints and skins being bought, but anything like that should have an in game optoin to get it for those that don't want to pay real money for.

• Like 2

Pirates should not be a nation.  The republic of pirates was never big, so I don't think we have to consider them as a nation.  Pirates should be criminals.  Maybe in real life they had romantic ideas, or they were romanticized after.
You could even consider making pirates to be able to sail to every port that is not regional capital, only ones having the smugglers flag.  Maybe even craft in every port.  But then limitations as well of course.  Also Pirate Refit like bonuses as captains perk, not ship bound that every nation can have.

NPC Changes, I am feeling pain here.  I am looking for a PvP fight for hours, and then I would need to be fighting bots all the time.  Maybe privateers/towers/bots/AI can be bought to protect a port, but then lost after destroyed by enemy.  Or dump your 1 dura ships for AI, or only small nations can have AI protecting the waters.  Or something.

Community relations...  If you could keep it cool, you would be doing a good job actually.  It would be nice if you were keeping touch to us like before.  I actually think it has been a good thing.  Just...  Keep it cool guys!

• Like 3